The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Eriksson

dpn1

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Agreed on Hansen.  What is a concern is Hansen  ould get moved because he can be while we hang onto Eriksson.  Also, the bargain Hansen is now could be wasted if JB "reward" him with a big pay day when his current deal expires and he is on the downhill side of his career.  Asset management does not appear to be JBs strongest skill.

There appear to be a lot of aspects of the GM that JB has some difficulty with.

45 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Lol beer almost out the nose when I read this. Seriously though Vegas might take him.  Probably not and it would perhaps cause upset...Not to mention 29 other teams praying that Vegas takes on one of their bad contracts.

Bit early to start drinking beer bro? ... haha.  But I guess it's about right since there are NFL games on.  Thu

I was at the game on Thu and one Jets player just put a peewee move on him to keep possession of the puck, he slid it between his legs ... for some reason, he looks really unmotivated out there.   

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Eriksson is only as good as the players he is playing with and his linemates are not exactly the best passers.. This guy is supposed to be the king of garbage goals and in order to get those goals, his line mates need to get the puck to the front of the net. The line is not doing that so he can't get the garbage.

I Call B.S.,  Players making 6 Mil + are paid to drive the play, not just cash their paycheque.

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Loui is not a crap player. But he's on Willie's island of misfit toys, and is not being used properly. I can't blame the tool if the carpenter is a hack. 

Yeah, You're answer to everything, blame the coach. It's not the players, always the coach. right.

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

I Call B.S.,  Players making 6 Mil + are paid to drive the play, not just cash their paycheque.

We have three players taking up 20 million in Cap space who should not be on a rebuilding team.  Two are HHOF players who's contracts come up soon, so okay.  No way should a rebuilding team have signed Errikson.  

7 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Why would anyone in the league want a declining 2nd line player on the 1st year of a 6 year $36M deal.  

A team would have truly inept management to think that was a good idea... ugh.

Well, we did it. So there must be hope. 

9 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

I'm sure he'd waive to go to a contender, or back to Boston.

I'm sure a team would take him if we ate some of the salary, which shouldn't be a big deal.  Rebuilding teams shouldn't be tight for cap room.

Did I give you your 666th rep?

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I warm up to the signing more and more each day with every goldfish-minded, panicky, small sample, redundant blowhard post from the typical gaggle of CDC noise makers.

He was brought in to specifically and exclusively play with the twins. 

The transition from International play to (smaller ice?) in the NHL, hasn't translated. Not even close.

Since we don't have even a modicum of offensive depth, there really isn't anyone else he can play with. Despite that, the team has tried, but he hasn't formed any chemistry with anyone. 

Yes, almost half a season is plenty of a "sample size". He's 31, not 21, and same for the Sedins. It doesn't take long to form chemistry with people with that much experience, if it's there...... and it's not.

Hence: signing is a failure. 

50 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

The problem is he was signed to bag goals in front of the net getting sweet dishes from the Sedins.

We all (myself included) thought that since they'd played well together Internationally, that this was gonna be a given.

Benning thought so as well obviously. He gambled, and lost. 

21 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I warm up to the signing more and more each day with every goldfish-minded, panicky, small sample, redundant blowhard post from the typical gaggle of CDC noise makers.

If anyone should be panicking it's the homers who worshipped this signing. 

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

The problem is he was signed to bag goals in front of the net getting sweet dishes from the Sedins.

We all (myself included) thought that since they'd played well together Internationally, that this was gonna be a given.

Benning thought so as well obviously. He gambled, and lost. 

Is it unheard of to see a +30 player completely fall on his face after signing a lucrative deal? 

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Is it unheard of to see a +30 player completely fall on his face after signing a lucrative deal? 

It's not impossible.

I get the argument that a player making that much money should be "towing the line" so to speak, but he was brought here under some very specific circumstances.

You HAVE to have some chemistry with guys you're playing with. Chemistry can't be manufactured or purchased. It's there or it's not. 
Like I said, I was pretty optimistic when he was signed just based on the fact he had experience playing with the twins. It simply hasn't worked, and he's not really forming anything with anyone else either.
Sucks to say it but, it doesn't look good. The wild card might be Rodin? 

11 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

He was brought in to specifically and exclusively play with the twins. 

The transition from International play to (smaller ice?) in the NHL, hasn't translated. Not even close.

Since we don't have even a modicum of offensive depth, there really isn't anyone else he can play with. Despite that, the team has tried, but he hasn't formed any chemistry with anyone. 

Yes, almost half a season is plenty of a "sample size". He's 31, not 21, and same for the Sedins. It doesn't take long to form chemistry with people with that much experience, if it's there...... and it's not

Hence: signing is a failure. 

I think the first assumption isn't all that accurate.

Second, he's not transitioning from international ice - the guy has over 500 NHL points.

Third - it's not just a matter of "chemistry" imo  - as long as the team is icing the NHL's youngest blueline and one that doesn't drive a lot of play or produce from the point, I don't see the forwards having as much space as they need - it's not surprising that they're all struggling to an extent.

But hey, this is what happens when you ice a bunch of rookies and sophomores - that's what people wanted, and the injuries have only heightened their desire for a high pick.

Loui likes to feed in the hard areas in front of the net and the rebounds and dirty goals aren't really there to be had at this point.  Imo that has a lot to do with the fact our young blueline is treading water and in over their head.  The forward group with the exception of about 4 players is likewise young and spotty - I'm not about to write off Eriksson as a dead duck under those circumstances.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think the first assumption isn't all that accurate.

Second, he's not transitioning from international ice - the guy has over 500 NHL points.

Third - it's not just a matter of "chemistry" imo  - as long as the team is icing the NHL's youngest blueline and one that doesn't drive a lot of play or produce from the point, I don't see the forwards having as much space as they need - it's not surprising that they're all struggling to an extent.

But hey, this is what happens when you ice a bunch of rookies and sophomores - that's what people wanted, and the injuries have only heightened their desire for a high pick.

Loui likes to feed in the hard areas in front of the net and the rebounds and dirty goals aren't really there to be had at this point.  Imo that has a lot to do with the fact our young blueline is treading water and in over their head.  The forward group with the exception of about 4 players is likewise young and spotty - I'm not about to write off Eriksson as a dead duck under those circumstances.

So why bring him in!? Are the above conditions such a huge shocker to our mgmt team?

7 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

It's not impossible.

I get the argument that a player making that much money should be "towing the line" so to speak, but he was brought here under some very specific circumstances.

You HAVE to have some chemistry with guys you're playing with. Chemistry can't be manufactured or purchased. It's there or it's not. 
Like I said, I was pretty optimistic when he was signed just based on the fact he had experience playing with the twins. It simply hasn't worked, and he's not really forming anything with anyone else either.
Sucks to say it but, it doesn't look good. The wild card might be Rodin? 

Rodin is a 26 year old Swedish rookie winger built like Ellen Degeneres coming off a major injury. I'm not going to get my hopes up. 

47 minutes ago, oldnews said:

This deserves no more than:

"whatever" oldnews.

i warm up to the signing even more when I see the homer apologists and excuse makers.

Archived