The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A parting gift from Ryan Miller

yes we can nucks

I was a fan from day one. I still recall the oceans of text thrown up on these boards by @nuckluck chastising the team for signing Miller. 

It was a daunting task even trying to defend the signing as a good move.

Miller delivered on his end in spades, and then some.

Fare thee well Millsy, good fellow well met!

Yeah, we were spoiled to pick him up like we did. Great goalie and fun to watch. His son won't be getting on America's Got Talent any time soon though. Yeah, he's only two but geeze, finish the song at least. 

On 7/3/2017 at 9:31 AM, TheOgRook said:

Was gonna say the same thing!! Although here for a short time he epitomizes what it is to be a Canuck!!  Best of luck Millsy!!

Love the way Hutton takes Stech out of the way before jumping in. "It's ok son we've got this" style. 

12 hours ago, Slegr said:

Yeah, we were spoiled to pick him up like we did. Great goalie and fun to watch. His son won't be getting on America's Got Talent any time soon though. Yeah, he's only two but geeze, finish the song at least. 

Jeez I hope that made you feel better - ffs

Honestly, he's probably one of the best goalies the Canucks have ever had... ever. Even when he got scored on, I can't think of an instance where I actually blamed him for letting the puck through; As in almost every goal I saw scored on him was humanly impossible to stop. But then again, I also dipped out in December because of how inconsistent everyone in front of him was. 

On 7/2/2017 at 10:26 PM, yes we can nucks said:

Ryan Miller thanked the Canucks for his time in Vancouver with this cute video of his son singing O Canada.  What a class act by both father and son!

Ryan, we'll miss you.  You always conducted yourself with class while you were a Canuck.  Your save % of .914 over 3 yrs as a Canuck was amazing considering the quality of the team in front of you.  I'm glad you'll be closer with your family now.  Good luck with the Ducks, except when you play the Canucks!

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-miller-son-sings-o-canada-to-thank-vancouver-canucks/c-290273268?tid=281396148

God damn... He's breaking my like meter. I was already 100/100... Now it's like 110/100. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the greatest man we've had in between the pipes. 

On 7/3/2017 at 4:07 PM, -AJ- said:

Miller was just another random goaltender before he came here, but he really surprised me with the kind of class act he is. Major respect to that man and I hope he has success with the Ducks. A Cup for him would be nice (along with Juice and Kesler).

guess you didn't see him play in the olympics nor the years he was dominate.

19 minutes ago, samurai said:

guess you didn't see him play in the olympics nor the years he was dominate.

That was 2010. He wasn't a superstar anymore by the time he came here. He was just an average starting goaltender.

Archived