The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Today Prediction Poll

Adarsh Sant

USA Today Prediction   

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

USA Today predicted that the Canucks would get 65 points this season.  We are currently on pace for 73-74 points (technically 73.5).  How many points do you think we will actually get?  Take into account the possibility of injuries, trades, and the debut of Anton Rodin.

Thoughts?

I have no idea. We play like a team that could be in the hunt but we don't seem to win like one. There are a few exceptions but for the most part we haven't been manhandled like a Buffalo or Eakins Oiler 65 point team. So I voted I have no idea. A 65 point team doesn't give teams a whole lot of trouble. 

One night this team looks like a playoff team, the next they look like they forgot how to play hockey until with about 10 minutes left they start actually playing when they are down by 2 or 3. Honestly can't really say what we are even almost halfway into the season.

4 hours ago, Jam126 said:

One night this team looks like a playoff team, the next they look like they forgot how to play hockey until with about 10 minutes left they start actually playing when they are down by 2 or 3. Honestly can't really say what we are even almost halfway into the season.

The positive aspect is, we have shown this year that we can skate and play with top teams, even take it to them at times.  The ability is there, but other things are not yet -- consistency, experience, fortitude, etc.  That's why we're keeping those few vets around, to hopefully instill that into the yutes, especially with our best ones yet to come.  Hopefully the Sutters, Tanevs, and Horvats are going to take that leadership mantle and we can then let the 30+ers go in the near future.  I think we can see it developing, just have to be patient.

6 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Since the loser point was invoked I believe the lowest points any team ever got was 69 so for the Canucks to finish 6% worse is absurd and an ignorant prediction you'd expect from stupid Americans. I predict 84 points.

You're not even close...nearly 20 times since the "loser point" came about a team has finished with less than 69 points. Buffalo with 52 and 54 points in consecutive years is the low water mark recently.

52 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

You're not even close...nearly 20 times since the "loser point" came about a team has finished with less than 69 points. Buffalo with 52 and 54 points in consecutive years is the low water mark recently.

Boy was i drunk.

16 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

USA Today predicted that the Canucks would get 65 points this season.  We are currently on pace for 73-74 points (technically 73.5).  How many points do you think we will actually get?  Take into account the possibility of injuries, trades, and the debut of Anton Rodin.

Thoughts?

I was actually very optimistic about the signings we made and the return of Sutter.  I predicted we would finish 2nd in the Pacific division and win a round of the post season.  It looks like my view was a little too rosey and optimistic.  Seen a lot of promise and that prediction was before Stecher went down. Maybe with Rodin returning and our pair coming back we can actually reach the post season.  

Archived