The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

YouTube Thread 2.0

Armada

On 11/19/2015, 12:58:28, Heretic said:

Great video on Travis Hamonic and dealing with his father's death.

I can see why the Isles don't wanna let him go. What a character guy.

I'd take him on the Canucks in a second. Sometimes there's bold moves that become available that can change a team in a big way. I hope Benning is willing to make these moves.

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I can see why the Isles don't wanna let him go. What a character guy.

I'd take him on the Canucks in a second. Sometimes there's bold moves that become available that can change a team in a big way. I hope Benning is willing to make these moves.

I don't know.. You're putting a lot of trust in a guy who pushed for Tyler Seguin to be traded before he broke out into a top 5, dominant center in this league.. Don't have a lot of faith in ol' Trader Jim... especially a guy who extends a player like Sbisa for wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much

2 minutes ago, slickjim23 said:

I don't know.. You're putting a lot of trust in a guy who pushed for Tyler Seguin to be traded before he broke out into a top 5, dominant center in this league.. Don't have a lot of faith in ol' Trader Jim... especially a guy who extends a player like Sbisa for wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much

He may have pushed to trade him, we'll never know how much hand he had in choosing the pieces that were targeted though. He can hardly take the entire blame for that one.

At the same time some of Bennings trades that were immediately called horrible are starting to not look so bad now. I'm not worried about giving up pieces if they're not going to be good enough for a championship team. I'd rather get players we want than keep a bunch of average talent that gets us nowhere.