The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 WJHC Pool - Group A

Tigs

48 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Leaderboard/individual teams updated (link in OP). I intend to have it done by 10-11 PM each night. 

Also, if I've missed anything just let me know. 

Sandstrom scored a goal, so if you could just add 10 points, that would be great bb

Current Standings (Groups A + B):

1. Baer - 20 Points

2. Squeak - 14 Points

3. Spoderman - 12 Points

4. Tigs - 12 Points

5. canucklax - 11 Points

6. CaptainCanuck001 - 11 Points

7. Patrick Kane - 10 Points

8. MikeyBoy44 - 10 Points

9. Reggie Bush - 10 Points

10. Tanev - 9 Points

11. Art Vandelay - 9 Points

12. Time Lord - 9 Points

13. thejazz97 - 8 Points

14. Go Faulk Yourself - 8 Points 

15. TheRussianRocket. - 8 Points

16. HowYaDrouin - 7 Points

17. Jaku - 7 Points

18. Master Mind - 6 Points

19. Vrienzy - 5 Points

20. Beary Sweet - 4 Points

A reminder that the top 10 GM's will automatically be placed in Group A next year in the invite only group. Obviously there is still a lot of hockey to be played but just thought I would give you guys the overall picture. 

If there is a tie at the end of the tournament the tie-breaker will be based on points per game. The GM with the better PPG will place ahead of the GM with a lesser PPG. (I have not taken this into account for the above standings.)

19 hours ago, Tigs said:

Current Standings (Groups A + B):

1. Baer - 20 Points

2. Squeak - 14 Points

3. Spoderman - 12 Points

4. Tigs - 12 Points

5. canucklax - 11 Points

6. CaptainCanuck001 - 11 Points

7. Patrick Kane - 10 Points

8. MikeyBoy44 - 10 Points

9. Reggie Bush - 10 Points

10. Tanev - 9 Points

11. Art Vandelay - 9 Points

12. Time Lord - 9 Points

13. thejazz97 - 8 Points

14. Go Faulk Yourself - 8 Points 

15. TheRussianRocket. - 8 Points

16. HowYaDrouin - 7 Points

17. Jaku - 7 Points

18. Master Mind - 6 Points

19. Vrienzy - 5 Points

20. Beary Sweet - 4 Points

A reminder that the top 10 GM's will automatically be placed in Group A next year in the invite only group. Obviously there is still a lot of hockey to be played but just thought I would give you guys the overall picture. 

If there is a tie at the end of the tournament the tie-breaker will be based on points per game. The GM with the better PPG will place ahead of the GM with a lesser PPG. (I have not taken this into account for the above standings.)

Doesn't combining the groups defeat the purpose of having both? What is the benefit of being in Group A if you have to compete with both Group A and B?

I was under the impression the Group B winner took Group A's last place in the following year. Similar to how WJHC teams make it.

10 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Doesn't combining the groups defeat the purpose of having both? What is the benefit of being in Group A if you have to compete with both Group A and B?

I was under the impression the Group B winner took Group A's last place in the following year. Similar to how WJHC teams make it.

I am only doing this for the first year as no rankings have been determined. Next year  the top 10 GM's will be in Group A, the lowest GM of Group A will be relegated and the top GM of Group B will be promoted. 

You are correct in your thinking, but I decided to do it this way in order to give all GM's a fair chance at being on Group A next year.

32 minutes ago, Tigs said:

I am only doing this for the first year as no rankings have been determined. Next year  the top 10 GM's will be in Group A, the lowest GM of Group A will be relegated and the top GM of Group B will be promoted. 

You are correct in your thinking, but I decided to do it this way in order to give all GM's a fair chance at being on Group A next year.

Gotcha. Looks like picking Juolevi so early will really hurt me...

Official Standings:

1. @Baer. (39)
2. @Tigs (37)
3. @MikeyBoy44 (36)
4. @CaptainCanuck001 (33)
5. @Art Vandelay (31)
6. @Spoderman (31)
7. @Time Lord (30)
8. @Squeak (28)
9. @canucklax (28)
10. @ReggieBush (26 - 0.70 PPG)

11. @Tanev (26 - 0.65 PPG)
12. @Jaku (25)
13. @TheRussianRocket. (25)
14. @Go Faulk Yourself (25)
15. @Vrienzy (24)
16. @Patrick Kane (23)
17. @thejazz97 (20)
18. @HowYaDrouin (20)
19. @Master Mind (20)
20. @Beary Sweet (14)

Thanks everyone for participating! Congratulations to the top 10 GM's overall. All 10 of you will be in the invite only pool group (Group A) next year. For those of you that didn't make it, I will look forward to seeing you when I open up the first come first served group (Group B). 

Thanks again everyone, it's been a blast and I couldn't have done without everyone's participation. A special thanks to @Spoderman for helping me with the draft and many other behind the scene things. 

Archived