The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

On 7/3/2020 at 6:44 PM, BoKnows said:

I haven't partied in months cause of Covid, but tonight I feel like I'm ready to let loose.  It's currently 21:42 EST and I can feel the adrenaline following through my veins.  I can't go anywhere cause I had some beer on the course, and with dinner with my parents.  My best friend is working until 22:00, and my other friends are busy being b*****.  Haven't felt like this in a while, can't waste this energy on a night when nothing happens.

Did you party it up?

I am going to get some gummies and go down to the beach tonight solo and play some geets.  

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Did you party it up?

I am going to get some gummies and go down to the beach tonight solo and play some geets.  

No I ended up crashing after posting this lol.  Some buddies from out of town came up the next night though, so I had some beers with them.

• Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The boredom is really getting to me.  Summer is usually my happy time but week after week of not doing anything socially is getting to me.  On Saturday I went down to the beach and played some guitar - normally I go far so no one can hear me but me foot is still sore so I decided to play in a somewhat populated area and not sing.  I thought my playing was alright - but each passing song I noticed people started moving away - ouch!.  So after awhile I started to pack up my guitar - of course that's when all the beautiful ladies started coming down<_<.  No luck.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
13 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

The boredom is really getting to me.  Summer is usually my happy time but week after week of not doing anything socially is getting to me.  On Saturday I went down to the beach and played some guitar - normally I go far so no one can hear me but me foot is still sore so I decided to play in a somewhat populated area and not sing.  I thought my playing was alright - but each passing song I noticed people started moving away - ouch!.  So after awhile I started to pack up my guitar - of course that's when all the beautiful ladies started coming down<_<.  No luck.

I know Tre Mac.  I've been inside for months, except for that week when I went walking each day, but I have plenty to do.  It made me think, where are all the beautiful 30 year old something + men at?  They're probably at home too.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well this has been the worst summer ever aside from the Canucks being in the playoffs.

This has been the worst summer for me too due to several factors.  

I earned a 4.0 in my English class.  Next quarter I am taking sewing.  

• Cheers 1

Sewing masks. I’m having a hard time with the stitching. I’m a perfectionist. The last time I used a sewing machine was in 2002 and decided to start sewing again with a sewing machine.  I need to sew more to become better.

The fabric is also 8x8 inches, and the masks needed to be a certain size.

I take a college sewing class starting at the end of September.  I am going to have a lot of questions.

A6C677A1-8FA2-4135-8FF2-3BA7D39BBADB.thumb.jpeg.2e7be4defc62fb2a0dcba0d5d5fd9225.jpeg

607E9A3B-4FD9-455F-9ABE-EC55A33AE2DE.thumb.jpeg.7e321603628f5b8c48b5d231ab804460.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 2:10 AM, brilac said:

Sewing masks. I’m having a hard time with the stitching. I’m a perfectionist. The last time I used a sewing machine was in 2002 and decided to start sewing again with a sewing machine.  I need to sew more to become better.

The fabric is also 8x8 inches, and the masks needed to be a certain size.

I take a college sewing class starting at the end of September.  I am going to have a lot of questions.

A6C677A1-8FA2-4135-8FF2-3BA7D39BBADB.thumb.jpeg.2e7be4defc62fb2a0dcba0d5d5fd9225.jpeg

607E9A3B-4FD9-455F-9ABE-EC55A33AE2DE.thumb.jpeg.7e321603628f5b8c48b5d231ab804460.jpeg

I remember we had to sew pants in high school, mine did not turn out well lol.

I was thinking today about the day trips I used to take down to San Francisco.  Those were fun times.  I remember once the flight was delayed because a First Commander did not show, so we had to wait for 2 hours.  I had bought a ticket to Alcatraz, and kept asking when the flight was going to take off.  When the plane landed in San Francisco, I hurried out and ran to the BART.  I got off downtown, and there was a taxi by the station, so I got in, and went to the pier, and got there 5 minutes before final boarding.  Then that same day, on the way back, the flight was delayed by 2 hours. I was told it was delayed because the flight was late flying from Mexico and they needed to do an international inspection after landing in San Francisco.  Another time the flight to San Francisco was delayed by a few hours due to a worn down brake.  We all boarded, the plane was ready to depart, and then we had to de-board.  There's this restaurant I really like in Fisherman's Wharf on the waterfront.  When you enter the restaurant, it has all these old pictures of celebrities as you are walking up the stairs, and I really like the view of the water.  Another time flying back from San Francisco, I was sitting in First Class and drank too much wine.  The flight attendant left the bottle with me.  I was so drunk when I got off the plane, but I made it home by train. Those were fun times.  I used to take day trips to Vancouver and Victoria too.  The last time I went to Victoria, I took a Seaplane, and had breakfast (dessert) at a French bakery and lunch at the Vista 18, and walked out to James Bay.  I really like water and views.  The last time I went to Vancouver was for the Draft. 

10 minutes ago, brilac said:

I was thinking today about the day trips I used to take down to San Francisco.  Those were fun times.  I remember once the flight was delayed because a First Commander did not show, so we had to wait for 2 hours.  I had bought a ticket to Alcatraz, and kept asking when the flight was going to take off.  When the plane landed in San Francisco, I hurried out and ran to the BART.  I got off downtown, and there was a taxi by the station, so I got in, and went to the pier, and got there 5 minutes before final boarding.  Then that same day, on the way back, the flight was delayed by 2 hours. I was told it was delayed because the flight was late flying from Mexico and they needed to do an international inspection after landing in San Francisco.  Another time the flight to San Francisco was delayed by a few hours due to a worn down brake.  We all boarded, the plane was ready to depart, and then we had to de-board.  There's this restaurant I really like in Fisherman's Wharf on the waterfront.  When you enter the restaurant, it has all these old pictures of celebrities as you are walking up the stairs, and I really like the view of the water.  Another time flying back from San Francisco, I was sitting in First Class and drank too much wine.  The flight attendant left the bottle with me.  I was so drunk when I got off the plane, but I made it home by train. Those were fun times.  I used to take day trips to Vancouver and Victoria too.  The last time I went to Victoria, I took a Seaplane, and had breakfast (dessert) at a French bakery and lunch at the Vista 18, and walked out to James Bay.  I really like water and views.  The last time I went to Vancouver was for the Draft. 

you sure the fishermans warf wasnt in Vic, cause thats a famous place with the seals, chubby bugger and ther awesome!

1 hour ago, TNucks1 said:

you sure the fishermans warf wasnt in Vic, cause thats a famous place with the seals, chubby bugger and ther awesome!

That’s great!  You just made me think of the Olympic Peninsula. I used to live on the Olympic Peninsula years and years ago.  There’s fantastic wineries on the Olympic Peninsula.  When things start to open up and cross border travel, I’d recommend anyone to take the Coho ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles and explore. The Olympic Peninsula is gorgeous! 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

It was nice to go to downtown Vancouver and see some friends over the weekend.  What a terrible year its been socially.

I have not been out since March except for my essential walks and have been taking them mostly at night. 

Did some Prime shopping.  George needed a kitty water fountain, I bought myself a mug warmer to keep my coffee warm all the time. I also bought myself toothbrush brush heads and a drain de-clogger thing.

Anyhow, the Bachelorette is on! That's my show! 

• Cheers 1
13 hours ago, brilac said:

I have not been out since March except for my essential walks and have been taking them mostly at night. 

Did some Prime shopping.  George needed a kitty water fountain, I bought myself a mug warmer to keep my coffee warm all the time. I also bought myself toothbrush brush heads and a drain de-clogger thing.

Anyhow, the Bachelorette is on! That's my show! 

Currently looking at some prime deals right now.