The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Agents do a good job teaching the kids on what to say these days.  A couple drafts ago I remember the commentators talking about how part of the agent's job these days is to coach them up on what they'll need to say during their team interviews and what to say after being drafted.

true, but even still they sound like decent kids and they are giving some answers beyond the boiler plate stuff. And some of them have some pretty compelling personal stories. 

Edited by S'all Good Man

Looks like Jonah Gadjovich may become a Canuck fan favourite.  Not only can he score he can also drop the gloves and lay down some nasty right hands. He looks like the missing piece from our top 9.  If he can go to the BO school of power skating and improve his foot speed he could be a beauty...

Edited by Harvey Spector
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

Looks like Jonah Gadjovich may become a Canuck fan favourite.  Not only can he score he can also drop the gloves and lay down some nasty right hands. He looks like the missing piece from our top 9.  If he can go to the BO school of power skating and improve his foot speed he could be a beauty...

A little Kassian in him

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

true, but even still they sound like decent kids and they are giving some answers beyond the boiler plate stuff. And some of them have some pretty compelling personal stories. 

I do enjoy learning of their backgrounds.  You'd think that the Canucks did also and used that in their decision making as well.

Some good Russian players from the Quebec league still left. I dont mind taking Russians who have chosen to come over to North American for junior

Ivan Chekhovich

Philipp Kurashev

Yaroslav Alexeyev

Pavel Koltygin

Maxim Mizyurin

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I do enjoy learning of their backgrounds.  You'd think that the Canucks did also and used that in their decision making as well.

oh for sure they did. Its one of the things Linden is actually brining to the team, maybe far more than anything else, is trying to develop a character-based group. Adding some of these guys to Bo, Boeser, etc. is great to me. 

• Upvote 2