The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Bruins

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"That's a tough one to lose after scoring late in the 2nd & tying it in the 3rd. We have to find a way to find points." - Desjardins

I wonder if it enters his mind that over-playing under-performing vets over hot young players could be part of the problem?

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Btw - Jeff Patterson is an idiot that doesn't know how to read a shift chart.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/shiftcharts?id=2016020815

Bo Horvat's last shift ended at 58:47 - in other words - he took the shift after the Boston goal and left the ice with 1:13 left.

Whatever floats the irrational blame game - whine on CDC.

If we make the playoffs WD should be nominated for the Jack Adams. 

After all the injuries, the underperforming key players and the media scrutiny he still has his team battling. 

Beartchi and Grunlund's career completely resurrected under WD. 10/10

Tryamkin came into camp in the shape of a giant turd. WD focused on conditioning and getting him into game speed. Totally schooled everyone. Could have easily thrown him in and set him up for complete failure. Handled it 10/10. 

Everyone cries about WD's deployment because they can't see the big picture. He wants to build depth. He wants to roll 4 lines. He wants the 4 lines to be as balanced as possible. He is building an identity and brand. When he has more talent at his disposal he will use it accordingly.

I actually can't think of a better coach to bring players into the league. Hutton, Stecher, Horvat, Tryamkin would all testify to that. He also didn't give into the media cries when it came to JV. WD sets a standard, JV didn't meet that standard so now he is in the minors. 

I remeber everyone calling for AV's head at every possible opportunity. AV goes onto thrive in NY. Same thing with Torts. This fan base needs to stop slandering its coaches and start holding players accountable or even better start holding the team that simply beat you fair and square accountable.  

The Bruins deserved the two points more than the Nucks but a three point game would have been the fairest outcome considering the swings in momentum. Time to move on. This team has won several undeserved games because of puck luck or goaltending so it's evening out to what we are: a want to be bubble team with a stale top line and a less than dynamic coach. At least I see hope for improvement next year. 

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Only way to get a clean, unbiased take on where we're really at as a team is to stop reading/listening to TSN 1040, The Sun and The Province for six months. I tried it this year and now everything is clear, it is amazing. And so refreshing.

I agree.

I don't live in Vancouver and never read or listen to any local media.  I guess that means my take is clean and unbiased. ::D

3 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Only way to get a clean, unbiased take on where we're really at as a team is to stop reading/listening to TSN 1040, The Sun and The Province for six months. I tried it this year and now everything is clear, it is amazing. And so refreshing.

Never listened to 1040 and I occasionally read on Province because I get pointed to it but I can't stand Bochford and that Willes guy that floods the article with lame memes .

2 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

The Bruins deserved the two points more than the Nucks but a three point game would have been the fairest outcome considering the swings in momentum. Time to move on. This team has won several undeserved games because of puck luck or goaltending so it's evening out to what we are: a want to be bubble team with a stale top line and a less than dynamic coach. At least I see hope for improvement next year. 

I completely disagree with that statement. Vancouver was the better team

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

I agree.

I don't live in Vancouver and never read or listen to any local media.  I guess that means my take is clean and unbiased. ::D

It's amazing the difference it makes, I find. There is no substitute for an individual perspective. That media nag has a way of seeping in and contaminating everything.

12 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Coaching hard, perhaps not smart.

I give the credit for the performance to unexpected performances by a number of players including Tryamkin, Bo, Granlund, Stecher.  NO one foresaw these guys being as good as they have been.

I'm of the opinion that a better tactician/strategist, could have achieved better results than WD who has been reluctant to make changes (PP is the poster child for that) and has overly relied on vets who are not producing.  He has also over-played Miller who is far better when fresh and at the cost of not playing Markstrom enough who has also been very good.  

Strongly agree, DQ. +1

One ends up debating this shyte 'til blue in the face. All moot, because alternative outcomes cannot be proven. But to sit Bo in that context is freekenridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I make my own opinions.......they don't influence my decisions whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

If we make the playoffs WD should be nominated for the Jack Adams. 

After all the injuries, the underperforming key players and the media scrutiny he still has his team battling. 

Beartchi and Grunlund's career completely resurrected under WD. 10/10

Tryamkin came into camp in the shape of a giant turd. WD focused on conditioning and getting him into game speed. Totally schooled everyone. Could have easily thrown him in and set him up for complete failure. Handled it 10/10. 

Everyone cries about WD's deployment because they can't see the big picture. He wants to build depth. He wants to roll 4 lines. He wants the 4 lines to be as balanced as possible. He is building an identity and brand. When he has more talent at his disposal he will use it accordingly.

I actually can't think of a better coach to bring players into the league. Hutton, Stecher, Horvat, Tryamkin would all testify to that. He also didn't give into the media cries when it came to JV. WD sets a standard, JV didn't meet that standard so now he is in the minors. 

I remeber everyone calling for AV's head at every possible opportunity. AV goes onto thrive in NY. Same thing with Torts. This fan base needs to stop slandering its coaches and start holding players accountable or even better start holding the team that simply beat you fair and square accountable.  

Isn't it the Coaches job to hold players accountable and adjust deployment accordingly? I don't hate Willy as a coach, although I find he doesn't adapt well in the moment.

I am not a tanker by any means, but I was a little relieved that we lost.

The fancy stats people currently have us with a 5% chance of making the playoffs.  They calculate things like quality of opposition coming up, odds of other teams winning their games, 3 point games, games between teams ahead of us where points are guaranteed to one team or the other...

Our season is mathematically over, and it is just the extra point games that make everyone look like they are in it until the last minute.  Knowing the likelihood of missing the playoffs, and reacting to that, is very different than tankers going into a season wanting to lose badly.

If we are fairly well out of contention points wise by the end of the road trip, we can probably expect some roster movement before the deadline and that would be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am not a tanker by any means, but I was a little relieved that we lost.

The fancy stats people currently have us with a 5% chance of making the playoffs.  They calculate things like quality of opposition coming up, odds of other teams winning their games, 3 point games, games between teams ahead of us where points are guaranteed to one team or the other...

Our season is mathematically over, and it is just the extra point games that make everyone look like they are in it until the last minute.  Knowing the likelihood of missing the playoffs, and reacting to that, is very different than tankers going into a season wanting to lose badly.

If we are fairly well out of contention points wise by the end of the road trip, we can probably expect some roster movement before the deadline and that would be a good thing.

Well stated. Felt the same after we recently squandered a couple winnable ones. Keep getting younger..prepare for expansion-tinkering.

Archived