The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I agree.

Petey's game is all about instinct and hockey IQ to control the game. It's hard to pull off plays when the timing just isn't there and even if you're a half second off beat. 

Especially considering the fact that reading the game is his bread and butter.

He’s been coached/groomed and if it’s the right way to go with Petey, I don’t know.

I would have taken Peteys strengths and then build the line round him instead of rebuilding Petey.

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

He’s been coached/groomed and if it’s the right way to go with Petey, I don’t know.

I would have taken Peteys strengths and then build the line round him instead of rebuilding Petey.

I don't agree with this.  It seems to me that your bias against the management of this team taints your opinions.

Pete is struggling due to a lack of hockey in the previous season and a lack of preseason this year.  He needs more time to get his game back, which will happen during the present home game stint. 

The lotto line has been a great partnership Pete.  Even missing 2 games is having an effect on Brock.  The NHL is a fast and furious game, so injuries and missing games can easily put a player off his game.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I don't agree with this.  It seems to me that your bias against the management of this team taints your opinions.

Pete is struggling due to a lack of hockey in the previous season and a lack of preseason this year.  He needs more time to get his game back, which will happen during the present home game stint. 

The lotto line has been a great partnership Pete.  Even missing 2 games is having an effect on Brock.  The NHL is a fast and furious game, so injuries and missing games can easily put a player off his game.

Petey has struggled more than the beginning of this season…

Just now, JM_ said:

Petey is a phenom. Once he finds his timing again he'll be a beast. 

Definately, but he works a lot more in defence now. So it takes a toll til his body gets stronger. 
But I would still build the top line around Peteys mind than Greens statistics.

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Definately, but he works a lot more in defence now. So it takes a toll til his body gets stronger. 

I like that Petey is a good 2 way player, its critical for the playoffs. He'll get there, Green has very little to do with it. 

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I just mean Petey has so much internal drive and skill that I'm not sure Green can do much but let Petey work it out himself. 

If the instructions contradict Peteys natural interna drive and skill it can take some time and that is what I’m talking about. 
Do you remember when Miller ”learnt” Petey? 
That is hilarious.

jesis the season hasnt even reached 10 games and its like doomsday. Let the team come together, the players establish their actual potential and then let them evolve during the season. its not like last season where we started with 11 losses on the first 17 games. as long as petey keeps working hard and does those little things right id say hes gonna have a good season. u cant say anything when u havent even reached the first 10 games of the season. 

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I'd say he works a lot less on Defense now then his rookie year he was like a dog on a bone now he plays hot potato.

2 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

jesis the season hasnt even reached 10 games and its like doomsday. Let the team come together, the players establish their actual potential and then let them evolve during the season. its not like last season where we started with 11 losses on the first 17 games. as long as petey keeps working hard and does those little things right id say hes gonna have a good season. u cant say anything when u havent even reached the first 10 games of the season. 

Well this is the problem he doesn't look like he's working hard, at least not like he used to.

3 hours ago, thrago said:

Well this is the problem he doesn't look like he's working hard, at least not like he used to.

And it’s now you should question what Greens coaching does to Petey. Get it?

But it’s too early to tell what the end result is.

if the end result is a new Foppa Forsberg all of us will be happy. 

57 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Glad to see that Pettersson stopped reading articles. Hopefully the majority of players on the team do the same. 

many teams are advised not to use/read social media  and media in general. the stability and mental state of the team and players can easily get influenced since these days even a negative comment from a complete unknows stranger can have an impact. sad to see how much socail media has as impact in society. makes u wonder how many fans from other teams are trolling on other forums to try and achieve a form of psychological negative effect to "help their own team"... or someone that simply doesnt like a type of player for that matter. its like ppl are forgetting its just an opinion from someone unknown. 

Just now, Mrwipeout said:

many teams are advised not to use/read social media  and media in general. the stability and mental state of the team and players can easily get influenced since these days even a negative comment from a complete unknows stranger can have an impact. sad to see how much socail media has as impact in society. makes u wonder how many fans from other teams are trolling on other forums to try and achieve a form of psychological negative effect to "help their own team"... or someone that simply doesnt like a type of player for that matter. its like ppl are forgetting its just an opinion from someone unknown. 

Most social media is deranged, to say the least. I agree that younger players should avoid that crap like the plague. It does nothing for anyone. Society is nothing more than a conglomeration of ideas and practices, and it's always ripe for being influenced. I've always taken the approach of not taking anything that someone else says about me personally. It's their opinion and I choose whether or not I want to accept it and believe it, or whether to ignore it. Most of the time, I ignore it as it's merely someone else's perspective that is usually skewed by their shortcomings. 

I'd love for a solar flare to torch all communications for a month. Would be interesting to see how those who're fully submersed in social media manage without it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

14 hours ago, Timråfan said:

And it’s now you should question what Greens coaching does to Petey. Get it?

But it’s too early to tell what the end result is.

if the end result is a new Foppa Forsberg all of us will be happy. 

I'm not a big Green supporter but I doubt that Green has told Petey to play with less effort.  This is all on Petey IMO when you demand to be paid the most and miss Preseason and part of exhibition, you best come out playing like a Tasmanian Devil, but he's playing more like a lamb out there.  The way I see it is that if your going to demand the money which he did you need to show up ready to earn it which he didn't and as long as he is cashing the cheques excuses don't count.  

5 minutes ago, thrago said:

I'm not a big Green supporter but I doubt that Green has told Petey to play with less effort.  This is all on Petey IMO when you demand to be paid the most and miss Preseason and part of exhibition, you best come out playing like a Tasmanian Devil, but he's playing more like a lamb out there.  The way I see it is that if your going to demand the money which he did you need to show up ready to earn it which he didn't and as long as he is cashing the cheques excuses don't count.  

Petey isn’t an energizer bunny. 
Petey has relied on his creativity and free role in offence.

Now the demand is that he behaves like a 200 foot 1st C.

That difference explains most of it but not all. 

11 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Petey isn’t an energizer bunny. 
Petey has relied on his creativity and free role in offence.

Now the demand is that he behaves like a 200 foot 1st C.

That difference explains most of it but not all. 

Well Petey was an excellent defensive player his first year and now he's not so I guess he just got old?  I can forgive the lack of points I understand that points come in bunches and its a matter of milometers, it's his lack of passion and effort disturbs me.  Last year was the same no passion.

Edited by thrago