The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

On 8/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, Googlie said:

Raises an interesting question. ...... could a team with some D protection space do a deal such as:

"Give us player X, plus a 2nd round pick, in exchange for a 2nd round pick from us, and we will protect him and guarantee to trade him back after the expansion draft in exchange for our second pick back"

Or Player X plus a prospect if they want to keep their pick  - same deal, we give something of value and get it back after the draft.

That sounds like circumvention. I doubt the league would allow that. 

18 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

That sounds like circumvention. I doubt the league would allow that. 

Yeah. - much like what happened with the Luongo cap penalty on us. Think outside the box and get screwed for a decade 

2 hours ago, canucklehead80 said:

Think outside the box and get league approval only to have rule changes allow the league to punish you after giving you the go ahead.:mad:

There should be a new rule in the league that rules cannot be changed retroactively

1 minute ago, canucklehead80 said:

Should be automatic, especially when it's been "league approved"

Can you imagine this happening in any other industry or facet of law. "Yeah I no the death sentence is banned but we've decided to make you the exception, hand up all in favour" done! With a foundation such as this it's no wonder the NHL struggles to be considered part of the big 4, they're self destroying sport, how can any one take then seriously

1 minute ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Billionaires make the rules. Why would they do that?

Well the value of your team, franchise and sport (as a business ) depend on good management and stability You need consistency and at very least the appearance of the league is in good and responsible hands. New Franchises should attract the best not nuevo rich looking to turn a bucks. 

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Well the value of your team, franchise and sport (as a business ) depend on good management and stability You need consistency and at very least the appearance of the league is in good and responsible hands. New Franchises should attract the best not nuevo rich looking to turn a bucks. 

Haha...so you think billionaires think being "fair" made them money? They are a bunch of greedy slime balls that could not care less about "fair". They just want more money. 

1 hour ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Haha...so you think billionaires think being "fair" made them money? They are a bunch of greedy slime balls that could not care less about "fair". They just want more money. 

They want reliable, good management, trustworthy, value. They want their other business to judged fairly, they want their assets to hold their value. In short they want to be judged by banks who payroll most of their business to think they're dealing with reliability. Business is a lot more complex than you believe. Disney didn't stay long in the NHL, most owners in the NHL have a larger than necessary high risk business. You don't see the likes of the English Premier League, MLB of the NFL act like clown shows. The NHL takes which ever owners they can find( think Phoenix, Florida and Senators )

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

So...no more Stetcher....and no more Tanev....

Sounds like 2 of.... or even all 3 of Rathbone, Juolevi and Rafferty will be Canucks in January....!

Maybe Chatfield as well...

Rathbone probably starts in Utica and we probably sign a D for depth ...but with Barrie going to the Oilers there are no other free agent D. that have the offensive upside of any of those 3....!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

So...no more Stetcher....and no more Tanev....

Sounds like 2 of.... or even all 3 of Rathbone, Juolevi and Rafferty will be Canucks in January....!

Maybe Chatfield as well...

Rathbone probably starts in Utica and we probably sign a D for depth ...but with Barrie going to the Oilers there are no other free agent D. that have the offensive upside of any of those 3....!

Is Ashton Sauntner in the organization still? I really liked his game, but he seems to be an afterthought. I have no trouble with those three cutting their teeth, but not all at once.

9 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Is Ashton Sauntner in the organization still? I really liked his game, but he seems to be an afterthought. I have no trouble with those three cutting their teeth, but not all at once.

Went UFA (like Fantenberg), so not listed under capfriendly. Was OJ's partner in early Utica games last season, played one game for Canucks.

Last 3 seasons has played 23 games for us,  zero goals, 3 assists, 4 penalty minutes and a +2.  6'1" and 195 lbs.  Shoots left but plays RHD.