The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jets trade Drew Stafford to Bruins for conditional 6th-round pick

None of the players from the Kane trade have been doing well for the Jets.  The only hope that the Jets have left is Lemieux.  Myers is a consummate underperformer even when he's not hurt.  Armia is a bust.  Stafford disappeared over time as predicted.

31 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

None of the players from the Kane trade have been doing well for the Jets.  The only hope that the Jets have left is Lemieux.  Myers is a consummate underperformer even when he's not hurt.  Armia is a bust.  Stafford disappeared over time as predicted.

Armia is not a bust.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I think that is Stafford, play Good and then totally terrible. He was a decent player for the Peg last year this year he hasn't been good at all. I would like to see what @Monty has to say but I would imagine he is happy they got something for him.

I remember his early days in Buffalo he had times where he looked great and then nothing.

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think that is Stafford, play Good and then totally terrible. He was a decent player for the Peg last year this year he hasn't been good at all. I would like to see what @Monty has to say but I would imagine he is happy they got something for him.

I remember his early days in Buffalo he had times where he looked great and then nothing.

He played well during contract years.  This time around he didn't perform.  The Jets may take that as a sign that what skill he once had is now gone.

23 minutes ago, Monty said:

Jack Roslovic, Joel Armia, and Brendan Lemieux all still very much in the fold.

All better than a locker room cancer.

That depends on what the rapey cancer can bring in a trade next year if he stays out of trouble and continues to do well.

2 hours ago, theminister said:

Armia is not a bust.

I've expected so much more from Armia than he's shown so far.

Bust may be a bit harsh but he is definitely underwhelming.

He still has the excuse of being young and relatively inexperienced for another year or so. 

11 minutes ago, Miles Mayhem said:

This is what happens when you try to play hardball and wait it out till the end. A 6th for this player is absolutely inexcusable. 

Better to accept something than do nothing (see: Hamhuis, Vrbata).

Archived