The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That goal is still Timrå’s only shot on goal so far. Karlskrona has 10 SOG. I know Timrå had to kill a penalty, but they’re going to need to get some more pucks on net! Don’t see the 1-0 advantage holding up over 60 minutes, especially if Karlskrona keep firing pucks on net at this rate.

Well, at least a late power play got them another shot on goal while I was writing this post.

I think the first period finished 14-2 shots on goal.

Closer to 2-0 than 1-1 Timrå had a shot in the bar in the BP, Karlskronas shots has been in the pad or low Easy stop for the goalie

43 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Closer to 2-0 than 1-1 Timrå had a shot in the bar in the BP, Karlskronas shots has been in the pad or low Easy stop for the goalie

That’s good to know. Was following the Växjö game and when I checked in on Timrå it seemed like they were getting swarmed.

Glad to see they evened up the shots (11-11) in the second period. Especially given the penalties (including the double minor) they needed to kill off.

Shot quality is clearly important but you still don’t like to see numbers as lopsided as they were in first period. Even if they’re not yielding quality chances, sometimes you pay the price when you give up such a disadvantage in shot volume.

Hopefully Timrå can add an insurance goal in the third.