The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Props to you the Canucks fan!

Baratheon

4 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Oh sorry 2, I forgot about the time I wasn't alive in 75... Wanna talk about trolls your name is Sabres fan on a canucks site... now if thats not trolling I dont kniw what is

75 posts in 15 years. lol.  I guess there's no way you could know that Sabrefan is actually a Canuck fan as well.  It's ok to be a fan of more than one team ya know.  He's certainly not a troll.

6 hours ago, Baratheon said:

I just wanted to give a shout out to all of you who are actively pulling for this team.  Lately I have spoken to a lot of people who say that they don't like hockey any more or that they're not in to the Canucks any more.  Now when the Canucks inevitably get exciting again they'll all come flooding back bandwagon style I'm sure.  You guys are the true fans sticking it out through the hard times!

People get a little heated at times debating things like tank vs non-tank or who we should draft.  It's because you guys care about this team even through the tough times and that's what makes all of you the best! So when people start complaining about bandwagon fans when the Canucks get good again, give yourself a pat on the back from me because that's not you!  Thanks everyone for keeping me sane! (Even when you drive me insane)

It's Jason Botchford!!!!!  can you sign my "it's the patcast" shirt???

5 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The bandwagon phenomena became painfully obvious a few years ago when the board slowed way down once it was apparent that the Canucks weren't going to make it back to the Cup Finals.

I remember when I used to lurk a couple years before registering in 2012.  It was one of the heaviest used message boards I had ever seen.

I think we should be supportive of band wagoners.  I sometimes am a bandwagoner for other sports teams. I'm still rooting for them.  we shouldn't try and pull the morale superiority card unless the person is being a @£$¥.

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I think we should be supportive of band wagoners.  I sometimes am a bandwagoner for other sports teams. I'm still rooting for them.  we shouldn't try and pull the morale superiority card unless the person is being a @£$¥.

I don't disagree with you. I'm not meaning to hate on anybody.  There are people out there (I know many of them) who will dump on hockey and rip on canucks fans.  People who "used to be a canuck fan but they suck now and hockey is boring"  You just KNOW that those same people are going to be claiming to be lifers once Vancouver is good again 

Oh and I'll gladly sign some shirts for you!  Did you want to get a tattoo on your arm as well?

25 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Whoah, careful @Rush17 that's some expensive expletive you're throwing out there :o:P

25 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I don't disagree with you. I'm not meaning to hate on anybody.  There are people out there (I know many of them) who will dump on hockey and rip on canucks fans.  People who "used to be a canuck fan but they suck now and hockey is boring"  You just KNOW that those same people are going to be claiming to be lifers once Vancouver is good again 

Oh and I'll gladly sign some shirts for you!  Did you want to get a tattoo on your arm as well?

^^

I started watching hockey when Luongo first arrived in 2006. Maybe I was fortunate to witness the team grow stronger as time went on, and peaking in 2011, but I think this team can reach that golden age again.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I agree.  I rarely cr@p on anybody for bandwagoning unless they are being a @£$¥.

When I was little, I never understood why the Canucks don't win too many games in 80's and I never understood how they do not stay on the top and most of the time, when they do win games, it is short-lived at the top, from 3 to 4 years, not 10 years examples: 1991-1994, 2001-2004, 2009-2013.  IMO, the Canucks has the worst freefall in the history of hockey from 2012-present with virtually same core.    I hope that the next rebuilt Canucks will last for 8-10 years at the top, not short-lived.   

We have a good solid fan base in general. People gripe because they care. I kept my season tickets and I am excited about the next wave of prospects to cheer and watch grow with my kids like my dad did with me. I have said this in other forums but its largely the media that create such a negative and Debbie downer vibe regarding the team. Fans need to ignore the likes of B&tchford, Fatterson and Matt SwapA&$, Fake Mice, Dave Phatt, etc. 

Archived