The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

If he goes on a monstrous run in the finals, he could be ahead of both Henrik and Daniel. But I don't think he will catch Axel Holmstrom. I looked up Holmstrom. He is a 7th round pick of the Red Wings in 2014. He averages less than 0.5 PPG in the SHL and AHL regular seasons, but that one playoffs he had in 2014-15 was more of a surprise. Looking at his stats, he seems to raise his game in the playoffs.

Doesn’t need a monstrousrun really, if he just Keeps up with himself and his 1+PPG he Will be up there 

Jesus, is it possible that this kid might really be this good?  I suppose a lot of his ability to transition to the NHL will ride on the makeup of the team.  Is he going to have skilled enough players to, not only play with, but who will be able to take some matchups away from him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

Elias with an absolute beauty in OT to complete the sweep!!

Other angle:

I love how he holds his edge on his blade just long enough to tap it in then jumps off it. That is insane control of his body. He's got a great core like one of you mentioned.  His assist eariler in the day was nuts too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Isam said:

I think ep40 wants to win just maybe

Jim has gotten us a lot of big game performers. Pettersson, Dahlen, Boeser, Stecher, Horvat. They all show up when it's on the biggest stage of them all. That will be huge when we get back to the big show.  #stellar

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Jim has gotten us a lot of big game performers. Pettersson, Dahlen, Boeser, Stecher, Horvat. They all show up when it's on the biggest stage of them all. That will be huge when we get back to the big show.  #stellar

:lol: i forgot Juolevi lol

He is just as game and excels when it matters most. Gaudette did the same in the Beanpot final.

Edited by Rush17

41 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Doesn’t need a monstrousrun really, if he just Keeps up with himself and his 1+PPG he Will be up there 

Because his team is so dominant, they probably wins the final in less than 6 games. Fewer games played means he will have fewer chances to pass the Sedins. 

43 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jesus, is it possible that this kid might really be this good?  I suppose a lot of his ability to transition to the NHL will ride on the makeup of the team.  Is he going to have skilled enough players to, not only play with, but who will be able to take some matchups away from him?

Put him with Horvat and Boeser it will be magic. Horvat creates space with his speed and size and can do the dirty work along the boards. Boeser has those elite instincts to be exactly where he needs to be and demands the respect of defenders. Add Petterssons elite hockey IQ and skill to the mix and watch the &^@# out. Pettersson will have lots of space to work his magic

1 minute ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Put him with Horvat and Boeser it will be magic. Horvat creates space with his speed and size and can do the dirty work along the boards. Boeser has those elite instincts to be exactly where he needs to be and demands the respect of defenders. Add Petterssons elite hockey IQ and skill to the mix and watch the &^@# out. Pettersson will have lots of space to work his magic

Is there enough offensive depth to take some of the pressure off that line though?  The matchups are going to be far far beyond anything he's ever experienced.  I think that Boes and EP need to be on different lines, to avoid opposing teams from loading up a checking line to go against them.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/BJqwWl/wennerholm-malet-fick-mig-att-tappa-hakan

"the goal that made my jaw drop"

an article about Pettersson and his hockey IQ and hot Mats was SURE that it would be Pettersson that scored the gamewinner.... 

An article on how EP was the difference between the teams and how insane his hockey IQ is.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I would start him out on sheltered minutes on the 2nd and 3rd lines. But have him on the 1st unit PP,  EP and Boeser on the PP? It'll be insane. A sniper on each wing? Goalies are going to got crazy trying to stop them both.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would start him out on sheltered minutes on the 2nd and 3rd lines. But have him on the 1st unit PP,  EP and Boeser on the PP? It'll be insane. A sniper on each wing? Goalies are going to got crazy trying to stop them both.

PP1 is going to be what next year?

my guess

BB6 BH53 EP

AE23  SB47

That leaves Gaudette, dahlen, Virtanen, leipsic, Juolevi and more not on the first pp

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

PP1 is going to be what next year?

my guess

BB6 BH53 EP

AE23  SB47

That leaves Gaudette, dahlen, Virtanen, leipsic, Juolevi and more not on the first pp

If we win the lottery SB47 might have to come out :towel: but there are the makings of a very good 2nd unit.

ps we need a Viking clap emoji

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Here is part of the translation I got from that article:

He got Malmö's marked goalkeeper Jonas Gunnarsson to go to buy sausage, when he placed the match 2-1

Well, Pettersson definitely did make him 'buy the sausage' with that move. 

Edited by richado

57 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Because his team is so dominant, they probably wins the final in less than 6 games. Fewer games played means he will have fewer chances to pass the Sedins. 

The games played looks like 9 for Pettersson and 13 for the twins.  So if they win 4-0 they would of played the same number of games I believe.  Maybe I misread it.

52 minutes ago, stawns said:

Is there enough offensive depth to take some of the pressure off that line though?  The matchups are going to be far far beyond anything he's ever experienced.  I think that Boes and EP need to be on different lines, to avoid opposing teams from loading up a checking line to go against them.

I'm actually interested to see the possibility of Boeser and EP together on a sheltered '2nd' line that gets the twins old ozone starts etc. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, stawns said:

It happened to Boeser and Horvat anyway this year and they managed fine. They'd do even better with Pettersson.

I'd say long run it would be best if Pettersson ends up a center and they are separated to create scoring depth and matchup problems for opposition. 

For next year and until Pettersson is strong enough to carry the play he'll need a safe place to be with linemates that can do the heavy lifting and create space for him and Horvat and Boeser would be perfect for that.

36 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Here is part of the translation I got from that article:

He got Malmö's marked goalkeeper Jonas Gunnarsson to go to buy sausage, when he placed the match 2-1

He got Malmös Great goalkeeper Jonas Gunnarsson to "go for a sausage" when he scored the deciding 2-1 puck. 

Dont know if there is any "go for a sausage"  quote in english? 

He made him so unaware of what happened he might aswell be at the hot dog stand.. :blink::huh:

• Cheers 2