The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Your Playoff Predictions

Who makes it from the Pacific?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pick the teams you think make the playoffs, along with the cup winner.

I made a poll like this last year, and it can be fun to see how accurate you were.

And hopefully @-Vintage Canuck- makes his picks now rather than in April ;)

My predictions:

Pacific:

1. San Jose

2. Anaheim

3. LA

Central:

1. Dallas

2. Nashville

3. St. Louis

Wildcard:

1. Chicago

2. Minnesota

Metropolitan:

1. Washington

2. Pittsburgh

3. NY Rangers

Atlantic:

1. Tampa

2. Florida

3. Buffalo

Wildcard:

1. Carolina

2. Philadelphia

Cup Final:

Dallas over Tampa

I have Carolina as my surprise playoff team. 

Other than that, it's the usual suspects:

1. Anaheim

2. LA

3. San Jose

1. Nashville

2. Dallas

3. Chicago

1. St. Louis

2. Minnesota

------------------

1. Caps

2. Penguins

3. Islanders

1. Tampa Bay

2. Montreal

3. Florida

1. Rangers

2. Carolina

Tampa Bay over Anaheim for the cup.

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Canucks surprise everyone like they did in 1994, beat the Flames in the first round but this time they go on to win their first Stanley cup!

I'm out of plus things, but you are bloody well right.  Where is the parade?

I'm curious to why people think LA is so strong still.   Gaborik is older and injured.  Lucic is gone, no major signings.  Sutters shelf live probably closing in at an end.  Rest of the division improved.

I can easily see them, at minimum, winning 5 less games this year, 92 points probably puts them on the outs this year.

Pacific:

1. San Jose

2. LA

3. Anaheim

Central:

1. Dallas

2. Nashville

3. Chicago

Wildcard:

1. St Louis

2. Winnipeg

Metropolitan:

1. Washington

2. Pittsburgh

3. Islanders

Atlantic:

1. Tampa

2. Florida

3. Montreal

Wildcard:

1. Philly

2. Rag's

Cup Final:

Tampa over San Jose

edit: nice format @Master Mind

I think Hall's gonna spark New Jersey's offense, and Schneider will continue to develop into a top goaltender, so they'll make it this year IMO. 

Pacific:

1: San Jose

2: Vancouver

3: Edmonton

Central:

1: Nashville

2: Dallas

3: St. Louis

Wild cards: Chicago and Winnipeg

Atlantic:

1: Tampa

2: Florida

3: Montreal

Metro:

1: Pittsburgh

2: Washington

3: NY Rangers

Wild card: New Jersey and Detroit

Cup Final: Pittsburgh over Nashville for the repeat. 

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'm curious to why people think LA is so strong still.   Gaborik is older and injured.  Lucic is gone, no major signings.  Sutters shelf live probably closing in at an end.  Rest of the division improved.

I can easily see them, at minimum, winning 5 less games this year, 92 points probably puts them on the outs this year.

Even when they get worse, it's tough to bet against them. I can definitely see them missing, with either us or the Flames taking their spot.

I'm curious about the Islanders though. They've been a team on the rise, but just lost Okposo, Nielson, and Martin, while only bringing in Ladd. They could struggle.

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Even when they get worse, it's tough to bet against them. I can definitely see them missing, with either us or the Flames taking their spot.

I wouldn't put money on the kings and the Flames haven't really upgraded at all either.  They've down graded on goals leaving (colborne, Hudler, Jones) verse goals coming in (brouwer, Chaisson, Tkachuk?),  They've down graded on D (bye Russell, hello jokipaka), the only position they've updated is goal tending.and I'm not close to being sold on Elliot.

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'm curious about the Islanders though. They've been a team on the rise, but just lost Okposo, Nielson, and Martin, while only bringing in Ladd. They could struggle.

Yeah they really good,  depends which strome they get,  2014-15 (50 point) strome or 2015-16 (28 point) strome.  Also they are kind of hoping Barzal can jump into the NHL as a #2/#3 center depends how he can handle it.

20 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I wouldn't put money on the kings and the Flames haven't really upgraded at all either.  They've down graded on goals leaving (colborne, Hudler, Jones) verse goals coming in (brouwer, Chaisson, Tkachuk?),  They've down graded on D (bye Russell, hello jokipaka), the only position they've updated is goal tending.and I'm not close to being sold on Elliot.

Yeah they really good,  depends which strome they get,  2014-15 (50 point) strome or 2015-16 (28 point) strome.  Also they are kind of hoping Barzal can jump into the NHL as a #2/#3 center depends how he can handle it.

Flames could replace the lost offence by improvements from their young guys like Bennett. They also don't have Hartley any more, so they could be better. LA is the favourite to finish 3rd I'd say. Would be beautiful if Canucks took their place and got to face Kesler, Bieksa, and the Ducks in round 1.

They would need Strome to regain his 50 point form, and for Barzal to have a great season for them to make it. Even then, they lose a lot of the intangibles Nielson brought. I think his loss will be bigger than expected.

21 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Only thing I can say is the canadians seem to have made better changes then years past and should be the best Canadian team.I think us,calgary is johnny signs and the oil if goaltending is good should all be fighting for the final 2 spots!!

Montreal seems to have internal problems though, as evidence by the Subban trade. A healthy Price can get them back to the playoffs, but I think there's too much chaos in that locker room for them to be a threat to anyone.

Oilers will need big seasons out of Klefbom and Nurse for their defence to be good enough to make it. Hopefully it takes them another year or two before that happens.

23 hours ago, Pears said:

I think Hall's gonna spark New Jersey's offense, and Schneider will continue to develop into a top goaltender, so they'll make it this year IMO. 

Funny how New Jersey's biggest weakness if their defence now. If they can get by with who they have, they should certainly be battling for a spot. Coin flip between them and Carolina I think.

On 10/7/2016 at 0:11 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I have Carolina as my surprise playoff team. 

Other than that, it's the usual suspects:

1. Anaheim

2. LA

3. San Jose

1. Nashville

2. Dallas

3. Chicago

1. St. Louis

2. Minnesota

------------------

1. Caps

2. Penguins

3. Islanders

1. Tampa Bay

2. Montreal

3. Florida

1. Rangers

2. Carolina

Tampa Bay over Anaheim for the cup.

Carolina was surprisingly good last year. After the upgrades they've made, and a step forward from their young players, I don't think it would be a surprise for them to make it.

I have Buffalo making it, that's my surprise team :lol:

On 10/7/2016 at 10:23 AM, Jam126 said:

Atlantic is pretty wide open.

After Florida and Tampa that is. 3rd place could go to almost anyone (just not the Leafs haha).

I imagine 5 Metro teams make it, with the 6th team possibly being better than whoever grabs 3rd in the Atlantic.

Archived