The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Props to you the Canucks fan!

Baratheon

7 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Not at all I don't post actively enough to be piling those up.

I've just gotten annoyed lately with people dumping on the canucks and the whole sport of hockey just cause things aren't going their way.

I appreciate having people like the folks on this forum to talk about my favourite team

The bandwagon phenomena became painfully obvious a few years ago when the board slowed way down once it was apparent that the Canucks weren't going to make it back to the Cup Finals.

I remember when I used to lurk a couple years before registering in 2012.  It was one of the heaviest used message boards I had ever seen.

could be  worse, we could be the Sabres... Long time losing franchise with only one cup appearance.

Yes it's tough now, it was tough in the 80's to early 90's, then the ughhhh Messier days, but, it can't always be bad...can it?

5 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

could be  worse, we could be the Sabres... Long time losing franchise with only one cup appearance.

Yes it's tough now, it was tough in the 80's to early 90's, then the ughhhh Messier days, but, it can't always be bad...can it?

How many Cup appearances?  Try again before you troll.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Oh sorry 2, I forgot about the time I wasn't alive in 75... Wanna talk about trolls your name is Sabres fan on a canucks site... now if thats not trolling I dont kniw what is

Just now, DS4quality said:

Oh sorry 2, I forgot about the time I wasn't alive in 75... Wanna talk about trolls your name is Sabres fan on a canucks site... now if thats not trolling I dont kniw what is

I've been over this plenty of times since 2012.  I'm not going to go over my reasoning with a putz from Toronto.

Also, here tell me what place the Sabres are in with all time regular season winning percentage since you have no clue about the Sabres....

I'll help:  http://www.hockeycentral.co.uk/nhl/records/Regular-Season-Records.php

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I've been over this plenty of times since 2012.  I'm not going to go over my reasoning with a putz from Toronto.

Also, here tell me what place the Sabres are in with all time regular season winning percentage since you have no clue about the Sabres....

I'll help:  http://www.hockeycentral.co.uk/nhl/records/Regular-Season-Records.php

Thanks, but I'd rather be a putz living in Toronto (even though I'm from BC), than be from Trump-landia (you guys voted in a reality tv star)...Also, I'm a Canucks fan, not a sabres fan, although tbh I do prefer the sabres to most teams, just not my Canucks

Just now, DS4quality said:

Thanks, but I'd rather be a putz living in Toronto (even though I'm from BC), than be from Trump-landia (you guys voted in a reality tv star)...Also, I'm a Canucks fan, not a sabres fan, although tbh I do prefer the sabres to most teams, just not my Canucks

How did you being wrong about the Sabres' being an all-time losing team turn into a Trump discussion? 

Let's just end it on you were wrong about the Sabres considering percentage-wise they are in the Top 5 at least in the regular season.  Next time at least do a Google search before you blindly and ignorantly strike out at someone or something.

7 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Don't make fun of my city, and I wont make fun of your country... besides winning percentage is only as good as your last cup...so we're both losing on that end

Feel free to make fun of my country.  I have been angry with it for a long time and it got worse after the most recent election.  I'm not uber-nationalistic to the point where I delude myself into thinking that the country is perfect and is under an umbrella of manifest destiny.

A Cup is the ultimate goal, but in lieu of one, I'll be happy with my top 5 all-time regular season winning team.  The 70's, 90's, and 00's were very good to the Sabres.  The 80's and especially the 10's, not so much.

47 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Feel free to make fun of my country.  I have been angry with it for a long time and it got worse after the most recent election.  I'm not uber-nationalistic to the point where I delude myself into thinking that the country is perfect and is under an umbrella of manifest destiny.

A Cup is the ultimate goal, but in lieu of one, I'll be happy with my top 5 all-time regular season winning team.  The 70's, 90's, and 00's were very good to the Sabres.  The 80's and especially the 10's, not so much.

Buffalo is my favorite team too (aside from Vancouver) 

There's been some good times for sure.  Not so much lately but they're coming again 

Think and thin good or bad Quinn or Keenan I'll be there riding the Canucks roller coaster.

what others choose to do isn't my concern they'll be welcome back in 3-5 years when the team is the hot ticket in town once again.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

If my memory is correct they were the cream of the expansion crop, with the Picard brothers turning Philly into the bullies because they pushed them around so much.  The most famous picture in hockey was Orr scoring and elimanted the Sabres.... Hasek team was pretty good too.

Just now, IBatch said:

If my memory is correct they were the cream of the expansion crop, with the Picard brothers turning Philly into the bullies because they pushed them around so much.  The most famous picture in hockey was Orr scoring and elimanted the Sabres.... Hasek team was pretty good too.

I was 1 year old when the Sabres played the Flyers for the Cup in 1975 so I'll have to take your word for it.  My memory of the team begins in 1980 when I was 6.  There were some lean years in the 1980's.  Punch Imlach built the 1970's team that played for the Cup.  John Muckler built the Hasek-led team that went to the Cup Final in 1999.  Then the rule changes post mid-2000's lock-out helped produce an excellent team that went to the Conference Final two years in a row.

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

We are all Canucks.

Well, except those people who blow over to the other side whenever the going gets rough.   

I think we have a great fanbase here...a mix of all different types.  We're resilient and, when we do finally get a cup, we're going to celebrate like there's no tomorrow.  We have learned patience and to lean on each other a lot.

Man, I love you guys.  *tear*

don't tease me Deb  lol..  a cup...  hmmmm i listened to my first canucks game on cbc radio from the prince george area in 1974 and my first watched game was a black and white small tv...  so it might give me a heart attack IF we actually won one, the wagoneers are a dime a dozen for any team in any sport but if a sport is this good and your always rooting for the under dog then it makes it a challenge, that and a pretty good game "usually" over the years and entertaining that's for sure! 

We actually have a farm team now that's actually not covered in dust for a change so things are looking up more then the op maybe realized, if we can get tougher high end talent for this team soon and use what we have now in players PLUS guys from the farm, we might have not only a REALLY good team but depth to take a run through rounds of grueling playoff rounds and actually get a cup because of that. THAT would make my day!  ermmm year!  ummm lifetime?  hmmm yes as long as we get ONE!  just one is all i want!  lmao!!!!  :D

34 minutes ago, butters said:

I'll take the bandwagon fans any day over the hardcore fans who express their "love" by raging about whoever the current whipping boy is.

I agree. It's pretty funny seeing all the "fans" who apparently hate the players, coaches, management and owners.

Archived