The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

56 minutes ago, Devron said:

Well said. It’s been great for him. Should have started the year there.

As a fan though it’s just so tempting to want to see him with the big club when M Hunt is playing regular minutes  lol

I get that, but long term it's probably better for him to get big minutes in all situations and he won't get that as a Canuck this season unless Hughes or OEL go down for an extended period of time

He should have started the season there, I agree

Maybe he gets a call up, but if he does I hope it's brier, I firmly believe he's better served playing in all situations over in Abbotsford right now

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 2/15/2022 at 9:18 PM, stawns said:

I think they've done quite well in rounds 3-7 and even the AHL is largely made up of players from rounds 1-5.

I think a large amount of people who criticize the development under JB ignore things just to prove their agenda.

I mean the most obvious thing is the fact under Benning we saw them tend to draft outside of Canada and made the jump directly to the NHL after Europe or college except goalies who have legit chances of making it to the NHL which is quite impressive.

People saying that not a lot of picks drafted by Benning in the later rounds compared to the average are wrong imo especially since every draft a lot of those picks were dealt away but 

Gaudette, Rathbone, Lockwood, Aiden, Jurmo, Perrson, Silov,  etc have or have a legitimate shot at becoming NHLers.

And finally I would much rather hit on a smaller amount opposed to having a prospect pool that gets ranked highly because they have a bunch of high picks playing in the AHL.

The kings are a perfect example, they get ranked high every year for their farm but yet have none of those guys able to reach the level our picks have from the same draft years.

So while it's nice to have all those shiny toys who still have their shine because they haven't made it, I'll happily watch our kids contribute now.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1