The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | March 9th, 2017 | 7PM | Sportsnet Pacific | The Gilligan's Islanders Edition

Cramarossa

Just now, bertuzzi44fan said:

We aren't that bad of a team,and those other clubs need them way more.

Flip just a handful of those 1 goal losses,...a few less sick days & injuries,...and yah sure,...they could be in there,...but with their typical Canuck-luck & those afore-mentioned blights,...they've been outside of this year's play-off conversation for a long while .

2 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Yeah you know what the last notoriously "weak" draft was?

99' y'know? The one where we got the Sedins

Make no mistake what just happened was HORRIBLE for this franchise

Yes thank you cheers bro, these 1 point games for us is just ridiculous, ... my team frustrates me. WIN but in the beginning and the middle to set youreself up. But man don't &^@# up and lose the first 60 game's, then all of a sudden you have an epiphany and start winning. 

8 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Well Linden said they will be Canucks for as long as they want to be Canucks

And Benning went out of his way to say he expected them to start next season when their obviously under contract for another year. 

Willie refuses to break them up regardless of their play.... just makes you wonder if something else isn't going on.

7 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Great so for the 2nd time in a few days, we score a useless goal that does nothing but hurt the franchise, then go on to make it matter even less

as someone who has watched this team for a long time, I must say team culture is a powerful thing, they have a built-in self-destruct mechanism that refuses to let them succeed

So nice of you to keep quiet all game, before you fired up your usual whine-fest.

• -SN- unfeatured this topic
2 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Yes thank you cheers bro, these 1 point games for us is just ridiculous, ... my team frustrates me. WIN but in the beginning and the middle to set youreself up. But man don't &^@# up and lose the first 60 game's, then all of a sudden you have an epiphany and start winning. 

Exactly, this turning on the jets when there is something so crucial at stake is like an insult,

The really frustrating thing is that other teams actively push and manipulate to get those picks (Not the players, upper management) Do people know Mario Lemieux came down to the final regular season game between the Penguins and Devils? And that Pittsburg made damn well sure they lost/won? New Jersey goes on to be the most boring least celebrated championship team in NHL history, while Pittsburg has had the feeling of being a "Special team" from the day Mario first played for them, it also gave them the balls and experience to manipulate their way to Sidney Crosby, the shine has never left them,

It's that shine the Canucks have never had, nobody wants to pay the price to get it, not management, Ownership or fans

Fine, enjoy your single point everyone, This team will NEVER win a Stanley Cup, it won't pay the price that other teams will

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

If you are a penalty killer, you should be on the ice for every PK. I do not understand why you are complaining.

Because it is a bad use of your best offensive player.  If you work in a law office and you are fantastic at data entry/legal secretary work but are a lawyer, too: is it a good use of this lawyer to employ them as a legal secretary? 

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

So nice of you to keep quiet all game, before you fired up your usual whine-fest.

Well, thought I'd shake things up a little, thanks for noticing

How about a free palm reading? Let me brush aside that fur and....

I see some day soon you will realize I was right about ALL of this, and you still won't admit it.

But some wine actually sounds good right now, I think I will, thanks for the suggestion :)

2 hours ago, viking mama said:

Flip just a handful of those 1 goal losses,...a few less sick days & injuries,...and yah sure,...they could be in there,...but with their typical Canuck-luck & those afore-mentioned blights,...they've been outside of this year's play-off conversation for a long while .

On the other hand, they hardly ever get blown out.  In fact, if the Sedins were the way they were last year (let alone 3 years back) they make the playoffs. 

The key question is what to attribute this relative success.  Is it the new blood? (Baer, Horvat, Stecher, Tram, and Granlund.)  Coaching?  Character in the key players (Horvat, Baertschi, Hutton, Stecher, Sbisa, Tanev, Miller) or something else?  I don't like the way WD has developed Horvat (or Virtanen) -- and especially wonder about his pets (last year we had Vey, this year we have Megna) -- but I don't know how out-of-the ordinary he is with this, or if he is under orders to do this kind of thing. 

No one anticipated the fall of the Sedins.  I don't remember seeing anything quite like this.  Partly it's the new kind of hockey that makes their footspeed a problem, partly it's the wear and tear they must have absorbed over the years.  (Surely DNA is a factor: both have slipped).  But unless something changes over this summer, for all intents and purposes, they are done.   You can't lead off the ice, if you can't lead on the ice.  Horvat and the young guns are classy enough not to kick up a fuss, but the guys driving the bus are not the Sedins, or Edler or even the likes of Tanev.  And we all know where Hansen and Burrows are.  If Boeser and Virtanen make next year's team -- and if (a big if) two of Lockwood or Gaudette or Dahlen or Goldobin make the team... the transition will be enormous.  Throw in Rodin and the inevitable surprise player we haven't seen yet... and the Sedins will be doing interviews, PR and not much else.  This is good and normal.  What isn't quite working is the huge amount of pp time the Sedins get, the fact that Edler still hasn't been moved, and the Coach's (and the Sedins) management of this.  It's all happened so fast. Just last year at this time we were celebrating Hansen's best year and the fact that the Sedins (along with Jagr and Thornton) were the best older players in hockey. 

My worry is that next year will be the Sedin's A-Rod year: the retirement tour no one quite wants to admit is happening around us. 

I now see why the Alfredsons and the Iginlas and even the Orrs and Parks get traded toward the end of their careers: it's hard to watch the final year.

At the start of 2nd period the team looked good and was playing a lot of offense which netted them 2 quick goals and then they suddenly backed off, like way off and it turned into a hot mess.

I'd hate to agree with Botchford but i think he's right on Willie and  Boucher . I think it goes beyond  Boucher . WD hasn't seemed to like the players JB trades for. JB brings in players and WD takes how long to trust them or play them? 

Another reason to dump this lame coach.

Archived