The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

15 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Well, so far 2-2 in Owen Sound versus London.

Early winners and losers:

Winner: Evan Bouchard with one primary assist

Losers: Gadjovich and McKenzie with no points and no shots so far

Winner: Gadjovich stepped in for a faceoff and won the draw

Losers: both goalies giving up 2 goals on their first 7 shots faced

Winner:  Owen Sound though it was closer than it should have been.   Gadjovich had four shots and was even on the night but missed two glorious opportunities that he should have likely buried.    Looks like London played underdog role perfectly but one wonders if they can keep it up as the ice was very tilted at times.

Noticed OS swept London.  Every game decided by one goal.  JG held pointless.   I'm not necessarily concerned by lack of points but curious as to why a well over ppg player in the reg season hasn't scored a single point in 4 playoff games yet with his team winning every game?  Injury,  tighter checking games, different deployment by coaching staff,  sheer bad puck-luck so far....?

Again,  not concerned,  just curious?  

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Noticed OS swept London.  Every game decided by one goal.  JG held pointless.   I'm not necessarily concerned by lack of points but curious as to why a well over ppg player in the reg season hasn't scored a single point in 4 playoff games yet with his team winning every game?  Injury,  tighter checking games, different deployment by coaching staff,  sheer bad puck-luck so far....?

Again,  not concerned,  just curious?  

I think it’s mostly just puck luck. He’s still getting a lot of shots on goal. They’re just not going in yet.

A couple games his line got a bit shutdown. Of course, shutting down a line like that takes effort and minutes from the opposition best players. Which probably opens up room for the McKenzie line.

But last game, Gadjovich had something like 7 SOG and looked poised to break through and start scoring.

He’s still a factor, even when not putting up points. Makes a constant nuisance of himself in front of the net, brings some sandpaper, gets into scrums, roughs it up, and generally agitates the opposition.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he scores a bunch in the next round.

For now, it’s been Brett McKenzie who’s really stood out. 4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points, +4, 21 SOG in 4 GP in these playoffs.

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think it’s mostly just puck luck. He’s still getting a lot of shots on goal. They’re just not going in yet.

A couple games his line got a bit shutdown. Of course, shutting down a line like that takes effort and minutes from the opposition best players. Which probably opens up room for the McKenzie line.

But last game, Gadjovich had something like 7 SOG and looked poised to break through and start scoring.

He’s still a factor, even when not putting up points. Makes a constant nuisance of himself in front of the net, brings some sandpaper, gets into scrums, roughs it up, and generally agitates the opposition.

For now, it’s been Brett McKenzie who’s really stood out. 4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points, +4, 21 SOG in 4 GP in these playoffs.

Cheers SID - I figured a player of his calibre would be contributing on the ice somehow if not the scoreboard.   Are you watching this series - is it available somewhere?   

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Cheers SID - I figured a player of his calibre would be contributing on the ice somehow if not the scoreboard.   Are you watching this series - is it available somewhere?   

It’s available but you either have to pay for OHL Live (NeuLion) or watch on a free streaming service (which we can’t really talk about here due to board rules). I pick up quite a few games (from a bunch of different leagues) using the second option. Haven’t seen a tonne of Owen Sound’s playoffs this year, but watch a few minutes here and there and get some game reports and stuff from other people.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Is that our Brett McKenzie?

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Haven't heard anything from Owen Sound in awhile.

You’d find more in the McKenzie thread since he’s been having a heck of a playoffs.

Gadjovich has been a bit snakebitten and struggled to score. I think he only has a single assist. He’s apparently been rock solid defensively, but just hasn’t been able to get going offensively.

Anyway, OS and SSM are tied 1-1 in the series so plenty of hockey left to play. Hopefully Gadjovich can break out soon and start scoring again.