The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-NYR

I much as I would hate to see him go, Chris Tanev + Jake Virtanen to the New York Rangers for Chris Krieder. 

I would prefer to trade Edler but NY already has a bunch of good left dman. 

Tanev would a be a good replacement for the aging Dan Girardi. 

Krieder is only 25yrs old and would really help the top six scoring. Could be a good addition with the Sedins next season. 

No thanks. I don't want to trade Jake he's our future checking line muscle that can play top 6 if needed. We have Dahlen, Goldobin, Baertschi, Loui, Granlund, Etc in our fluffy top 9 we need to add some physicality to that Kane/Landeskog Tkachuck(in 2018) to create some time and space for our scorers to actually score.  If we add some nasty that can score to our lineup we can roll 4 lines score and bang at the same time!

Another winger?  Sven, Brock, Granny, Goldie, Boucher, Jake would be a solid top-9 group of wingers already, getting another shouldn't be a priority.

After Hank leaves we may only have Bo and Sutter as top-6 or top-9 centers immediately available (Gaudette's too far down the line to tell what he'll become, same with Dahlen, Molino and Gaunce might just end up in the bottom-6 or on the wing, we won't know who we'll get as our 1st round pick, and even then he might not join the league immediately) so we should get a center with upside to almost complete the restocking.  

I was thinking. The Avs don't really need a center in this year's draft we do. What the Avs need is Tanev or Edler and a plus and we need a guy like Duchene. The Avs have tons of talent just need a few pieces. Most likely Whatever center we draft won't be as good as Duchene. Then we use our pick to draft best d available. 

I'm not a fan of this to be honest. We have so many "x factors" in prospects coming up front that this trade may just prove to bite us if we find we have a lot of forwards emerging and little defense. Virtanen could still become a good forward in the league.

I would actually rather keep Tanev and trade Tanev only when we're sure we don't need him anymore. I don't think it makes sense otherwise.

We take Patrick no matter what if we can, if he's healthy I'm calling it right now, Horvat and Patrick up the middle? We are back in the playoffs after his rookie year, Patric is EVERYTHING we need in our other center and having two great centers is the key to having a contender

Yes the injuries could bite us, but it doesn't matter. When the key to the kingdom is right in front of you grab it

Patrick = Playoffs year after next and the next era of the Canucks begins. Quote me on it.

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I'm not a fan of this to be honest. We have so many "x factors" in prospects coming up front that this trade may just prove to bite us if we find we have a lot of forwards emerging and little defense. Virtanen could still become a good forward in the leag'sue.

I would actually rather keep Tanev and trade Tanev only when we're sure we don't need him anymore. I don't think it makes sense otherwise.

Tanev's minutes need to go to Stecher, Hutton, and Tryamkin (SP) Hopefully Subban and maybe Joulevi......Ok, those last two are a stretch, but you don't keep Tanev to play him on the third pairing

23 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Another winger?  Sven, Brock, Granny, Goldie, Boucher, Jake would be a solid top-9 group of wingers already, getting another shouldn't be a priority.

After Hank leaves we may only have Bo and Sutter as top-6 or top-9 centers immediately available (Gaudette's too far down the line to tell what he'll become, same with Dahlen, Molino and Gaunce might just end up in the bottom-6 or on the wing, we won't know who we'll get as our 1st round pick, and even then he might not join the league immediately) so we should get a center with upside to almost complete the restocking.  

Yes! forget wingers people....and forget D too for now.....A team is only as good as it's top two centers, any GM will tell you that, there is no other position we should give two craps about till we settle the issue of the other STAR center (Has to be a REAL star, not "Have potential" not "He does the little things right" not "His value isn't measured on the score sheet" a real, no-excesses, 40 plus assists, 21 minute a night, winning FO% and 60 plus GOOD penalty minute, back checks in our slot and distributes the puck in our opponents STAR center 

43 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Tanev's minutes need to go to Stecher, Hutton, and Tryamkin (SP) Hopefully Subban and maybe Joulevi......Ok, those last two are a stretch, but you don't keep Tanev to play him on the third pairing

If you have the money and the 3rd line's getting minutes anyway why not? lol

Archived