The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

I got a ticket for walking along the railroad tracks in White Rock.  Utter BS cash grab ticket.  At least give me a warning first and don't try and tell me you're writing this ticket 'for my safety' as if they effin care.  What's safer walking along tracks at a time when trains don't use it (Saturday evenings) or trying to traverse rocky bluffs during high tide? I've been playing guitar down at the beach for over 20 years and never once had a problem with the trains.  I am not an idiot(despite what many of you think :ph34r:) I don't listen to music and I am always looking back every minute and it's pretty easy to feel when a train is coming.  If people are getting hit by trains it due to suicide not being oblivious to a 100 tonne tank with wheels bearing down on you.

Anyone with an idea if I should fight this?  Or maybe get the fine reduced?  I came from crescent beach (the opposite way of all the posted signs) it was during high tide and during the 2hr break where trains don't normally run.  I never produced id though I gave them my real name, I can't read the writing on the ticket, the officer wrote the wrong time down, and the warning signs on the tracks are all vandalised as well. 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Tre Mac said:

I got a ticket for walking along the railroad tracks in White Rock.  Utter BS cash grab ticket.  At least give me a warning first and don't try and tell me you're writing this ticket 'for my safety' as if they effin care.  What's safer walking along tracks at a time when trains don't use it (Saturday evenings) or trying to traverse rocky bluffs during high tide? I've been playing guitar down at the beach for over 20 years and never once had a problem with the trains.  I am not an idiot(despite what many of you think :ph34r:) I don't listen to music and I am always looking back every minute and it's pretty easy to feel when a train is coming.  If people are getting hit by trains it due to suicide not being oblivious to a 100 tonne tank with wheels bearing down on you.

Anyone with an idea if I should fight this?  Or maybe get the fine reduced?  I came from crescent beach (the opposite way of all the posted signs) it was during high tide and during the 2hr break where trains don't normally run.  I never produced id though I gave them my real name, I can't read the writing on the ticket, the officer wrote the wrong time down, and the warning signs on the tracks are all vandalised as well. 

That's a hard one.  I don't know how you should fight this.  For me, I've never gotten a ticket for the things I have done when I was 18, 19, and in my lower 20's.

I used to get into a lot of trouble when I was 18-19 skateboarding in public, but I never got my skateboard taken away nor a ticket.  When I was 18, my roommate and I threw a party, and decided to leave our party with our skateboards and shopping cart, and rolled down 2nd in Belltown with our shopping cart and skateboards, leaving 30+ people in our apartment.  We were drunk and in college.  We proceeded to 3rd, and there at the stop light was a cop. To make this short, I was threatened with jail, and we were explained concepts, and the cop yelled at us, telling us to park our shopping cart.  We did, and then came back for it 10 minutes later, and found another shopping back on the way back, rolling both shopping carts back to our apartment  with the 30+ people still partying.

17 hours ago, brilac said:

That's a hard one.  I don't know how you should fight this.  For me, I've never gotten a ticket for the things I have done when I was 18, 19, and in my lower 20's.

I used to get into a lot of trouble when I was 18-19 skateboarding in public, but I never got my skateboard taken away nor a ticket.  When I was 18, my roommate and I threw a party, and decided to leave our party with our skateboards and shopping cart, and rolled down 2nd in Belltown with our shopping cart and skateboards, leaving 30+ people in our apartment.  We were drunk and in college.  We proceeded to 3rd, and there at the stop light was a cop. To make this short, I was threatened with jail, and we were explained concepts, and the cop yelled at us, telling us to park our shopping cart.  We did, and then came back for it 10 minutes later, and found another shopping back on the way back, rolling both shopping carts back to our apartment  with the 30+ people still partying.

Drinking and shopping carts sound like a recipe for disaster(if you ride them)::D  You were lucky to not get a fine.

I talked to some people and they said it's the Canadian rail cops and they only have around 80 or so to patrol all the tracks in Canada.  If that is the case I am thinking they wont show up in court. 

So far I have gotten a noise bylaw ticket for a loud stereo, a Park after Dark Fine, Parking to far away from the curb, and now trespassing on a railway. 

So I am meeting a friend whom I have not seen for a while tomorrow.  Back in 2003, I used to work with a bunch of gals who liked to party, and would go out a lot.  I was 20 when I started, so I could not go to the bars with them.  When I turned 21, we all went out for my birthday.  They were quite the partiers, and our department had a reputation of the party department.  In 2005, I moved to the Olympic Peninsula, and they eventually left their positions and moved on. The last time I saw them was for one's 30th birthday in 2011. These days, they are all married and have children, who knew?! And I'm still the same minus the bars and partying, but I do drink my wine.

I feel you OP. I picked up a part-time job working nights at a hotel. My actual job, the night audit, is about a total of 3 hours of work, but I'm on from 11pm to 7am. The rest of the time I'm at the front desk doing the late check-ins and early check-outs. This leads to a LOT of cdc time :) I do some studying/homework in my down time too, but it's frowned upon to have my books spread all over the front desk, and I'm often not at my sharpest in the wee hours of the morning.

Is it bad that I don't want children. I spent my day with my friend and a 7 month old. She's cute and funny. Her face lit up when I asked her how's it going when her mom was in the ladies room, and proceeded to have a conversation, but those little ones are not for me. I was dropped off at Whole Foods, and really enjoyed looking at the Yoga magazine, and buying wine, dessert, Kombucha, those wonderful bath salts, and cherries. 

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, brilac said:

Is it bad that I don't want children.

No not at all, lots of the girls I know and are friends with are in the same boat.  Me personally I always wanted to be a family man, get married and have a couple of kids and a detached house but I rather be single than to be divorced with a kid paying child support.  Marriage and kids is not something you do half assed yet that seems to be the mentality lately in North America and the children suffer because of it. 

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, MattJVD said:

I feel you OP. I picked up a part-time job working nights at a hotel. My actual job, the night audit, is about a total of 3 hours of work, but I'm on from 11pm to 7am. The rest of the time I'm at the front desk doing the late check-ins and early check-outs. This leads to a LOT of cdc time :) I do some studying/homework in my down time too, but it's frowned upon to have my books spread all over the front desk, and I'm often not at my sharpest in the wee hours of the morning.

Well its good that you can study while at work, sometimes I wish I could go back to earn a business degree with all the downtime I have here.

So instead of working out today, I opted to treat myself to cupcakes and wine, grapefruit wine that is. And oh my, that grapefruit wine is so divine! I love it. Anyhow, there is a cupcake place at the bottom of this shopping center near by, and I got two cupcakes, and did not feel well after starting my second cupcake and a few sips of wine. I must have been punished! 

Our work has the worst bbq's.  They had a bbq last month for sales and customer's only and they had an abundant amount of burgers and hotdogs and all that yummy stuff.  Now they have a company bbq for employees and it's all salad and chicken that's coated in god knows what.  C'mon, I haven't had a burger in over a year!  Plus I had to tend to some work while they were serving the first batch of bbq chicken so I missed out on the only thing that looks half decent.  So all I ended up eating was two pieces of bread.  So lame, my morale took a dip today. 

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, brilac said:

So instead of working out today, I opted to treat myself to cupcakes and wine, grapefruit wine that is. And oh my, that grapefruit wine is so divine! I love it. Anyhow, there is a cupcake place at the bottom of this shopping center near by, and I got two cupcakes, and did not feel well after starting my second cupcake and a few sips of wine. I must have been punished! 

I miss sweet baked goods.  It's been a year since I stopped eating sweets and fast food and tbh I haven't received the results I have been hoping for.  I am 6' and weigh usually between 200-215 and was hoping to get rid of all this jelly on my stomach and chest!  I really wanted to walk along the beach with my shirt off and not feel embarrassed. 

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Our work has the worst bbq's.  They had a bbq last month for sales and customer's only and they had an abundant amount of burgers and hotdogs and all that yummy stuff.  Now they have a company bbq for employees and it's all salad and chicken that's coated in god knows what.  C'mon, I haven't had a burger in over a year!  Plus I had to tend to some work while they were serving the first batch of bbq chicken so I missed out on the only thing that looks half decent.  So all I ended up eating was two pieces of bread.  So lame, my morale took a dip today. 

I miss sweet baked goods.  It's been a year since I stopped eating sweets and fast food and tbh I haven't received the results I have been hoping for.  I am 6' and weigh usually between 200-215 and was hoping to get rid of all this jelly on my stomach and chest!  I really wanted to walk along the beach with my shirt off and not feel embarrassed. 

Yeah I love the sweets, and make them into my daily food intake without going over my calorie limit, but sometimes I do, like with the cupcakes and wine. I am 5'6 1/2 and would like to lose another 10 pounds. I have lost 10 pounds am at a desirable weight, but I would like to be thinner as in ultra vanity weight.

On 2017-07-17 at 8:19 AM, Tre Mac said:

No not at all, lots of the girls I know and are friends with are in the same boat.  Me personally I always wanted to be a family man, get married and have a couple of kids and a detached house but I rather be single than to be divorced with a kid paying child support.  Marriage and kids is not something you do half assed yet that seems to be the mentality lately in North America and the children suffer because of it. 

Well its good that you can study while at work, sometimes I wish I could go back to earn a business degree with all the downtime I have here.

I don't mean to be glib but maybe you could go back and earn a business degree with all the downtime you have there...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 8:53 PM, brilac said:

Is it bad that I don't want children. I spent my day with my friend and a 7 month old. She's cute and funny. Her face lit up when I asked her how's it going when her mom was in the ladies room, and proceeded to have a conversation, but those little ones are not for me. I was dropped off at Whole Foods, and really enjoyed looking at the Yoga magazine, and buying wine, dessert, Kombucha, those wonderful bath salts, and cherries. 

Same here. Always knew I didn't want kids (nor do I think marriage is necessary). I'm having a hard time finding a guy who's on the same page as me though lol 

17 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Same here. Always knew I didn't want kids (nor do I think marriage is necessary). I'm having a hard time finding a guy who's on the same page as me though lol 

One day you might look back upon those 4,345,894 occasions in which you turned Colon Dee down and wonder what could have been.

24 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

You can't find a guy that doesn't want to marry you?

are you a sorceress?

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

One day you might look back upon those 4,345,894 occasions in which you turned Colon Dee down and wonder what could have been.

Hahahahaha maybe I'll regret it when I'm 80 and still single :P

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You can't find a guy that doesn't want to marry you?

are you a sorceress?

LOL