The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christy Clark and BC Liberals Approve Kinder Morgan Project

DonLever

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Very hard to believe how misinformed most BC citizens are .  

B.C. Hydro’s Site C project is going to leave ratepayers a $7-billion bill for power that can’t be sold for what it costs to produce.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/opinion-site-c-truly-awful-economics

Harry Swain, a former federal deputy minister of Industry Canada and Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, has no current relationship with either the federal or provincial government, except as a taxpayer. The views in this article are his own and not those of the Joint Review Panel, which he chaired and which has been defunct for two years.

Very hard to believe how misinformed most BC citizens are .  

B.C. Hydro’s Site C project is going to leave ratepayers a $7-billion bill for power that can’t be sold for what it costs to produce.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/opinion-site-c-truly-awful-economics

Harry Swain, a former federal deputy minister of Industry Canada and Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, has no current relationship with either the federal or provincial government, except as a taxpayer. The views in this article are his own and not those of the Joint Review Panel, which he chaired and which has been defunct for two years.

So what's your proposal for green energy powerfor now and into the future.

On January 12, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Ryan Strome said:

Ya you and other lefties don't want refineries so our gas prices would stay the same and the Country would have less money.

And you and every other person that profits off of oil wants to keep it status quo even if it destroys the environment. It's predictable tbh

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Actually was referring to you as the one being misinformed .... LOL 

You support dirty oil and expensive mega project electricity production we don't even need in this province.

The media has lied to you and you fell for it. 

14 hours ago, iwtl said:

Arguing with your ilk is like argueing with Americans who belive Trump will get Mexico to pay for a wall - your so blindly buried in your parties ideology that you're no longer capable of arguing facts - As you simply stick to the party line , you miss out on actually debate.

You hit the nail on the head.  Just as you compared him to a trump supporter. ( and yes he is one of his loyalists) When I was in the trump thread all I could think was.. Geese sounds like a right wing Alberta rig worker lol.  Funny how ones personality and beliefs are so closely linked with geographical and job related influences.  

1 hour ago, TheOgRook said:

You hit the nail on the head.  Just as you compared him to a trump supporter. ( and yes he is one of his loyalists) When I was in the trump thread all I could think was.. Geese sounds like a right wing Alberta rig worker lol.  Funny how ones personality and beliefs are so closely linked with geographical and job related influences.  

When I think of you I think of a low wage earning B.Cer living off those who actually work hard. 

Christy caught telling Porkies yet again.  TOO FUNNY.....

http://www.cknw.com/2017/01/13/262629/

There are fresh concerns about the legitimacy of British Columbians getting first crack at construction jobs for the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion.  Tom Sigurdson, executive director with the BC and Yukon Territory Building Construction Trades Council, says they tried to engage with Kinder Morgan years ago, and things went quiet quickly.

More recently, they reached out again. “We’ve tried to engage but to this point we’re a little shocked at the lack of engagement. If Kinder Morgan hopes to have shovels in the ground by September of this year, I think we need to sit down and have a discussion about what the requirements are going to be.”

I would never  vote NDP or BC Liberal.

BC Liberals have ruined our province's economy by increasing our DEBT to such insane levels.  Basically the BC Liberals have ruined the long term economic health of BC due to huge DEBT owed.

BC Conservative Party is the logical step for our province moving forward. 

No, they haven't.

Google debt-gdp ratio. It might make you feel better. 

45 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

When I think of you I think of a low wage earning B.Cer living off those who actually work hard. 

Really this is what you come at me with bud?  Never once did I call you a rig pig did I?  And actually I am a business owner, pretty successful one at that.  I'm one of those who creates not one who is so lacking in skills I,have to move to a crap hole of a province to chase a buck.  You just keep proving your worth on here bud.  I'll keep doing me, being able to make the same kinda money one makes on the rigs, while living in the most beautiful place on earth

13 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Really this is what you come at me with bud?  Never once did I call you a rig pig did I?  And actually I am a business owner, pretty successful one at that.  I'm one of those who creates not one who is so lacking in skills I,have to move to a crap hole of a province to chase a buck.  You just keep proving your worth on here bud.  I'll keep doing me, being able to make the same kinda money one makes on the rigs, while living in the most beautiful place on earth

You know some of us are business owners in the oil industry right?? Guess you really show you know nothing about the patch. Oh and btw I spend half the year in the okanagan. I have a house in both Provinces. I guess your first assumption was right however this one was wrong. 

44 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I never said I was richer. He slammed Alberta and told me he was a thriving business owner in B.C. He made claims about me in a post for no reason.

Not sure if I should just block you, cause as always you attack and then claim to be the victim.  If you took offence to me being able to know what you did for a living and where you lived based on your political views, don't blame me.. I used the same process marketing companies use when sourcing a demographic.. that's not my fault.  I said nothing derogatory about you, however you tried to accuse me of living off of others hard work.  I can see why you like trump.  You use the same tactics when having a debate.  

1 hour ago, TheOgRook said:

Not sure if I should just block you, cause as always you attack and then claim to be the victim.  If you took offence to me being able to know what you did for a living and where you lived based on your political views, don't blame me.. I used the same process marketing companies use when sourcing a demographic.. that's not my fault.  I said nothing derogatory about you, however you tried to accuse me of living off of others hard work.  I can see why you like trump.  You use the same tactics when having a debate.  

Blah blah blah. Ya you should block then you can stop following me around. Go cry somewhere else about your girl losing. 

The one positive out of this is the fact that the new line will be made with newer and better materials and welding techniques. The old line has been in the ground since the 50's and what has been happening to those old lines is that they can't handle the stress load of ground movement over time.

The pipe was less "flexible" back then. But with changes in metallurgy and welding materials and practices they can make a pipeline that can handle way more stress load than the old lines of the 50's. Yes they will flow both lines at the same time, but this is also about getting ready to eventually phase out their old 50's line.

To me they are handling this the proper way. Kinder Morgan does not want a line break to happen at all. Once a line gets that age all you can do is dig up sections and replace what you can as it fails. This way they can decommission the line properly when the time comes and continue to flow through the new line.

There are lots of companies doing lots of shady things, but I do like how Kinder Morgan has engaged the public right from the get go and let them know of their intentions. It's the way it should be done. But a lot of big oil companies just use the "big stick" method and just beat you with it till you submit to their project. 

4 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

. There are lots of companies doing lots of shady things, but I do like how Kinder Morgan has engaged the public right from the get go and let them know of their intentions. It's the way it should be done. But a lot of big oil companies just use the "big stick" method and just beat you with it till you submit to their project. 

Too funny.  Look at Kinder Morgans record in the USA.    

Do you work for Kinder Morgan ? 

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You know some of us are business owners in the oil industry right?? Guess you really show you know nothing about the patch. Oh and btw I spend half the year in the okanagan. I have a house in both Provinces. I guess your first assumption was right however this one was wrong. 

I love how everyone in the oil and gas industry just works on the "rigs" lol. If you look at a hospital is everybody just "doctors"...? No, they have nurses, care aids, maintenance staff, HR staff, cleaners, security personnel, ambulance drivers, on and on and on. It's an industry just like oil and gas is. Not everyone just works on the rigs, such a terrible generalization! Please people, inform yourself before you just start flinging stuff out there!!

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Too funny.  Look at Kinder Morgans record in the USA.    

Do you work for Kinder Morgan ? 

Haha nope, I don't. I'm just trying to explain that there is actually good reason for doing the project. And in BC they have been very diligent at running their pipeline. But it's also because our governing bodies make them do it.

Archived