The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

Can’t question his logic there. Shows a lot of character and selflessness. And I don’t think this will limit his growth either. You always want your prospects playing big minutes and getting involved in every situation. At least that’s how I like to see it done. He steps up to the SHL and has to take 10-15 games to gain a coaches trust at this point in the season...? By the time he gains trust the season is almost done anyways, it’s not worth it. If he started the year in the SHL then i’d Have no problem as he can take his time and work his way up the line up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

A translation of a longer statement Dahlen made:

Gotta give props to his loyalty.

Nice to finally see it in black and white and straight from the horse’s mouth. I’ve posted a fair amount of rumour and speculation that’s been consistent with this, so it’s good to finally get confirmation that Dahlén is indeed sticking around with Timrå and that his motivations and loyalty are what I expected them to be.

Really don’t mean this as an “I told you so” post, if it sounds that way.

More just that I’m happy this kid appears to be who I thought he was.

• Cheers 2

respects to this decision.  would have loved to see him play with Pettersson, like cmon, Canuck fans would have loved that.

But

those 2 will be playing together for years anyways, so why would Dhalen bail on his team or quit on his team?  respects for that.

he got a character kid here boys, unlike Ryan Kesler. 

Best of luck Dhalen hope he lights it up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Dahlén adds an assist.

Timrå gives up a late PP goal that ties the game at 1-1 with 4:17 remaining.

15 seconds later, Dahlén assists on a goal to retake the lead 2-1.

EDIT: And he adds another assist to help Timrå seal it with an empty netter. 3-1 final.

Dahlén finishes with 1 goal and 2 assists.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1

Looks like they took away Dahlén’s assist on the EN goal. Just vanished from the online scoresheet when I refreshed the page.

So 1G 1A today and tied for HockeyAllsvenskan lead with 37 points.

That’s the 2nd time recently where he’s been cheated out of an assist. Good thing he doesn’t need the points.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like they took away Dahlén’s assist on the EN goal. Just vanished from the online scoresheet when I refreshed the page.

So 1G 1A today and tied for HockeyAllsvenskan lead with 37 points.

That’s the 2nd time recently where he’s been cheated out of an assist. Good thing he doesn’t need the points.

If you look at the EN Goal again you'll see that Dahlén wasn't on the puck.. he stressed the Björklöven D hard so he made a perfect pass to Timrå #10

also now 37p in 31 games makes 1,19PPG

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

If you lok at the EN Goal again you'll see that Dahlén wasn't on the puck.. he stressed the Björklöven D hard so he made a perfect pass to Timrå #10

also now 37p in 31 games makes 1,19PPG

Thanks! That makes sense. I’d just assumed he’d gotten a touch in when he was initially credited with the only assist.

I was mostly kidding anyway (about Dahlén getting cheated). I’m can’t say I’m really all that concerned about him losing a point here or there. He’s done more than enough this season to prove his value.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Thanks! That makes sense. I’d just assumed he’d gotten a touch in when he was initially credited with the only assist.

I was mostly kidding anyway (about Dahlén getting cheated). I’m can’t say I’m really all that concerned about him losing a point here or there. He’s done more than enough this season to prove his value.

Yes, he does so much more than the points. His stress on puckholders and the amount of threat he is Making the opponents focus him.. he does so much good and is in the tight spots almost all the time!

• Like 1