The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Bruins

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, put those future draft picks right into the lineup.  LastName, OtherName, FutureName...

Clearly irrationality and non-sequiturs are driving this latest episode of despair.

Eh, get some mean-nothing bodies included in the return .... every team has a few of those hanging around to part with.

Irrationability? No, just a need to keep moving forward. Irrationability is a fanbase clinging to their favourite huggables which comprise yet another non-playoff team. 

42 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Keep drinking the coolaid.

Canucks have mediocre goaltending.    Zero offensive D men.    Next to no elite young  forwards..

Boucher   - hahahah  ... now i know you are joking...

Good one , you had me for a bit..  Nice work.....

Goaltending is part of why Canucks aren't dead last or at least in the worst part of the standings, Canucks hasn't really had a decent offensive D man in a while and many teams gets by without one.  And I said "possibly" Boucher, you missed that part... he has proven to be able to score goals but seems to be lacking fitness.

43 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Vets on a non-playoff team are like drummers in bands who can't make it out of the local clubs. Who cares? 

I get the need to have some vets around to set the tone in the room and help the kids learn the ropes but they need to be able to lead on the ice as well to be really effective.

I don't want Edler mentoring any of our kids.  The guy plays like old people screw...slow and sloppy.

The twins can't play defense and I don't want our young guys to start emulating their always-pass-never-shoot endless cycle style either.

Burrows and Hansen are the kind of vets I see as having value for showing the kids how to bring it every night and play in the NHL.

Miller has been good but it is time to move to Marky or let him go. He's going ot be pushing 30 soon and is spending 80% of games riding the pine.

Like I said, vets for mentoring I get but when the vets are standing in the way of the future core even when getting out-played by the kids, then they are not really helping but hindering.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I get the need to have some vets around to set the tone in the room and help the kids learn the ropes but they need to be able to lead on the ice as well to be really effective.

I don't want Edler mentoring any of our kids.  The guy plays like old people screw...slow and sloppy.

The twins can't play defense and I don't want our young guys to start emulating their always-pass-never-shoot endless cycle style either.

Burrows and Hansen are the kind of vets I see as having value for showing the kids how to bring it every night and play in the NHL.

Miller has been good but it is time to move to Marky or let him go. He's going ot be pushing 30 soon and is spending 80% of games riding the pine.

Like I said, vets for mentoring I get but when the vets are standing in the way of the future core even when getting out-played by the kids, then they are not really helping but hindering.

I agree 100% with the concept of moving the older guys out for the new younger core.  The problem with our situation is we don't have any young forwards (other than Bo and Granlund) who are ready.  I think we are going to see the same old forwards crawling over the boards for a couple more seasons.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I agree 100% with the concept of moving the older guys out for the new younger core.  The problem with our situation is we don't have any young forwards (other than Bo and Granlund) who are ready.  I think we are going to see the same old forwards crawling over the boards for a couple more seasons.  

I hope that isn't the case unless it is a vet with a bunch of youth.  No more of these all vet lines eating up icetime and pp opportunities. 

I think as long as WD has access to vets, he will play the over the kids regardless of whether they earn it or not.  For that reason, I hope JB moves as many of a he remaining old core as he can.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I hope that isn't the case unless it is a vet with a bunch of youth.  No more of these all vet lines eating up icetime and pp opportunities. 

I think as long as WD has access to vets, he will play the over the kids regardless of whether they earn it or not.  For that reason, I hope JB moves as many of a he remaining old core as he can.

I would love to see young legs and excitement out there too.  Maybe Boeser, Gaudette, and Lockwood all make the team next season?

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Keep drinking the coolaid.

Canucks have mediocre goaltending.    Zero offensive D men.    Next to no elite young  forwards..

Boucher   - hahahah  ... now i know you are joking...

Good one , you had me for a bit..  Nice work.....

I guess there's a reason people call you the "King of Surrey".

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Too bad Virtanen making our team would be surprising:(

Not likely for a couple years at least. Needs a major overhaul to his game and mental state.  What makes it harder is JB bringing in more and more young forwards.  It will get more competitive for Jake to earn a spot

12 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

I guess there's a reason people call you the "King of Surrey".

Its a long story....  back from days  in the Div 1 Elite Mixed Bowling League...

thanks..

Is there a big story behind your nickname of  " Jam "  ?

9 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Not likely for a couple years at least. Needs a major overhaul to his game and mental state.  What makes it harder is JB bringing in more and more young forwards.  It will get more competitive for Jake to earn a spot

Right on! It's his mental state that needs the major work right now, if he can't deal with that, all the skills in the world are not going to be of much use to him.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Five or ten pin?  

5 Pin bowling is where the more athletic bowlers are found.  Requires more thinking / strategy.   18 inches between PINs  is   sooooo challenging....

5 Pin bowling  can become a real " mind game" with intimidation etc .

Miss the year round training / gym work  that was required....    Miss the pre match jitters ....  Miss the post match celebrations that went way too long into the night. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

5 Pin bowling is where the more athletic bowlers are found.  Requires more thinking / strategy.   18 inches between PINs  is   sooooo challenging....

5 Pin bowling  can become a real " mind game" with intimidation etc .

Miss the year round training / gym work  that was required....    Miss the pre match jitters ....  Miss the post match celebrations that went way too long into the night. 

Are you Earl Anthony?  He was the King too; a big lefty.  

Just finished watching the game. Hmmmm. Personally I would have called a timeout and had Bo and Granlund out for the last minute but I don't think this is the coaching decision that cost us the game. In a tie hockey game I wouldn't have Hank an Dank out there in the last 3 minutes, period. They are way to weak defensively to have out there when we are at least looking for a point. 

Also, who gave out all the hand grenades to our D-core tonight? And why did the equipment managers give back the marshmallow suits we wore in Nashville? Where did our team go that showed some balls in Ohio? 

Archived