Canucks Community

Future 1st line?

Hortankin

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I like our top 9 if everyone pans out:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Virtanen-Pettersson-Dahlen

Goldobin-Gaudette-Granlund

Would have liked Vilardi and Tkachuk as our future top line...instead they will be stapling Pettersson and Dahlen to the boards for years to come.

Soft as butter compared to Vilardi and Tkachuk who are players who have the whole package...size, skill and fierce below the hash marks.

Just think...we could have had both Tkachuk and Vilardi...ffs.

Jimbo must go.

9 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Would have liked Vilardi and Tkachuk as our future top line...instead they will be stapling Pettersson and Dahlen to the boards for years to come.

Soft as butter compared to Vilardi and Tkachuk who are players who have the whole package...size, skill and fierce below the hash marks.

Just think...we could have had both Tkachuk and Vilardi...ffs.

Jimbo must go.

Vilardi's not a potential 1st liner and lacks high-end skill.  He went about where I had him ranked.  Pettersson actually has talent and doesn't skate like he's been drinking cement straight from the mixer.  Can't wait to see Virtanen run Vilardi over because he's too slow to get out of the way.

Tkachuk I wouldn't have minded and preferred him at the draft but Juolevi is the best D prospect we've had since Bourdon (RIP). 

Benning's done real well with his drafting.  I can't remember a better looking prospect pool in my lifetime as a Canucks fan.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Vilardi's not a potential 1st liner and lacks high-end skill.  He went about where I had him ranked.  Pettersson actually has talent and doesn't skate like he's been drinking cement straight from the mixer.  Can't wait to see Virtanen run Vilardi over because he's too slow to get out of the way.

Tkachuk I wouldn't have minded and preferred him at the draft but Juolevi is the best D prospect we've had since Bourdon (RIP). 

Benning's done real well with his drafting.  I can't remember a better looking prospect pool in my lifetime as a Canucks fan.

Don't disagree with you that the prospect pool hasn't looked this good for many years but it had better look good with the low finishes the team has had.  I don't mind the picks made by JB so hoping they pan out over the next few years.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Vilardi will prove you wrong, not me...not only will he be in the NHL 3 years before Pettersson, but he will be a force to contend with in the Ozone.

Very disappointing picks in the last two drafts at 5 OA

Dahlen - Pettersson - Virtanen would be a pretty nice line assuming they all reach or surpass expectations. Some size, decent overall speed, skill is there for all 3. Then we can have Baercheese - Bo - Brock 1A/1B whatever you wanna call it. I am really liking our prospect pool, sure we might not have a lot of "big" name players but that doesn't mean they can't win of compete for the Cup one day. Again, assuming they reach or surpass their potential. Dahlen has already proven to be a overlooked player from his draft class. Jake just needs some extra guidance and maybe a shot. Pettersson definitely has the potential to be the most offensively gifted player from the draft, but is looked at as riskier than Vilardi/Glass. I am very intrigued to see this team grow. 

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Vilardi will prove you wrong, not me...not only will he be in the NHL 3 years before Pettersson, but he will be a force to contend with in the Ozone.

I was very pro-Vilardi leading up to the draft, but he must've fallen for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

A lot of other GM's passed on him for a reason.  The guy simply isn't talented enough to put up points sin the NHL and is going to a Malhotra type player.  He only produced in Junior because he physically matured at a younger age,

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Pettersson will prove you wrong.

I don't think so. Vilardi showed what he is made of in the Memorial Cup (one of the youngest players in the draft class)...he will be comparable to a Shane Doan or a Jerome Iginla or a Getzlaf while Petersson will be similar to a Tomas Gradin....rather have a Doan, Iginla or Getzlaf.

Just now, Pete M said:

I don't think so. Vilardi showed what he is made of in the Memorial Cup (one of the youngest players in the draft class)...he will be comparable to a Shane Doan or a Jerome Iginla or a Getzlaf while Petersson will be similar to a Tomas Gradin....rather have a Doan, Iginla or Getzlaf.

Ahh, well if you say it's true, then it must be true.

:rolleyes:

We now have some good offensive young prospects and the odds are a lot better that three of them will eventually click to the point that they take over the #1 role. It's still a ways down the road but, the future is looking brighter. We get another good prospect at 33 tomorrow as well and who knows with the rest of the picks. Slowly but surely they are building a talented team.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seems like you're almost hoping Pettersson busts out and Vilardi is better than him...

Interesting.

No, I was strongly for Vilardi and Tkachuk because they would have made the Canucks a force to contend with along with Bo

If Pettersson pans out great, but he is small and soft for the NHL game and may not pan out...I know Vilardi and Tkachuk will make it in the NHL and will be a force to contend with for years to come...would rather have them wearing the blue and green more than Pettersson and OJ. It's my opinion...take it or leave it...but watch a learn what is going to happen and remember this conversation.

Just now, Pete M said:

No, I was strongly for Vilardi and Tkachuk because they would have made the Canucks a force to contend with along with Bo

If Pettersson pans out great, but he is small and soft for the NHL game and may not pan out...I know Vilardi and Tkachuk will make it in the NHL and will be a force to contend with for years to come...would rather have them wearing the blue and green more than Pettersson and OJ. It's my opinion...take it or leave it...but watch a learn what is going to happen and remember this conversation.

tumblr_o3y7tzPVqr1qfx0b8o1_500.gif

:rolleyes:

Archived