The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

2 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Woh, I got a trader Joes near me!

Any other recipes you used it with or just basically a substitute for peanut butter/Nutella?

I like to use cookie butter for the times when I go into the kitchen and take a really big spoon and cram it into the jar and take a really big scoop out....

Oh yeah, and I also use it for apples.  Because, who eats apples plain?. 

• Haha 1
Just now, brilac said:

I like to use cookie butter for the times when I go into the kitchen and take a really big spoon and cram it into the jar and take a really big scoop out....

Oh yeah, and I also use it for apples.  Because, who eats apples plain?. 

Apples are much better in liquid form IMO…Hrmm apple and cookie butter milkshake :0

On 9/22/2022 at 10:25 PM, brilac said:

Mmmm.  Baked blueberry bread.  It tastes good! Just the right amount and the blueberries are organic.  I didn't really follow the recipe, doing with what I had for ingredients, but it turned out well.  I'm having a slice now.  It's about 270 calories per serving and the pan is 12 servings. 

7F66AE09-28F0-43CC-A6A0-7B6586AE34CA.thumb.jpeg.f6c3a29ec36e284f869fa0f471199d93.jpeg

That looks good!

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Had lemon pepper salmon and organic kale wrapped in two tortillas with ghost pepper cheese.  it was so good! I really like the lemon pepper salmon and I must go back to the grocery store and buy more!  Plus I need to go on a kombucha run.  Kombucha is $1.00 off at the grocery store and I have a 0.60$ off coupon for one. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, MattWN. said:

Also for you pancake makers..

NEVER PAT YOUR PANCAKES. DONT f**kING TOUCH IT. JUST WAIT. BE PATIENT.

I bake pancakes in a toaster oven.  Comes out quite nicely.  Pour the ingredients in a 8 x 8 pan, bake it for about 10 minutes at about 400 and - voila - you have a cake made of pancake.

I have a problematical relationship with traditional pancakes.  Whenever I try to fry them in a pan, they either burn, or don't cook right through, or fall apart.  Plus, the oil seems to cause a lot of smoke.  And if you don't use oil of some sort, they stick to the pan. 

Edited by UnkNuk
  • 1 month later...

And while I'm off-topic:

Oscar Mayer Is Changing the Name of the Wienermobile

https://www.foodandwine.com/oscar-mayer-wienermobile-name-change-frankmobile-7499287?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=newsletter

In 1936, Carl Mayer, the nephew of hot dog impresario Oscar Mayer, suggested that the company could promote its “German-style Wieners” by designing and developing a vehicle that was shaped like one of those now-iconic sausages. The more-famous Mayer agreed, and the first 13-foot, all-metal Wienermobile debuted in Chicago later that year.

The vehicle has gone through a number of changes, upgrades, and adaptations over the past 87 years (including a WienerCycle and WienerDrone), but one thing has remained constant. Ever since the giant drivable ‘dog had a name, it’s been referred to as “The Wienermobile”... until now.

Oscar Mayer announced today that it is changing the vehicle’s name for the first time ever, re-christening it as “The Frankmobile” in honor of its new-recipe all-beef franks. The company is deploying a fleet of six renamed Frankmobiles this week, and they’re now being piloted by “Frankfurters” instead of Hotdoggers.

• 1 month later...