The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Just now, J.R. said:

No I didn't. 

Yes you did.

On 2016-07-19 at 9:39 AM, J.R. said:

This is why I'm guessing we see Hansen with the twins, Eriksson on the 2nd line and Rodin with Granlund. 

We'll basically have a 1B line, 2A, 2B and 2C :lol:

And as far as I know, Burrows, Dorsett, Virtanen, Etem and Rodin can all play either wing. 

Edit: Eriksson too. 

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Read the first line of your post, man, that's exactly what is says.  Maybe it wasn't what you meant, but that's what it says.

No it really doesn't. Terrible reading comprehension. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

6 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Read the first line of your post, man, that's exactly what is says.  Maybe it wasn't what you meant, but that's what it says.

It reads Eriksson with Rodin and Granlund.  There, done. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It reads Eriksson with Rodin and Granlund.  There, done. 

Nope, it says Eriksson on the 2nd line and Rodin with Granlund. The two italicised statements are separate and not indicative of all one line. Now, if J.R. had swapped two words around to say Eriksson on the 2nd line with Rodin and Granlund, then you'd have a case.

11 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I read it just fine, J.R. Apparently you need to start using Oxford commas to better delineate the separate sections of your sentences. 

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

Nope, it says Eriksson on the 2nd line and Rodin with Granlund. The two italicised statements are separate and not indicative of all one line. Now, if J.R. had swapped two words around to say Eriksson on the 2nd line with Rodin and Granlund, then you'd have a case.

Ding, ding din!

Thank Gordie somebody has basic reading comprehension.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

It must be summer.  We need a trade or something. :lol:

On 7/19/2016 at 6:39 AM, J.R. said:

This is why I'm guessing we see Hansen with the twins, Eriksson on the 2nd line and Rodin with Granlund. 

On 7/19/2016 at 9:20 AM, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen

Baer, Sutter, Eriksson

Burr/Dorsett, Horvat, Etem/Virtanen

Dorsett/Burr, Granlund, Etem/Virtanen/Rodin

Just now, J.R. said:

There needs to be a comma prior to the and.  As a result, it does read Errikson with Rodin and Granlund.  And, in that circumstance, is not a conjunction, but rather an article in a list.  This is not about reading comprehension, but (conjunction) about proper grammar.

Now, as for Rodin, he plays either in the top six, or he's back in Europe.  

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There needs to be a comma prior to the and.  As a result, it does read Errikson with Rodin and Granlund.  And, in that circumstance, is not a conjunction, but rather an article in a list.  This is not about reading comprehension, but (conjunction) about proper grammar.

Nope, it still doesn't read the way you think it does. You're just reading it incorrectly. An Oxford comma (the comma prior to the 'and' in a list) is optional. While it may help clarify the order of a list, it doesn't change the meaning - particularly where there are no other 'and's in that list.

It's known as the Oxford comma because it was traditionally used by printers, readers, and editors at Oxford University Press.  Not all writers and publishers use it, but it can clarify the meaning of a sentence when the items in a list are not single words:

These items are available in black and white, red and yellow, and blue and green.

The Oxford comma is also known as the 'serial comma'.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/what-is-the-oxford-comma

So, if you look at a list and put a line break at each comma as well as the 'and' before the final statement you get this:

1. statement A (,)
  2. statement B (and)
  3. statement C

That works out to this:

1. Hansen with the twins (,)
  2. Eriksson on the 2nd line (and)
  3. Rodin with Granlund. 
Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

why-i-still-use-the-oxford-comma.jpg

• Upvote 2

Completely silly and obvious without the Oxford comma, but sure. If J.R. had been referring to Eriksson on the 2nd line and Rodin with Granlund as people he was talking to in that sentence then it still wouldn't have meant them all on one line together. I could see it needing more clarification though if J.R. had finished his list with 'Eriksson and Rodin with Granlund' but adding 'on the second line' should be enough to delineate those as separate statements (otherwise 'on the second line' should have come at the end to describe each of Eriksson, Rodin and Granlund).

Now the below is actually a case where you'd want to use it:

Oxford-Comma.jpg

In the first sentence, it's plainly a list. In the second, 'the strippers' becomes a descriptor for 'JFK' and 'Stalin' rather than a list.

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

It's not about who's a better player. It's about creating a four line team.

Eriksson with the twins basically gives us one offensive line. Easily shut down by opponents. 

The top line is going to be on the ice more often than any other line.

Load it up and put up some points.

One more big, scoring left winger and we have four lines that will not be easily shut down.

Crikey!  We've waited almost 20 years to see the Sedins play with a really good right wing.

Let's not break it up before we even see it!

I know, I know, not about Rodin, but, if, I, could, just, get, one, more, comma, in, it, would, be, allowed, under, the, Oxford, Comma,.

Really, I read through this whole thread hoping for the latest on Rodin.

Does anyone have any pictures, stories, anything about his current medical status, training schedule, even pictures of his girlfriend at the beach!

Where is Anton?

And, what is he up to?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

The top line is going to be on the ice more often than any other line.

Load it up and put up some points.

Not by a ton it won't. They've stated their plan is to roll 4 lines as often as possible. 

I say again. One offensive line = easily shut down.

15 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Not by a ton it won't. They've stated their plan is to roll 4 lines as often as possible. 

The other team must decide whether to put their top line out against the DHL EXPRESS or sit them and put out a checking line.

Then out comes their top line and they are met by, New LW - Sutter - Hansen.

When that switches up, Baer - Bo - Rodin/Virtanen/Etem

Et cetera with the 3rd and 4th line permutations.

That's rolling 4 lines and difficult to shut down.

(At least I got Anton Rodin's name in there.)

(Where are the twins?  Eriksson?  Rodin? Eddy? Marky?  - chillin' lakeside back in Sweden?)

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Behind the Twins > two way lines or situational lines?

I like

Danny - Hank - Loui  > Offensive

Sutter - Bo - Hansen  > Defensive

Baertschi - Granlund - Rodin > Offensive     Sub in Jake if he going, for Rodin

Etem - Gaunce - Jake or Burr or Dorsett > Banging defensive line.

or

Danny Hank Loui

Baer Sutter Hansen     two way line

Burrows Bo Rodin     two way line

Etem Gaunce Dorsett  mostly banging line?