The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Bruins

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

1040 totally raking Willie over the coals for his deployment......

Lets put those bozos behind the bench and see what happens. Willie is coaching his ass off to keep this group that was UNIVERSALLY picked to finish dead last in the league standings competitive. Hats off to Willie D.

2 minutes ago, ey40 said:

Yeah...consider the ago of Horvat it is too much for him to stay out that long.

Gosh I still don't understand why there are still people trying to defend WD's decision on players deployment.

Apparently the Sedins are totally capable of playing 2 minutes out of the last 5 but Bo is inferior conditioning wise he can only play 1 minute+.  What a pathetic argument for not having BO on the ice after a time out.

11 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I think the overall game plan is solid, they just need to execute better.

Sit back and defend the 0-0 tie. If we get the first goal, then sit back and defend the lead. If the opponent ties, then defend the tie. If the opponent goes ahead, then sit back and defend the one goal deficit. Wait for a lucky power-play chance and tie it late. Defend tie and attack late for the tie. Win in OT or shootout. The perfect plan! Why are we not winning more?

Willie needs a bow tie, to buck the trend.  (Remember Robbie Ftorek and his sweaters?  Dare to be different)

Just now, Salmonberries said:

Lets put those bozos behind the bench and see what happens. Willie is coaching his ass off to keep this group that was UNIVERSALLY picked to finish dead last in the league standings competitive. Hats off to Willie D.

Coaching hard, perhaps not smart.

I give the credit for the performance to unexpected performances by a number of players including Tryamkin, Bo, Granlund, Stecher.  NO one foresaw these guys being as good as they have been.

I'm of the opinion that a better tactician/strategist, could have achieved better results than WD who has been reluctant to make changes (PP is the poster child for that) and has overly relied on vets who are not producing.  He has also over-played Miller who is far better when fresh and at the cost of not playing Markstrom enough who has also been very good.  

Just now, gurn said:

Folk say Horvat is out playing the twins, are they taking strength of competition in to account?

Probably not.  The other teams' coaches still play their top d pair against the Twins.  I didn't like that the Twins turned over the puck in the ozone on Pasternak's winner though.  Plus, there was no back pressure on the puck carrier too.  Maybe other teams play their top lines against the Twins because of there being better chances to score on them now?  

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Folk say Horvat is out playing the twins, are they taking strength of competition in to account?

Teams have been putting their #1 defensive lines out against Bo's line and they are still producing.  THe Twins do not appear to be benefitting from the fact so yes, I think BO's line is out-playing the Sedins.  ALso, the twins get all that great PP time and have done very little with it for 3+ years.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Coaching hard, perhaps not smart.

I give the credit for the performance to unexpected performances by a number of players including Tryamkin, Bo, Granlund, Stecher.  NO one foresaw these guys being as good as they have been.

I'm of the opinion that a better tactician/strategist, could have achieved better results than WD who has been reluctant to make changes (PP is the poster child for that) and has overly relied on vets who are not producing.  He has also over-played Miller who is far better when fresh and at the cost of not playing Markstrom enough who has also been very good.  

You want to know where I think this group would be without the coaching of Willie D? Take a look at Colorado....and then subtract.

12 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

...and the Sedins stayed out for 1:13 at the end and played 2 minutes of the last 5 compared to just over a minute for Bo.

Sedins played 2 minutes of the last 6:29 = same difference.

Horvat played 1:53 of the last 4:31. whoopdydo.

Much ado about nothing.

1 minute ago, Salmonberries said:

You want to know where I think this group would be without the coaching of Willie D? Take a look at Colorado....and then subtract.

You might be right...but so might I. Kind of subjective but so is basically every post on here.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Sedins played 2 minutes of the last 6:29 = same difference.

Horvat played 1:53 of the last 4:31. whoopdydo.

Much ado about nothing.

Not really..with the time out, the hot players and leading scorer should have been out. It might not have made a difference but it would increase the odds of success.

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Btw - Jeff Patterson is an idiot that doesn't know how to read a shift chart.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/shiftcharts?id=2016020815

Bo Horvat's last shift ended at 58:47 - in other words - he took the shift after the Boston goal and left the ice with 1:13 left.

Whatever floats the irrational blame game - whine on CDC.

If you're going to bring that up, might as well mention how the Sedins were out on the ice for a good 2 minutes.  But Bo is a lot younger.

Archived