The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

One thing I regret was never having tried a quality scotch whiskey.  I stopped going out to bars and clubs at 30 years old and I'm not really a sit at home type of drinker.

There's a first time for everything, plus why would you order a 'quality' scotch at a club..grab a bottle and chill at home is the way to go for me.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Henry is gone to the Avs. I want Popugaev or Strome with our last 4th. Probably gonna head back to bed after our final pick in the round

Popugaev is gone.

17 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Funny, you just explained the reasons why I love it. 

I was more of a vodka drinker.  My 2 stand-by drinks were Long Island iced teas and ice picks.

Little known fact, a true long island iced tea isn't supposed to have any actual iced tea in it.

4 minutes ago, Inge34 said:

Nick Henry

Nikita Popugaev

Matthew Strome

Alex Chmelevski

Hard to believe that some of these guys are still around. Were all ranked in second round

I like Popugaev's size

Henry and Popugaev gone

3 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Rathbone is very elusive in the defensive zone, high end skater, what's not to like

1040 is talking about him having an offensive breakout in the USHL this year and him being a longer term college project. Thats just fine at this point in the draft for sure. Sounds like another high character kid as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Friedman posted this article on him:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2017/06/west_roxbury_nhl_prospect_jack_rathbone_has_priorities_in_right_place

Seems like a good kid, he wants to stay near home for his challenged younger brother. 

Good insight, Thanks for the post, Ossi.

Sounds a bit like Stecher?

Just now, nux4lyfe said:

There's a first time for everything, plus why would you order a 'quality' scotch at a club..grab a bottle and chill at home is the way to go for me.

I never did at the club and I rarely sat around in bars.  Even in the 90's-00's you'd look quite douchey sipping on a scotch at a dance club. :lol:

I almost never drink anymore, but some day I may grab a finger or two in a rock glass at a nice restaurant.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I was more of a vodka drinker.  My 2 stand-by drinks were Long Island iced teas and ice picks.

Little known fact, a true long island iced tea isn't supposed to have any actual iced tea in it.

isn't that like "lake trout" in Baltimore? its anything but 

Can't argue with players who have elite skating, smarts, and compete.

Puck skills are developed more thoroughly in the NCAA than any other league in my opinion. His decision making will be on full display as HArvard plays a very structured game.

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

isn't that like "lake trout" in Baltimore? its anything but 

You lost me.  I've never heard of that drink.  I was just always annoyed that almost every bartender that I ever ordered from would splash some iced tea in my glass every time.