The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Col

To Colorado

Tanev (Great defensive defenseman on a team who needs one)

Sutter  (Replaces O'Reilly's defensive play, great help for Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle)

To Vancouver

Barrie (Offers the offense our blue line needs)

Grigorenko (6'3 209lbs center. Floor as a 3rd liner, still has potential. Also puts another Russian in the dressing room so Tryamkin isn't alone.)

I realize this may be an overpayment on the Canucks part, but I think thats the only way the Aves give up Barrie. Both teams are switching right handed defenseman. The younger Barrie and Grigorenko will help the Canucks build for the future, while Sutter and Tanev provide a skilled veteran presence for the Ave's young forwards. 

39 minutes ago, Blazer8717 said:

To Colorado

Tanev (Great defensive defenseman on a team who needs one)

Sutter  (Replaces O'Reilly's defensive play, great help for Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle)

To Vancouver

Barrie (Offers the offense our blue line needs)

Grigorenko (6'3 209lbs center. Floor as a 3rd liner, still has potential. Also puts another Russian in the dressing room so Tryamkin isn't alone.)

I realize this may be an overpayment on the Canucks part, but I think thats the only way the Aves give up Barrie. Both teams are switching right handed defenseman. The younger Barrie and Grigorenko will help the Canucks build for the future, while Sutter and Tanev provide a skilled veteran presence for the Ave's young forwards. 

We don't need Barrie. We have Stetcher and Hutton now with Juolevi on the way. 

Give me Landeskog or Duchene for Tanev 

Yeah, that's an overpayment, and with Stecher we don't have room for another smaller right side D. Barrie might be an upgrade (and more expensive to boot) but it doesn't make sense for us with Stecher and Hutton already filling a role and Juolevi coming in as potentially more offence.

Duchene please.  Need that young #1 center as a priority for the future of the team (people say Horvat but nothing wrong with adding another elite scorer to control the middle of the ice).

As others have said, Barrie is good but we're good with the offensive D-men.  I'd take Duchene and 3rd for Tanev and Sutter thanks.

1 hour ago, Knucks16 said:

Il take Duchene or Landeskog aswell Jost for Tanev aswell gaunce plus or Columbus second!  Far fetched though!  But Duchene or laddy with Jost would be a dream come true lol!

Duchene is a career MINUS player.  Sure he gets points, but is he a number one centre you can win a Cup with?  

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Duchene is a career MINUS player.  Sure he gets points, but is he a number one centre you can win a Cup with?  

+/- is a worthless stat to judge a player on when he has played on a terrible team for most of his career.

I wouldn't say its as much an overpayment as others seem to think. However I don't think we really need Barrie. I would 100% be interested in Grigorenko in a Edler deal  though the Avs top 4 is set on the right so I don't see Tanev as a fit but Edler would slide in nicely next to Barrie or Johnson and instantly make their D look respectable.

I doubt Sleepy Eagle would waive to go there unless we threatened to expose him to Vegas though.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Honestly I'd like to get laddy over Duchene! And if I were to do some trades this offseason;) it be something like this.

1. Van- Tanev + Baerschi + Gaunce +      

Brisebois + Columbus 2nd + 3rd   

For

Col- Landeskog + Jost + Barrie

2. Van- Gudbranson + Granlund   

For

Tbl- Druin 

3. Van- Sbsia + Hansen + 4th        

Buf- Kane + 3rd

4. Trade Burrows to a contender for draft pick + cap dump, then Trade miller to a contender for either a prospect or pick for another cap dump! Then get rid of Dorsett put him on waivers or trade for any pick we can get out of him lol:) that should open up some cap room imo! Reslistically we don't even have to do all of these trades lol! Just a few of them for sure! We need to rebuild/retool ASAP! Just some ideas more then anything;)

1. Landeskog Horvat Kane

2. Sedin Sedin Rodin

3. Druin Sutter  Eriksson

4. Boeser Jost Virtanen

1. Barrie Joulevi

2. Edler Hutton

3. Trymkin Subban/ Stetcher

1. Markstrom

2. Demko

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

I wouldn't say its as much an overpayment as others seem to think. However I don't think we really need Barrie. I would 100% be interested in Grigorenko in a Edler deal  though the Avs top 4 is set on the right so I don't see Tanev as a fit but Edler would slide in nicely next to Barrie or Johnson and instantly make their D look respectable.

I doubt Sleepy Eagle would waive to go there unless we threatened to expose him to Vegas though.

You missed a few double spaces

15 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

Honestly I'd like to get laddy over Duchene! And if I were to do some trades this offseason;) it be something like this.

For

For

Tbl- Druin 

Buf- Kane + 3rd

4. Trade Burrows to a contender for draft pick + cap dump, then Trade miller to a contender for either a prospect or pick for another cap dump! Then get rid of Dorsett put him on waivers or trade for any pick we can get out of him lol:) that should open up some cap room imo! Reslistically we don't even have to do all of these trades lol! Just a few of them for sure! We need to rebuild/retool ASAP! Just some ideas more then anything;)

1. Landeskog Horvat Kane

2. Sedin Sedin Rodin

4. Boeser Jost Virtanen

1. Barrie Joulevi

2. Edler Hutton

1. Markstrom

2. Demko

Can you phone JB and get him to get off his arse and make this happen!!!!!!  At least we'd be fun to watch.

On December 22, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Knucks16 said:

For

For

Tbl- Druin 

Buf- Kane + 3rd

1. Landeskog Horvat Kane

2. Sedin Sedin Rodin

4. Boeser Jost Virtanen

1. Barrie Joulevi

2. Edler Hutton

1. Markstrom

2. Demko

1. Quantity for quality - Abs say no thanks as they don't need downgrades at every position and picks for their best players.

2. Yzerman laughs and hangs up the phone.

3. We get raped in that trade.

Other teams have actual needs too and also know how to value their own players accordingly. The guys you want to trade for are the future direction the NHL is going. The ones you want to trade are not.

Awesome idea in NHL 17. Real life, not so much

On December 23, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Alflives said:

Tanev is pretty darned good.  Would it be a mistake to move him?

Tanev is injury prone and plays 65% of games. Only the analytics geeks in Arizona or Florida would value him the way you do. And even they wouldn't trade a young star top 6 forward for him.

He is more valuable to the Canucks than to pretty much any other team. He would not be a top 2 guy on very many teams.

11 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Tanev is injury prone and plays 65% of games. Only the analytics geeks in Arizona or Florida would value him the way you do. And even they wouldn't trade a young star top 6 forward for him.

He is more valuable to the Canucks than to pretty much any other team. He would not be a top 2 guy on very many teams.

I can see JB moving one of Tanev or Sbisa for draft picks.  Toronto has two seconds in the coming draft: Tanev or Sbisa for those two seconds?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I can see JB moving one of Tanev or Sbisa for draft picks.  Toronto has two seconds in the coming draft: Tanev or Sbisa for those two seconds?

I doubt he would do that and I doubt it would help us. We definitely need a more current asset for either of those guys, even a guy close to being NHL ready. 

Archived