The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blues re-sign F Alex Steen [4 year x $5.75M AAV]

5 minutes ago, JWang24 said:

A bit of an overpay I would say +no trade dangerous for a 32 year old that just got shoulder surgery..

similar numbers to Eriksson, a year older, 1 years less on the terms (including his current contract), slighty lower cap-hit.   I'd say he got the average of what was dished out this summer.

17 minutes ago, JWang24 said:

I defs agree with that had a slow start recently I only think its going to get worse

I dont get why they didnt just let him play out his final year and go frm thr. Hes coming off shoulder surgery, his production is on a decline and they award with 7million in his first 2yrs of his new contract. 

Dumb move by stl giving him an extension with already a year on his deal still to go. Never been a fan of giving a player an extension before his current contract is up, it's asking for trouble. 

Steen is a player who is wearing down and coulda saved them a million or so after his production dips this season 

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Dumb move by stl giving him an extension with already a year on his deal still to go. Never been a fan of giving a player an extension before his current contract is up, it's asking for trouble. 

Steen is a player who is wearing down and coulda saved them a million or so after his production dips this season 

I wasn't a fan of Sutter's extension. Largely cause he'd played a resounding 0 games for us prior. Still like the dude and the trade but an extension with a year left on the current contract does seem off sometimes.

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I wasn't a fan of Sutter's extension. Largely cause he'd played a resounding 0 games for us prior. Still like the dude and the trade but an extension with a year left on the current contract does seem off sometimes.

Exactly. It coulda saved the Canucks some term on his contract but we got lucky cause his extension was fair term and money when compared to other contracts 

On 24/09/2016 at 2:36 PM, canucklehead80 said:

Didn't think too much of him as a Leaf back in the day. Kind of figured once he left the Leafs he wouldn't be as productive. Has turned himself into a pretty good player. Don't think the AAV is bad, but I would kind of be a little concerned about his durability issues at his age for another 4 years.

Once players leave the Leafs, they play much better apparently based off of the past couple of seasons.

Archived