The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

3 hours ago, TheInsideScoop said:

I haven't posted in a long time, but this drew me in. My lord, those must be some good bath salts lol

Agreed lol.  I also havent posted in a very long time but felt compelled after seeing that proposal.  For our sake I hope Nucktika is right and JB pulls it off.  I would love him longtime :)

On 2017-6-9 at 7:46 PM, Honky Cat said:

Kuzma on 1040 today stating that he does not think that JB will trade Tanev at the draft...So a bit of a back-pedal there from him (after he quoted his sources in Dallas earlier last week) ...I would like to see Tanev traded for the 3OA,but realistically..I don't see it happening.

He probably wants too much and teams are saying no thank you. Either that or waiting him out as a tanev NTC gets closers to reality. 

10 hours ago, ice orca said:

He probably wants too much and teams are saying no thank you. Either that or waiting him out as a tanev NTC gets closers to reality. 

The NTC is only 8 teams he won't go to. That means we have 22 teams to trade him to. It's basically a non factor.

It should actually make the other teams more anxious to get a deal done. Imagine waiting, playing hardball and then finding out tanev put the kibosh on your team.

3 hours ago, coryberg said:

The NTC is only 8 teams he won't go to. That means we have 22 teams to trade him to. It's basically a non factor.

It should actually make the other teams more anxious to get a deal done. Imagine waiting, playing hardball and then finding out tanev put the kibosh on your team.

Agreed.  Although it would be good to get a potential deal done before his MNTC kicks in, JB shouldn't feel much pressure to make a move now, as after July 1st there are still 22 teams to negotiate with.  Sounds like JB's got his poker face on.

Less than 2 weeks til draft day!  I feel like a kid counting the sleeps until xmas lol.

8 hours ago, coryberg said:

I think the anxiety is coming from this forum. So many people have it all figured out or so it seems. Nobody really knows what other GM'S are going to do, so far it's just rumor and speculation and what people hope will happen.

NJD

Sutter

Sbisa

2nd CBJ '17

VAN

1OA '17 - Patrick

DAL

Tanev

VAN

3OA '17 - Makar

Canucks draft:

1OA '17 - Patrick

3OA '17 - Makar

5OA '17 - Glass

BAERTSCHI - HORVAT - BOESER

GOLDOBIN - PATRICK - GLASS

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - GRANLUND

BOUCHER - GAUNCE - DORSETT

Virtanen

EDLER - STECHER

JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON

HUTTON - MAKAR

MILLER

MARKSTROM

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

NJD

Sutter

Sbisa

2nd CBJ '17

VAN

1OA '17 - Patrick

DAL

Tanev

VAN

3OA '17 - Makar

Canucks draft:

1OA '17 - Patrick

3OA '17

5OA '17

GOLDOBIN - PATRICK - VIRTANEN

EDLER - STETCHER

JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON

HUTTON - MAKAR

MILLER

MARKSTROM

Keep dreaming 

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

NJD

Sutter

Sbisa

2nd CBJ '17

VAN

1OA '17 - Patrick

DAL

Tanev

VAN

3OA '17 - Makar

Canucks draft:

1OA '17 - Patrick

3OA '17 - Makar

5OA '17 - Glass

Virtanen

EDLER - STECHER

JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON

HUTTON - MAKAR

MILLER

MARKSTROM

The trade proposals keep getting dumber by the day.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

NJD

Sutter

Sbisa

2nd CBJ '17

VAN

1OA '17 - Patrick

DAL

Tanev

VAN

3OA '17 - Makar

Canucks draft:

1OA '17 - Patrick

3OA '17 - Makar

5OA '17 - Glass

Virtanen

EDLER - STECHER

JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON

HUTTON - MAKAR

MILLER

MARKSTROM

Excuse me good sir,  but how ****ing stoned were you when you wrote these proposals out?

Keep Tanev and trade Edler and a 2nd for something worthwhile.

Idiot move to get rid of such a solid defenseman as Tanev the team will get bombarded with more shots and chances against.

Trading Edler will limit the shots and chances against its a no brainer.

7 minutes ago, Slap_Pass82 said:

Has anybody seen this ridiculous rumor RE trading Tanev for Seabrook?  I dont know why it bothers me so much its just a rumor but felt enraged as I read the article.

https://puckprose.com/2017/06/11/nhl-trade-rumor-seabrook-trade-block/

We're sending them Tanev and a prospect for a cap dump?

Lol. Seabrook still has game, but we'd be doing them a favor taking that contract. That comes with a price on their end, not ours.

If they want Tanev and a prospect in the deal, they better be sending back multiple picks and young players.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We're sending them Tanev and a prospect for a cap dump?

Lol. Seabrook still has game, but we'd be doing them a favor taking that contract. That comes with a price on their end, not ours.

If they want Tanev and a prospect in the deal, they better be sending back multiple picks and young players.

Yup.  I agree Seabrook is still good at what he does right now, but hes locked up at big bucks for another 7 years!  Who knows what he will become by age 39.  

They are talking Tanev + a prospect for Seabrook and perhaps Forsling.  Its just crazy.  I went off pretty good in the comments section lol.  

4 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Excuse me good sir,  but how ****ing stoned were you when you wrote these proposals out?

Elaborate on how these deals make no sense?

A deal for a weak 1OA which NJD has hinted they're interested in doing.

A deal for the 3OA which DAL has hinted they're interested in doing. I'll take a 3OA deal for Tanev any day over Seabrook. Seabrook's contract end in 7 years when he's 39 years old. The 3OA will be around 25 years old by then.

Trying hardest to retain the 5OA.

The last time the Canucks made a massive draft splash is in 1999 wheeling and dealing for the 2OA and the 3OA to draft the Sedins. That panned out very well. No one gets hurt here.

Archived