The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Please don't spread "fake news".  There is NO bullying happening here and it's offensive to suggest there is.

Fans are allowed to be critical - these forums are based on sharing "opinions" - both good and bad.

Personally, I don't slam LE but understand why there has been some frustration and it's not all unwarranted.  But it is more difficult than those who criticize often understand.  And Loui truly DOES do a lot of little things but we only look for highlight reel at times.

This team understands and supports, more than many, the psychological aspect of the game.  Please don't state something that isn't true.  Character and integrity have been in the forefront for some time now (forever in my viewpoint).   There's a reason for that...they "get it".  That it's important to put players of quality in place.

Fans/management do understand from what I've seen.  I'm not convinced you do, as it seems to me this underlying "never good enough" theme and dissatisfaction.  But it's just not fair in my view.

This team has the luxury of many things that others do not (or, at the very least, have caught onto long after the fact).  They have state of the art equipment room, sleep doctors, a very focused and concentrated program that they suppport in "Mind Check", etc.

I really don't like insinuations being made that there isn't enough attention paid to the well being of the players.  Hogwash.

This thread, of all threads, should be positive.  Petey is a bright light and we don't need the shadows being cast here.  There are plenty of options to "complain"....just not in Wonderkid's thread please/thanks.

Teams HAVE to be critical at times and make decisions that don't always suit the fans.  But their investment in the team is matched to our emotional investment...of course they care.  Their jobs/livlihood depend on it.

It's very good for this forum to have such a decent and respectful poster as you. You are one of the best posters I've seen on different forums so don't take my words/opinion personally.

You know I don't like Benning after what he did against Dahlen. 

Think for a while what Petey thought inside when a best friend of him is getting such hatred from fans due to Bennings way of handle the fairly difficult situation. 

I can promise you that one of the things that led to Peteys fatigue/goaldry was that incident. 

I'm talking about what the GM for the whole canucks did... If he makes such a big psychological mistake, do you understand why I have a bad view of the HR/psychology inside the canuck organisation?

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Do you have to provide a non-sequitur trollish comment on every positive thread/post on CDC?    You have managed to bring Green/Benning into most any thread that you can.   Point?  There are plenty of Green/Benning trash threads you can wallow with your ilk in but some people like to actually follow the Canucks for the good stuff inclusive of a budding superstar who is a better person.    

I hope you "attack" every single poster that brings in players they don't like in every single thread here... I put my focus on a completely different aspect and that is man management. Wich seems to be very bad in Canada. 

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It's very good for this forum to have such a decent and respectful poster as you. You are one of the best posters I've seen on different forums so don't take my words/opinion personally.

You know I don't like Benning after what he did against Dahlen. 

Think for a while what Petey thought inside when a best friend of him is getting such hatred from fans due to Bennings way of handle the fairly difficult situation. 

I can promise you that one of the things that led to Peteys fatigue/goaldry was that incident. 

I'm talking about what the GM for the whole canucks did... If he makes such a big psychological mistake, do you understand why I have a bad view of the HR/psychology inside the canuck organisation?

Thank you for the kind words.  And I, too, respect your opinion because we all have them and they will differ at times.

I don't think you give Petey enough credit though...as a professional.  I think his fatigue was, quite honestly, just due to a grueling schedule (that included an All Star stint) and wasn't as emotional as it was physical.  He got thrown into the spotlight here and it can be an emotional roller coaster on its own...having to contend with the relentless media, etc.  He seems to be so well balanced, mature and insightful that I can't imagine him being rattled by events that are every day occurrences in hockey.  Friends do get traded and I think he understands and accepts that.   You have to ... as a professional player it will happen more often than not.

I am so in awe of this kid that I just don't see any cracks of emotional instability or "weakness".  I feel he's a warrior and true champion who will contend with whatever is thrown at him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

If only people(Green, Benning) tries to understand how bad behaviour(egoism, bullying etc) affect Petey. A big No if everyone want Petey to give 100% and focus on hockey. 

So the rotten fans that bully Loui Eriksson attack Petey also. 

I've asked why fans/management don't seem to understand how important psychology is. Human relations is one of the important keys for winning. 

Hey Eriksson. Stop trolling these boards and waive your goddamn clause so that you don't have to deal with all the bullying.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I hope you "attack" every single poster that brings in players they don't like in every single thread here... I put my focus on a completely different aspect and that is man management. Wich seems to be very bad in Canada. 

Attack?   That is all you are doing in every thread you are in about things that have NOTHING to do with that thread.   First of all, I am not in Canada so not sure what you are on about.   Second, you seem to be here on behalf of a player who is not only not part of the Canuck organizations, has had issues with his new organization already too so why not go pester their fanbase as the Canucks fans have long moved on.

If you really are trying to address "man management", go to those threads and knock yourself out and leave the positive ones about the great players IN the Canucks organization to those who wish to discuss such.   If you are really from Sweden BTW, you sure seem to lack background on the very player you seem to be here solely on behalf of.   

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thank you for the kind words.  And I, too, respect your opinion because we all have them and they will differ at times.

I don't think you give Petey enough credit though...as a professional.  I think his fatigue was, quite honestly, just due to a grueling schedule (that included an All Star stint) and wasn't as emotional as it was physical.  He got thrown into the spotlight here and it can be an emotional roller coaster on its own...having to contend with the relentless media, etc.  He seems to be so well balanced, mature and insightful that I can't imagine him being rattled by events that are every day occurrences in hockey.  Friends do get traded and I think he understands and accepts that.   You have to ... as a professional player it will happen more often than not.

I am so in awe of this kid that I just don't see any cracks of emotional instability or "weakness".  I feel he's a warrior and true champion who will contend with whatever is thrown at him.

Kid was a rock at WHC.   Manufactured drama is unreal with this franchise and its "fans".   

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

you seem to be here on behalf of a player who is not only not part of the Canuck organizations, has had issues with his new organization already too so why not go pester their fanbase

Goodness me, is there anyone on this forum that understands what I talk about when I say Benning did a bad thing when he badmouthed Dahlen? 

It is not about Dahlen... Dou you understand that now or shall I say it again? 

• Wat 1

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I've asked why fans/management don't seem to understand how important psychology is. Human relations is one of the important keys for winning. 

4 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

The Canucks have a sports psychologist on their medical staff.

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Sports psychologist sounds like it is more about goal projection etc... But it's better than nothing. 

Do you really not understand how truly ridiculous your responses are here? Just exactly what type of psychologist do you believe a sports team should hire? Maybe a child psychologist or a forensic psychologist?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow, Canucks not only have this amazing hockey talent that appears to be even a better human than he is a hockey player, they seemingly have a player who as a kid was "Home Alone".    Didn't recognize this until now......

lol that's the first thing I thought of "is that Macaulay Culkin?" lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Goodness me, is there anyone on this forum that understands what I talk about when I say Benning did a bad thing when he badmouthed Dahlen? 

It is not about Dahlen... Dou you understand that now or shall I say it again? 

You really don't get it do you.   BTW, EP40 is quite the player.   :)

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Do you really not understand how truly ridiculous your responses are here? Just exactly what type of psychologist do you believe a sports team should hire? Maybe a child psychologist or a forensic psychologist?

I’m not sure why you call my response (“the Canucks have a sports psychologist on medical staff”) ridiculous. Could you please elaborate. 

25 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I’m not sure why you call my response (“the Canucks have a sports psychologist on medical staff”) ridiculous. Could you please elaborate. 

I believe that reply was to Timrafan.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Do you mean when Benning explained why he felt the need to trade Dahlen? Rather than leaving the fans to speculate on the reasons (like is he a locker room cancer, or is it drug addiction, pedophilia or what)? No, nobody but you understands, so why don't you jam your nonsense down our throats again for the hundredth time?

Benning is a GM. He is the head of the organisation. He is paid to be a diplomat. Not an instigator. He is there to put out anything that is beginning to burst out in flames. 

If he failes, what signal that about the whole organisation? 

Is the sports psychologist any good when the GM can't be diplomatic? 

• Wat 1

10 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

A good one?

Learn something from Deb instead of copy/paste. Read, understand, elaborate....