The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Portland Food Truck Wars [Townies Win!!!] - Sign Up in Progress

T-rex930

43 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

But to be serious, I wouldn't go that far with JL. I feel like I can already form a couple reads, despite it being early game still.

('90%' is pretty high, though, especially for someone who reads me as mafia nearly every single game.)

I read you as mafia last game. I don't remember the last time I called you out as mafia. 

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

Too early as in I don't see the advantages in doing so right now with no immediate pressure for them (I don't think anyone has more than 2 votes on them rn) and with the town currently having no losses/mis lynches.

I think the TB could come quite handy in the later rounds should they survive when there is less players and better chance of taking out a mafia when they eventually kamikaze.

Also, thinking like a mafia, I would want to take out the TB early to avoid a later situation like above. 

See this is exactly the problem with this role. Everyone thinks the TB has to kill at some point. The TB DIES when they use the kill so if they hit a TP they hurt the town so much. 

Through all the games I've played over the years the TB has basically been a pro-mafia role and if I'm scum right now I'm not even worried about it at all. Sheriff, Doc and Vig are all much higher priorities. 

3 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

I read you as mafia last game. I don't remember the last time I called you out as mafia. 

Well, I haven't played in 6 months or so, other than last game. But, speaking purely anecdotally, I felt I could always count on you, mau5, and Zfetch, in particular, to consistently scum-read me regardless of my actual alignment. And that's fine, I suppose, but none of you ever gave a good reason why.

11 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I think the TB could come quite handy in the later rounds should they survive when there is less players and better chance of taking out a mafia when they eventually kamikaze.

Also, thinking like a mafia, I would want to take out the TB early to avoid a later situation like above. 

The Vig, Doc, and Sheriff can all come in quite handy in later rounds too. If I'm thinking like a mafia, I only take out the TB if I really don't know who the other three might be.

(Actually, if I'm thinking like a mafia, I make strange kill choices and leave BW alive.)

4 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

See this is exactly the problem with this role. Everyone thinks the TB has to kill at some point. The TB DIES when they use the kill so if they hit a TP they hurt the town so much. 

Through all the games I've played over the years the TB has basically been a pro-mafia role and if I'm scum right now I'm not even worried about it at all. Sheriff, Doc and Vig are all much higher priorities. 

Once the TB claims, the mafia are going to assume or at least worry about the sheriff contacting them. A TB/Sheriff alliance will be a major threat to them and a mafia team with at least 1 or 2 experienced players will want to make sure that alliance is as short lived as possible. Sheriff is obviously more dangerous to them than TB, but if they don't know who the sheriff is, I don't see what is stopping them from taking out the other piece of the puzzle. Could be when the TB claims, could be the next round to avoid a potential doc save. Either way, I'm willing to bet the TB doesn't last 2 more rounds after their claim.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

And that's fine, I suppose, but none of you ever gave a good reason why.

Expanding on this (and not just in relation to JL), I think one consistent problem the TP face is that not everyone explains their reads. The mafia love to throw out a few tentative scum reads with little to back them up, just to see what sticks. And they love sneaking their teammates in lower on their list, if possible. But of we don't know people's reasons for thinking the way they do, then we can't analyse the choices they make.

The first round is nearly always a wash, but I, for one, read back over the early rounds (when I survive long enough to, at least) to check people's reads and rationales. It's amazing how often something jumps out in retrospect. But if we let people get away with just saying "MR = slight mafia lean", there's nothing to look at.

So far I've read JJ as TP (because he says so his manner is carefree, classic JJ unlike last game) and Stamkos as Mafia (for reasons in a previous post). Now y'all do it too.

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Once the TB claims, the mafia are going to assume or at least worry about the sheriff contacting them. A TB/Sheriff alliance will be a major threat to them and a mafia team with at least 1 or 2 experienced players will want to make sure that alliance is as short lived as possible. Sheriff is obviously more dangerous to them than TB, but if they don't know who the sheriff is, I don't see what is stopping them from taking out the other piece of the puzzle. Could be when the TB claims, could be the next round to avoid a potential doc save. Either way, I'm willing to bet the TB doesn't last 2 more rounds after their claim.

Why is that so bad? I'll take a dead TB for a solid alliance any day.

Actually, considering some of the players in this game, I might just a take a dead TB. :P

8 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

JJ not scum. Kill JJ. Find JJ TP. Bad on you.

Not how it works tbh

4 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

I'm your top scum lean but I'm not worth voting for.

Are you just throwing my name out there hoping for a waggon start?

Didn't I say this exact same thing last night?

3 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

Actually thought when I first read this, that it wasn't a serious post. And then Arm votes for me.

We'll see what happens.

Not 100% serious, but serious enough to generate some discussion and get some reactions.

3 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

Legend:

Pale Red - A Scum Pool

Orange - B Scum Pool

Emerald - TP lean

Dark Gray - IDK yet

Emerald.... that's pretty

3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Expanding on this (and not just in relation to JL), I think one consistent problem the TP face is that not everyone explains their reads. The mafia love to throw out a few tentative scum reads with little to back them up, just to see what sticks. And they love sneaking their teammates in lower on their list, if possible. But of we don't know people's reasons for thinking the way they do, then we can't analyse the choices they make.

The first round is nearly always a wash, but I, for one, read back over the early rounds (when I survive long enough to, at least) to check people's reads and rationales. It's amazing how often something jumps out in retrospect. But if we let people get away with just saying "MR = slight mafia lean", there's nothing to look at.

So far I've read JJ as TP (because he says so his manner is carefree, classic JJ unlike last game) and Stamkos as Mafia (for reasons in a previous post). Now y'all do it too.

I've got the same as you: Stamkos as scum and JJ as town. Nice mind-meld or is one of us sheeping? :P

JJ's game is a huge contrast to last and he usually is very emphatic about declaring himself TP when he is town. And yeah, also the carefree behavior. 

6 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

To follow on with what I just posted: why JL? I prefer Stamkos. Make your case.

Because I haven't found JL helpful to the scum hunt yet, and unlike other unhelpful players so far, it looks he is attempting to be.

1 hour ago, JohnLocke said:

BW's Plan actually is not terrible. If the TB is a noob, he should definitely claim. 

I'm 90% sure MR is tp this game. At least one of BJ, JJ, and Armbar is mafia. That fight between BJ and JJ could also be scripted... But Stamkos is the clear frontrunner right now. 

Unvote Vote Stamkos

This is weak and lacks substance. No explanations for anything and the scripted comment basically looks like a wave in mine and JJ's direction. Stamkos is also an easy target at the moment of this post, but he doesn't really add anything to further Stamkos's guilt.

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Because I haven't found JL helpful to the scum hunt yet, and unlike other unhelpful players so far, it looks he is attempting to be.

This is weak and lacks substance. No explanations for anything and the scripted comment basically looks like a wave in mine and JJ's direction. Stamkos is also an easy target at the moment of this post, but he doesn't really add anything to further Stamkos's guilt.

Yeah I hated that post too. Put JL at the number 2 scum position. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I agree. I still find more to dislike about Stamkos, but if others prefer JL I'd have no qualms about switching my vote.

5 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Kinda feel bad about constantly lynching Stamkos though. I mean the guy digs his own grave with every post but it feels like every game he's taking an early lynch regardless of faction lol. 

I'm willing to reconsider on empathetic grounds. :lol: Both have a chance still to defend themselves anyway.

We still have half a dozen no-shows anyway. E.g. my ex-scumbuddy @J-23; what's up, bud? Come play.

Archived