The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Eriksson

dpn1

Just now, oldnews said:

on the other hand, I think there's a pathetic and self-defining need for whipping boys in this market.

Tough to knock Pizza when he's playing well so some other lightning rod is needed (not that Eriksson is doing himself any favors - stick him with the Twins for a longer period of time & see what happens).

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

yeah, it's fair to rip his bad start.

on the other hand, I think there's a pathetic and self-defining need for whipping boys in this market.

I think his production is pathetic. At some point the money I put into this team over the past 25 years ends up in his True Religion jeans. I want my money back. 

Just now, LaBamba said:

I think his production is pathetic. At some point the money I put into this team over the past 25 years ends up in his True Religion jeans. I want my money back. 

heh, I sunk money in the team for the past FORTY years....it's a "sunk cost" at this point for me.

15 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I agree. He's here now and they have to do the best they can with him in the lineup. Just not sure what or where or with whom that is, because half the season is done and he hasn't really gelled significantly with anyone.

It should be critical. I alluded to this in another post. As fans, it's our job to put the hammer down and let management know that we aren't Toronto and we're not going to be spending thou$ands of dollars on a losing team - because in the end that just means that ownership will be more complacent and the problem will take longer to fix.

Look how long Toronto sucked for. Why? Because their fans pride themselves on "sticking with it thick or thin" .... Blind support of a bad team = your team is going to suck for way longer than it should.

It's a NA'n philosophy..we want to assume/infer one can effect change, "It's all UP TO U! Blah, blah, yeah..."

So Yankees fans do things right & Cubbies-backers are hopeless schmoes? It's the narrative we're led to believe. Blame & guilt are perhaps simpler than necc, detailed analysis.

Correlation not causation, & all that jazz. The media successfully inculcates this thought-process(loser-team, fans, town, etc...), with an elaborate, subliminal troll-fest.. but sorry, it all amounts to MSM-gibberish, nowadays. Ain't buying that.

I've followed this team since the 70's, but I haven't contributed a dime since the last Millenium. If you disagree with something, I say withold your dime, but ALWAYS give yer 2 cents! (FWIW!)   :^) 

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

heh, I sunk money in the team for the past FORTY years....it's a "sunk cost" at this point for me.

It's stupid. You invest in a team for multiple decades. Wash the fricken sting of cayanne pepper from your eyes at the end of every God damn year. Then you get a bunch of flack for b!tching about a piece of crap floating around the ice with his mouth wide open blowing 6m a year. In the mean time I freeze my a$$ off in god forsaken Alberta working in a depressed oil patch that sees me jobless if I make a single accounting error.

thats the life of a troll I guess. 

Just now, LaBamba said:

It's stupid. You invest in a team for multiple decades. Wash the fricken sting of cayanne pepper from your eyes at the end of every God damn year. Then you get a bunch of flack for b!tching about a piece of crap floating around the ice with his mouth wide open blowing 6m a year. In the mean time I freeze my a$$ off in god forsaken Alberta working in a depressed oil patch that sees me jobless if I make a single accounting error.

thats the life life of a troll I guess. 

This is how the team is going to reward me for all these decades of loyality.....they'll FINALLY win the Cup.

AFTER I'm long gone...

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Don't be to hard on urself. It's happy holiday time.  I think almost everybody on here is a Canuck fan and either spends a huge amount of time and/or money on this pass time. I always said I'd be happy with one cup b4 I die....... not sure it will come to be but I'm still hoping.::D

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I warm up to the signing more and more each day with every goldfish-minded, panicky, small sample, redundant blowhard post from the typical gaggle of CDC noise makers.

I see Santa brought you a Package filled with righteousness.  Merry Christmas ON. 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I'd be more worried about the time put into it and the shizz you give.

You haven't really 'invested' in anything though - you paid for some entertainment that was spent the minute it ends.

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'd be more worried about the time put into it and the shizz you give.

You haven't really 'invested' in anything though - you paid for some entertainment that was spent the minute it ends.

In theory there doesn't actually need to be people to generate revenue for the Canucks? They could play to an empty arena and TV audience and still make the money to pay for LE? Why are they worried about ticket sales? I guess they shouldn't worry. My mistake.  

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

In theory there doesn't actually need to be people to generate revenue for the Canucks? They could play to an empty arena and TV audience and still make the money to pay for LE? Why are they worried about ticket sales? I guess they shouldn't worry. My mistake.  

From the financial side, more concerned about Rev-sharing(especially if I were an owner). If your team turns a 20 mill profit, what % of that funds the empty barns in the sub-tropics?

US interests have made this league an absolute joke, compared to what it once meant.

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I am happy to spend money on a team that give full commitment / passion to each game.

That includes standing up for each other / finishing checks and driving to the net.

Right now we don't have a team that is committed to play hard all game  / every game.

That pisses me off as i see  amateur athletes putting forth more energy / commitment to their team , than many of our over paid vets on this club.

14 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Related image

Archived