The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

The part I don't understand is how this blatant troll managed to get 93 upvotes. His posts are so ridiculous that I would think even his fellow trolls would be embarrassed to support him.

Maybe a dupe account lol 

20 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Goodness me, is there anyone on this forum that understands what I talk about when I say Benning did a bad thing when he badmouthed Dahlen? 

It is not about Dahlen... Dou you understand that now or shall I say it again? 

JB didn't bad mouth Dahlen though.  What did you interpret as bad mouth stuff that JB said about Dahlen?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

JB didn't bad mouth Dahlen though.  What did you interpret as bad mouth stuff that JB said about Dahlen?  

I'm sure Benning was pretty disappointed in how things went, the last thing he would have wanted to do is trade Dahlen. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm sure Benning was pretty disappointed in how things went, the last thing he would have wanted to do is trade Dahlen. 

I think I remember JB trading Dahlen (and other players like McCann) and saying that those players were good, but it was necessary to move them to improve the overall outlook of the team, as he sees it?

Just now, Alflives said:

I think I remember JB trading Dahlen (and other players like McCann) and saying that those players were good, but it was necessary to move them to improve the overall outlook of the team, as he sees it?

its his call. Sometimes people don't fit in an organization, but some people just need to view someone as the bad guy in a situation. Dahlen was just not a good fit for this organization. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Benning's comments in an article from Vancouver Courier on 27 Feb:

“I find young players now, sometimes they don’t want to pay their dues in development time, they just want to be given an NHL opportunity right off the start,” he said. “We just felt that there was some development left in his game before he’s ready to be given an NHL opportunity and we felt he wasn’t there yet and I guess that’s kind of where the discrepancy on what they thought and what we thought where he was happened.”

Sounds like JB felt Dahlen had a sense of entitlement. 

3 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

“I find young players now, sometimes they don’t want to pay their dues in development time, they just want to be given an NHL opportunity right off the start,” he said. “We just felt that there was some development left in his game before he’s ready to be given an NHL opportunity and we felt he wasn’t there yet and I guess that’s kind of where the discrepancy on what they thought and what we thought where he was happened.”

That doesn't sound like JB is bad mouthing him.  It sounds more like a disagreement. :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fan since 82 said:

That doesn't sound so bad.  JB felt Dahlen needed more AHL time, so he traded him for a younger player, who might develop a bit better.  

2 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

That doesn't sound like JB is bad mouthing him.  It sounds more like a disagreement. :)

If you read the whole article (sorry I didn't post in it's entirety) the reporters are saying that JB is just speculating. I don't really know, and I guess we'll never really know the full detail of what went down. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, Alflives said:

That doesn't sound so bad.  JB felt Dahlen needed more AHL time, so he traded him for a younger player, who might develop a bit better.  

It wasn't so bad but as GM he needs to be more diplomatic and say something the fans can't take and run hate with it. 

Dahlen got a lot of hatred because fans looked at him as a diva or someone who didn't want to go through AHL. 

If Benning had been more careful with his words it had stayed with only speculation from the fans. Not as bad as it turned out to be. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how I can find out what skate sharpening radius Petey uses? 

I've searched all over online and can't find anything... Really curious and would love to test out w.e he's using 

Penguins released their full rosters skate sharpen radius for 2016... Not sure why the Canucks don't release these... So much for fan engagement?