The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evaluating Willie Desjardins

buddyguy

4 minutes ago, Frail Granny said:

Bure would have got the Tryamkin treatment. Told to cut down on his muscle mass. Bure would have booked the next plane to Moscow.

We are so lucky that Tryamkin was a bigger man to see right through Desjardins,.  I believe Nik had a meeting with Benning about his "conditioning"..  They wanted him to go to the AHL,. Nik said no, and told them that he was already playing better than 2 D men that WD had in the line up.

A different Coach would embrace our prospects and Coach them stronger into their strengths,. and play them with encouragement through their mistakes.   Willy has never done that.

You see Babcock doing that systematically,.  And it has NOTHING to do with Talent on hand.. Babcock is a Coach with purpose, who knows systems, and see's strengths in players.

WD does not...  It would have been a process and system in place already.. only injuries, and now player movement, that have alowed prospects to play.

Tryamkin should have played 2 games and taken 1 off at the start of the season a rotation to share with 3 prospect D men.. Stetcher, Hutton and Tryamkin in that mix.

Pavel would have bolted ... In so happy Nik has seen through this prick.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

We are so lucky that Tryamkin was a bigger man to see right through Desjardins,.  I believe Nik had a meeting with Benning about his "conditioning"..  They wanted him to go to the AHL,. Nik said no, and told them that he was already playing better than 2 D men that WD had in the line up.

A different Coach would embrace our prospects and Coach them stronger into their strengths,. and play them with encouragement through their mistakes.   Willy has never done that.

You see Babcock doing that systematically,.  And it has NOTHING to do with Talent on hand.. Babcock is a Coach with purpose, who knows systems, and see's strengths in players.

WD does not...  It would have been a process and system in place already.. only injuries, and now player movement, that have alowed prospects to play.

Tryamkin should have played 2 games and taken 1 off at the start of the season a rotation to share with 3 prospect D men.. Stetcher, Hutton and Tryamkin in that mix.

I'm going to soon run out of pluses, if you keep posting these beauties.  Excellent post SS!

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

or Ovechkin...Ovy has had a pretty successful career but has been notorious for not playing a 20' game (until recent years) and still struggles to do so.  He is a pure goal scorer and his coaches have been willing to allow him freedom to produce despite his shortcomings.  If WD had been his coach when he came into the league, he would have been started on the 4th line until he could play defense to WD's standard.  It is quite possible, Ovy would have bolted to the KHL.  Not all horses are built to pull a wagon WIllie.

He is actually a really good example, because when Barry Trotz took over in Washington people there were worried that he was going to put a choke hold on their offence.

He does play a system where you have to be responsible but at the same time he allows his star players the freedom to be creative and do their thing.

The result? Ovenchicken's still nearly a PPG but the whole team has cleaned up things away from the puck and look like they may finally win it all this year.

Trotz is an elite NHL coach.  

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Same with Bowman when he coached the Red Wings, he let Datsyuk play even when he was struggling, and improved when Dave Lewis took over.  Ray Ferraro said earlier this season "play the kids even through their mistakes".

25 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Once again you move to insulting other posters...  

You tell porkies and untruths.

When someone calls you out for it , you insult them.  

Not matter how you dress it up. Not matter that they all had stellar peewee rep seasons and excelled at summer camp...

All 3   Willie, JB and TL all were NHL rookies in terms of doing the job before   at their new Canuck positions. 

Now i am sure you will once again post about how all 3 have a  great slap shot  and all  3  worked part time at  7-11 .

Whatever.  Doesn't matter how you try to dress it up. The truth is the truth. FA hired a very inexperienced management team . 

Again more word play from you you pick and choose to suit your narrative much like Botchford. Btw you've earned every "name" you've been called with your narrow minded thinking. 

I also only brought up relevant factual points you come back with the 7-11 job comments...

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again more word play from you you pick and choose to suit your narrative much like Botchford. Btw you've earned every "name" you've been called with your narrow minded thinking. 

The fact is our Canuck Leadership team of JB , TL and  WD had ZERO, ZILCH , NADA  ,  NO    direct NHL experience at the same level of  position as  their  Canuck positions when they were hired.

Very happy to see, you now concur.  Have a great night.  I  knew we  would eventually be on the same page.   This forum is great to bring people together.

I don't feel the same need to insult people as you do though. I am on the site to offer opinion , not put others down. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You didn't know?

It was back in the late 70's. 

Francisco bought in on a 7/11. Trevor oversaw the day to day operations, Benning managed the place, and Willie handed out slurpies and pepperoni

Wanna have some fun?

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

And he won't score.  I agree Goldy blew the dzone, but that's how to drive back the d off our blue line.  We should be sending our speedy (off side from the puck) wingers.  It would create more space.  It's no surprise we stated getting trapped in our end end right after Willie sat Goldy.  

The guy above is delusional Alf and obviously suffers from amnesia. Hansen and Bo have been doing the same thing for the last 2 seasons (Hansen for longer) did Willie bench them? Honestly the BS getting posted by the Willie haters is worrying to the extent you have to wonder about the mentality of some people.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

The fact is our Canuck Leadership team of JB , TL and  WD had ZERO, ZILCH , NADA  ,  NO    direct NHL experience at the same level of  position as  their  Canuck positions when they were hired.

Very happy to see, you now concur.  Have a great night.  I  knew we  would eventually be on the same page.   This forum is great to bring people together.

I don't feel the same need to insult people as you do though. I am on the site to offer opinion , not put others down. 

Lol but you have no problem hiding behind a screen calling out and putting down 3 professionals doing a very difficult job in a very difficult market. 

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

BS can you prove any of it. Go and look at Tryamkin's on admission about his conditioning and stop publicly hallucinating on here.

2 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

The guy above is delusional Alf and obviously suffers from amnesia. Hansen and Bo have been doing the same thing for the last 2 seasons (Hansen for longer) did Willie bench them? Honestly the BS getting posted by the Willie haters is worrying to the extent you have to wonder about the mentality of some people.

Why else did Willie sit Goldy then?  Let the kid play.  

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol but you have no problem hiding behind a screen calling out and putting down 3 professionals doing a very difficult job in a very difficult market. 

When i say all  3 had no similar experience at the NHL level for their current positions..  that is not putting them down. That is stating a fact.

It is a very tough job with a learning curve....  Maybe it is actually giving them a bit of slack for the struggling transition our club has had.

Yes Vancity is a tough market  - like all CDN markets.

They get paid well for their positions and i think all are in the public eye so are fair game for criticism.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

When i say all  3 had no similar experience at the NHL level for their current positions..  that is not putting them down. That is stating a fact.

It is a very tough job with a learning curve....  Maybe it is actually giving them a bit of slack for the struggling transition our club has had.

Yes Vancity is a tough market  - like all CDN markets.

They get paid well for their positions and i think all are in the public eye so are fair game for criticism.

You've flat out called Benning and Willie a moron on numerous occasions so seriously just stop with the no name calling garbage...

15 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Same with Bowman when he coached the Red Wings, he let Datsyuk play even when he was struggling, and improved when Dave Lewis took over.  Ray Ferraro said earlier this season "play the kids even through their mistakes".

You mean like we have watched the Oilers do for the last 10 years. 

Any idiot knows if you continue to let kids make mistakes without consequences they never learn the right way. The Canucks "fans" like you couldn't take 2 years of failure to make the playoffs never mind 10.

Ferraro must be another idiot who has trouble with his math. Can he count how many players below the age of 23 in the team and playing well?

14 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

BS can you prove any of it. Go and look at Tryamkin's on admission about his conditioning and stop publicly hallucinating on here.

It was actually well publicized at the beginning of the season. If you had a radio on during that time, you'd remember the conflict between Tram and management. He blatantly refused to go the AHL even on a conditioning stint. He only got in once Edler and Tanev went down, and the rest is history.

26 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Bowman retired after Datsyuk's first pro season in the NHL. Datsyuk was 23 years old and scored 41 points (equiv) - He had a +/- of +4, how was that struggling.

Are you comparing Goldobin with Datsyuk?

Archived