The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else hate that they integrated the Canucks app into the NHL app?

Sedinyoureyesontheprize

8 hours ago, drewman54 said:

You can find the message boards/forums on the bottom of the new app... I don't like this change either but if you have the app open just scroll down. I don't know how to attach a photo for reference but yeah. It sucks. 

THIS! While I don't like it when things are arbitrarily changed, the forums are definitely still on the app. 

Posted from the NHL app.

1 hour ago, LionofJudah said:

The biggest annoyance for me is the lack of a back button. I find I have to go back to the home page and then reenter the boards if I end up in a thread. (Or I'm just too slow to find it which I haven't ruled out yet)

I agree I have yet to find it. 

Maybe this is all part of a plan to get people to look at the actual game instead of their phones when they are at the arena?

It still amazes me to see people paying $300 per ticket and praying to their blackberry instead of watching live hockey. Its like buying a ticket to an all-inclusive Mexican vacation and then going to Chipotle instead. 

Im a little pissed about this personally. Like others I only really used the app to get to the forums, so there's no huge loss in having the Nucks app discontinued. But what I'm pissed about is the consultation or the warning. Or more like the lack there of. Where's the NHL statement or a Canucks statement saying "today we're integrating our league team apps into the NHL app to streamline our product and improve our access to fans....blah blah blah". Instead no warning.

Plus, like someone else said the NHL app isn't available in Europe, so I had to go through some hassle to change app stores, CC's, etc, and then all for what? That terrible NHL app? That app is terrible beyond belief. I literally get a blank page when I open the Canucks supposed page. No msg boards on the bottom of anywhere and even more annoying is there's a advertisement banner on the bottom FOR THE FRICKIN NHL APP THAT I JUST DOWNLOADED. Hahahaha geezuz. 

Ill just use that homepage shortcut now instead. Never knew you could do that, so thx to whoever posted that!! 

Sorry just had to rant that out, peeps. 

I can tell you that I'm twice as much pissed off at this than most of you guys, as I cannot download the NHL app since it is not available to be downloaded from the Finnish app store and cannot be downloaded from the North american store since I'm in Finland. So I can't use the NHL app and the Canucks one doesn't start. I can remotely understand that TSN videos are not viewable from where I am, but to limit a fan getting info, interacting and following a team from abroad or to access his/her favorite teams app for stats or general info is really unfair.

Archived