The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Ducks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

Yup, he made some great saves, but there was also a lot of scrambling and some open space that the Dorks couldn't capitalize on.  I was happy that he was awarded the well-deserved 1st star, but I'm not so sure about some saying he could be a full-time #2 behind Marky.

So glad it was a decent game.  I bought tickets back when the Canucks were doing well, but recent weeks worried me, and I have seen plenty of bombs at the Pond.  Turned out to be a lot of fun, and so glad that the Ducks goal horn got so little use!  Lots of hard work out there with numerous odd-man rushes made it exciting at times, and having the Ducks going 0-2 on the PP when we no longer have Hansen and Burr around to help was great to see.

GCG!

I haven't been to a game at GM Place (The Garage) since the Twins, Burr, Edler, and Louongo were young.  Now with out new guys coming in, if you see an old furry guy on his super screaming hot scooter in the HC section, you know Alf is back!  Bring on the youth!!!!!!

• -SN- unfeatured this topic

Management better get Goldy and Dahlen to stay in vanCity over the off season and work on their game. Get them a power skating coach and make them hit the gym twice a day. If ownership wants to get back to being a contender? They are going to have to invest heavily in these guys for them to succeed. With this years first rounder (hopefully a top 5 pick) and some really good prospects in the system. (Boeser, Gaudette and Lockwood) Jake Virtanin better ramp it up this off season or he could be in Utica for quite some time. The RW spot looks pretty crowded this fall with all the lefty's able to play on the right side. 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I haven't been to a game at GM Place (The Garage) since the Twins, Burr, Edler, and Louongo were young.  Now with out new guys coming in, if you see an old furry guy on his super screaming hot scooter in the HC section, you know Alf is back!  Bring on the youth!!!!!!

I'm going to the game on Thurs vs the Isles, so hyped to see Goldy and co. back at it.

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Management better get Goldy and Dahlen to stay in vanCity over the off season and work on their game. Get them a power skating coach and make them hit the gym twice a day. If ownership wants to get back to being a contender? They are going to have to invest heavily in these guys for them to succeed. With this years first rounder (hopefully a top 5 pick) and some really good prospects in the system. (Boeser, Gaudette and Lockwood) Jake Virtanin better ramp it up this off season or he could be in Utica for quite some time. The RW spot looks pretty crowded this fall with all the lefty's able to play on the right side. 

I'm hoping they finally move Jake to LW, he's having the most impact coming in off the left side.

I'm fully expecting Jake,  Demko, Boeser, Gaudette, Brisebois and Dahlen to spend the year in Utica getting to know and grow with each other.  There will be growing pains, but it's exciting, for sure.

3 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

I'm going to the game on Thurs vs the Isles, so hyped to see Goldy and co. back at it.

Thank God for the young guys coming into the line-up.  Next year could be terrible for points, but exciting with all the youth.

44 minutes ago, lordstanley2019 said:

Oops LOL id still rather have 

Baertschi horvat Eriksson 

Goldobin Henrik boeser 

Daniel sutter Granlund 

Rodin gaunce Boucher 

Forget Dorsett and cramarossa have them as extra forwards.

That roster gives us kick add offence. 

Adding liljegren to our prospect pool would really deepen our defensive core.

Liljegren Tryamkin  

Juolevi Stecher 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Thats the softest forward group ive ever seen

21 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Thats the softest forward group ive ever seen

Ur right, how many points do cramarossa and Dorsett have? And what team won the cup?....

Ohhhh the penguins??? U mean the team that chose skill over size and won a cup.

Pfft yea why would we wanna be like them????

And player pushed hard enough will react we don't need noobs like Dorsett or cramarossa taking spots from potential solid prospects. 

#playthekidswithskill 

Gaunce continues to impress me game after game and he is improving while doing so. Really glad he's up here in the big club and now with Eriksson out for who knows, he will be given more minutes with Sutter, Goldobin as his linemates. Who knows maybe he might get some PP time in there also. He has been forechecking, back checking and when he has control of the puck, he shields it which makes it harder for the opposing player to even get a touch in. I believe in the kid's game and he's only getting better by the day. Still working on rounding out his game

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Glad you're happy Alf. We are all happy. It was ALWAYS inevitable that the youth were coming. Heck they have been coming in since JB took over. (Hutton, Horvat, Virtanen, McCann, Tryamkin, Stecher, etc. & more & more coming as JB's draft picks are only just starting to surface since his arrival. Boeser, Gaudette, Zhukenov, Jasek, Lockwood, Juolevi, Virtanen, Demko, etc., etc...)

Canucks are in good hands with TL & JB at the top...

3 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Glad you're happy Alf. We are all happy. It was ALWAYS inevitable that the youth were coming. Heck they have been coming in since JB took over. (Hutton, Horvat, Virtanen, McCann, Tryamkin, Stecher, etc. & more & more coming as JB's draft picks are only just starting to surface since his arrival. Boeser, Gaudette, Zhukenov, Jasek, Lockwood, Juolevi, Virtanen, Demko, etc., etc...)

Canucks are in good hands with TL & JB at the top...

Alf is happy, and is GREATLY looking forward to our young guys.  I wonder if the Comets move to the Colosseum?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Alf is happy, and is GREATLY looking forward to our young guys.  I wonder if the Comets move to the Colosseum?

That would make too much sense...

Also there should be a live feed to watch their games from this site...

Archived