The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

47 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Guaranteed top 4 is good enough for me.  Dahlin would be nice but I trust Benning to make the right call no matter what our spot is.  Really hoping we can pick up a late 1st at the deadline

Remember how frustrated people were that we only got the 5th overall pick?  I'd take Pettersson over any of his draft class right now.

guaranteed top 4 is good but i dunno man pettersson looks like a good pick.. but virtanen is still looking meh.. i know he's still super young and shows flashes here and there once in a while.. kinda reminds me of kassian before he was traded from buffalo.. and juolevi jury is still out.. benning seems to do better when he's not picking top 5 lol i mean he deviated from the best player available twice already in picking virtanen (may or may not be owner influence we'll never know) and juolevi when tkatchuk was still available.. sure you might all hit him now and bash on him coz he's on the lames.. but if he was on your team you'd be raving about him all day and night right along with boeser.. i'd always say pick the best player available even if it doesn't fit the organization need.. coz at the end of the day.. if you pick the best player available and he turns out good.. you can always trade from your strength to strengthen your weakness.

9 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Just saw this up on YouTube! 17 minute compilation of Elias Pettersson’s game today! He looked great and with some better finish from his teammates could have easily had another 2 assists. From this highlight package Dahlin and Lias Andersson also looked good. Wasn’t very impressed with Alex Nylander.

Head is always up! 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I still like both the Virt and the Juolevi picks and think they both could have been considered the BPA at that spot. 

i don't think Juolevi and Tkatchuk at the time was that huge of a difference i guess but majority would have put Tkatchuk ahead of Juolevi i mean seeing Juolevi making progress this year is consolation but having that big mean nasty player on our team that can score and also dissuade other players from running ours wouldn't be bad to have in tkatchuk... i mean Virtanen is suppose to fill that role.. but he seems to shy away from the physical play.. Virtanen pick i don't agree with based on his junior stats alone i don't think warrants to even be in the top 10. he was all over the place on majority of the rankings and i hardly consider him bpa at his spot based on skill alone.

1 hour ago, blackpluto96 said:

There is a pretty big difference between mean/gritty and dirty. Being suspended 3 times already, I'd prefer to stay away from someone like that, especially at top 5 pick.

aside from the elbow which warranted a suspension.. the other 2 suspension is more of being an agitator.. something Kesler and Burrows used to always do except they usually don't get suspended coz they know how to walk the grey area.. i wouldn't really consider that dirty.. tapping the ankle of a player leaving the ice and poking players with your stick on the bench.. watch the video of the so call spear.. it's more of a poke.. spearing would be a bit of a stretch.. he's an agitator that's his role and style. he's walking the fine line still trying to figure out what he can and can't do while pissing off the other team.. i wouldn't go as far as calling him dirty.. that's more a marchand 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Political?

Rodin was out for the entire season last year with a devastating knee injury. He has been repeatedly injured in NA and not just minor injuries. 

He has had the worst luck, likely will never reach his full potential due to said injuries and that’s what kept him from the NHL. 

Being MVP of the SEL is no joke. The guy can play, but it just didn’t work out in NA. 

Thats not politics, that’s reality.  

As for EP, he’s doing what Rodin did at 26 as an 18 y/o. That’s an entirely different situation and it’s foolish to compare the two. 

This is the EP thread...I will not be discussing Rodin here anymore....

The kids will prevail....if we let them....

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't think Juolevi and Tkatchuk at the time was that huge of a difference i guess but majority would have put Tkatchuk ahead of Juolevi i mean seeing Juolevi making progress this year is consolation but having that big mean nasty player on our team that can score and also dissuade other players from running ours wouldn't be bad to have in tkatchuk... i mean Virtanen is suppose to fill that role.. but he seems to shy away from the physical play.. Virtanen pick i don't agree with based on his junior stats alone i don't think warrants to even be in the top 10. he was all over the place on majority of the rankings and i hardly consider him bpa at his spot based on skill alone.

Just to note, Tkachuk is getting prime minutes and linemates, Jake is getting the opposite and has nearly the same goal total. Why draft Tkachuk when we have a Virt, Boeser and Horvat. Plus JB addded Gadjovich whom is like a less asshole version of Tkachuk and has just as good of not better nose for the net in the OHL. 

We need D men and OJ will be a stalwart on our blue line for a decade. Think Edler, with better skating, passing with less physical play. Essentially OJ is what Edler could have been if he had a brain. 

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast
  • Upvote 4