The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Ducks, March 5th @ 4:30 pm, Sportsnet

Beary Sweet

4 minutes ago, ohmy said:

All I know if that Golden goal gave me a flashback of another Russian rocket ::D one can dream can't they. Seriously it's nice to see a player with undeniable skill who just needs one chance to score. This kid keeps improving and we may have something special here. I hope seeing as its back to back that he'll get a fair amount of ice time. I also think the line of Baertchi, Horvat, and Eriksson compliment each other quite well.  Loui is the oxygen to there hydrogen and together they are water and exude fluidity. Lol sorry I may have had some bailey's in my coffee today :P

More people here should have Bailey's in their coffee then, a little optimism looks good after the team actually wins, and yanks a piece out of the Kings playoff aspirations.

Bo's line was a force, Hutton played fantastic, Miller was his usual nearly unbeatable self, the new kid scores a highlight reel game winner.  Tons of great things from last night's game.  Looking fwd to this one, and then shoving it down Keslers throat.

3 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Can we see this please? Pretty please?

Sedin Sedin Granlund
Bae Horvat Eriksson
Boucher Sutter Goldobin
Cramarossa Chaput Gaunce

Next year throw Virtanen and Boesr in for Cramarossa and Chaput?

Virtanen Gaunce Boeser

I just realized Willie needs more Right hand shots. Because they would draw defenders in... All the goals we get from right handers besides Sutter are very important.

I'd prefer that Gaunce stay on Sutters line, his play has been getting better and better with more ice time and better linemates.

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Goldobin and that line were fun to watch. Was one of the more exciting enjoyable games in recent memory.

Yeah it's almost like Louis pace creates openings for Horvat and Baertchi. Some great little give and go passes.

Just now, ohmy said:

Yeah it's almost like Louis pace creates openings for Horvat and Baertchi. Some great little give and go passes.

He looks more inspired playing with Bo and Baer, who go full out every shift.  LE is one of this mirror players, I think, reflecting the players he plays with.  On the twins line, he was slow and in possession mind set, with Sutter and Granny he was in 200ft mode, with No and Baer he puts pucks on net.  I don't give players free passes, but holding my opinion of LE until next December.

1 minute ago, hatedkid666 said:

canucks lose 4-3

Goldobin scores a hattrick in the first period and then gets benched, then after the game i live stream killing myself

I know how you feel.  The kid scores a big goal, and gets benched for leaving the dzone too early.  

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

More people here should have Bailey's in their coffee then, a little optimism looks good after the team actually wins, and yanks a piece out of the Kings playoff aspirations.

Bo's line was a force, Hutton played fantastic, Miller was his usual nearly unbeatable self, the new kid scores a highlight reel game winner.  Tons of great things from last night's game.  Looking fwd to this one, and then shoving it down Keslers throat.

Haha that they should. I try to be the glass half full guy because we have enough of the other stuff on here. I get that it can be frustrating sometimes but make your point and get over it. I forgot to mention Hutton good call. That is the Hutton that got everyone excited last year.  I'm so excited to see this young d core grow together. There's a perfect blend of size and speed IMO. I would love for the Canucks to win today with the youngsters so they could show a closeup of Keslers sour face. Go Canucks Go!

Hoping the canucks continue to stick it to the ever pathetic tank nation. Really uninspiring threads and fan base on here. More so just a bunch of people telling the same lame jokes in every thread and handing out rep to each other in a big fire willie/megnas a plug circle jerk. 

There's no reason to rush these players. Maybe you think the season is a write off but the boys are still trying to win games. Sorry they won't lay down and die like you would. Its called having character and pride. Pride in wearing the jersey.  Horvats pride in wearing the A. Putting the team before yourself.

I've said it before..

You would think all the people who advocated for a rebuild (and laughably think it just started this TDL) would be more understanding to player development. 

You're like kids smashing two toys together and calling it playing.

giphy.gif.d20caf7b08ca50bbf519007fdfdea35d.gif

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

He looks more inspired playing with Bo and Baer, who go full out every shift.  LE is one of this mirror players, I think, reflecting the players he plays with.  On the twins line, he was slow and in possession mind set, with Sutter and Granny he was in 200ft mode, with No and Baer he puts pucks on net.  I don't give players free passes, but holding my opinion of LE until next December.

I agree. I think it was Ferraro who said he's a complimentary player and if you find him the right blend on a line I think he will be successful.  Next December would be a fair judgment, by that time all avenues will be tried and tested. 

2 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

you have to take those risks if you want to win hockey games

I should have clarified, according to Willie's system, Goldy left too soon.  Many other systems have the wing away from the puck leave the zone early.  That's what the kid did, because he's been coached to do it.  Willie's system is way too defensive, and never forces the other team's da to back off.  

Archived