The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oct. 8th - Canucks @ Oilers 6pm PDT

ftmN

Where: Rogers Place When: 6pm PDT Network: SN360

Well its that time of the year folks, the time where final roster cuts will be made. These cuts may come down to a single performance during the final preseason game tonight!

Many questions will be answered: Will Skille/Ruutu be offered a contract? What does Stecher need to do tonight to prove he belongs in the NHL? Does Biega stay for Vegas exposure? Who gets waived?

Probably the most important to posters here will relate to the local boy with the magnificent mustache, Jake Virtanen.

What kind of performance does he need to have to stay with the big club? Will he make the team or be sent down to Utica for a callup later in the season?

article_6acc1e1b-341c-4260-a4fe-ae823e2290d0.gif

Capture.JPG

TBC Projected lineup (based on lines at training):

Canucks:

Daniel - Henrik - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson

Gaunce - Ruutu - Etem

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Biega

Sbisa - Larsen

Markstrom

Bachman

Coilers:

10-05-oilersband.jpg?crop=1px,0px,1311px

1297747537665_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

!!GO Canucks GO!!

Canucks win 4-2

Virtanen

Baertschi

Bo

Granlund

15 minutes ago, ftmN said:

Where: Rogers Place When: 6pm PDT Network: SN360

Well its that time of the year folks, the time where final roster cuts will be made. These cuts may come down to a single performance during the final preseason game tonight!

Many questions will be answered: Will Skille/Ruutu be offered a contract? What does Stecher need to do tonight to prove he belongs in the NHL? Does Biega stay for Vegas exposure? Who gets waived?

Probably the most important to posters here will relate to the local boy with the magnificent mustache, Jake Virtanen.

What kind of performance does he need to have to stay with the big club? Will he make the team or be sent down to Utica for a callup later in the season?

article_6acc1e1b-341c-4260-a4fe-ae823e2290d0.gif

Capture.JPG

TBC Projected lineup (based on lines at training):

Canucks:

Daniel - Henrik - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson

Ruutu - Gaunce - Etem

(assuming Skille will sub somewhere)

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Biega

Markstrom

Bachman

Coilers:

10-05-oilersband.jpg?crop=1px,0px,1311px

1297747537665_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

!!GO Canucks GO!!

Canucks win 4-2

Virtanen

Baertschi

Bo

Granlund

I think Virt stays He has looked good in his 2 games. Etem unless he goes balistic has to be sent down no? I hope Ruttu gets a contract. should be a fun game to watch 

15 minutes ago, LOL_dre said:

he wasn't 100% at the start of camp and he aggravated his knee injury

15 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Sounds like the back to backs aggravated his injury.  I heard there is some swellling and as a result he is being rested.  Says he only feels about 80% at this point.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Damn!  Thanks for the info...

Gah, Virtanen's wispy teen boy mustache makes me gag. 

I like Etem as a person but I think tonight will be the final nail in the coffin and he'll be waived. Prove me wrong, Emerson!

I think they were planning to send Jake to the A anyway,  and expect it'll happen even if he does play lights out.

I like the PTO guys and prefer Skille, but can see Ruutu getting the nod for center depth (our other Finn can play center but can't win faceoffs so he'll likely be relegated to wing).

I really want Stecher to put the squeeze on management to stay! It's Larsen's spot to lose.

Canucks win 4-2; Go, Canucks, go! :towel:

i've liked rodin and granlund games together. they looked like they had played together before. i was impressed by ruuttu. i won't be too disappointed if stecher and virtanen get sent down. playing big minutes in uttica could help their game more than guarded minutes on the canucks.  they will both be a big part of the team for years to come..

i'm hoping that gaunce makes the big club. he looks much improved this year.  it will be a rough year but the future is looking a lot rosier. where is burrows with his game.. i saw one game, his penalty killing was good.

4 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Gah, Virtanen's wispy teen boy mustache makes me gag. 

I like Etem as a person but I think tonight will be the final nail in the coffin and he'll be waived. Prove me wrong, Emerson!

I think they were planning to send Jake to the A anyway,  and expect it'll happen even if he does play lights out.

I like the PTO guys and prefer Skille, but can see Ruutu getting the nod for center depth (our other Finn can play center but can't win faceoffs so he'll likely be relegated to wing).

I really want Stecher to put the squeeze on management to stay! It's Larsen's spot to lose.

Canucks win 4-2; Go, Canucks, go! :towel:

You're a realist. 

I like that

Archived