The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Liberals Leadership Race - Andrew Wilkinson Wins

DonLever

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Far more palatable than watts but...

let me finish that for you

but... hands the NDP at least one more majority. 

Personally I think this was a mistake, but this is BC, there's really no other province like ours politically, we always seem to find something stupid to do. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, fivethej said:

Libs are no threat to NDP. Unless NDP screws up with Greens bringing them down.

What is Watts going to do now? Run for Surrey Mayor again?

You can take the girl out of Surrey, but not the Surrey out of the girl.

While I wanted to give Wilkinson the benefit of the doubt, these words stuck out.  After reading them I realized he is not a man looking to lead, his words indicate he is more aptly going to finger point and dance in glee at failures instead of working together to make the province better.  If your first comments as the new leader of a party are to admit you are looking to highlight discord and point it out while trying to sow divisiveness in the government you are not a leader.

Wilkinson said he’s prepared to hit the ground running once the legislature returns on Feb. 13, with priority number one being “holding [the NDP] to account.”

“For the last six months they’ve been basically trying to study everything to death because they’re afraid to make decisions,” he said.

Part of that strategy may involve trying to drive a wedge between the NDP and the Green Party, whose support it relies on to remain in power.

“They have different views on some things but the Greens haven’t shown the stomach to actually vote against the party on anything,” he said.

“So what we have is a Green Party that makes a lot of noise but actually just votes with the NDP, and so that tension is going to build up between the two of them, and we’ll be there to point that out.”

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

For the last six months they’ve been basically trying to study everything to death because they’re afraid to make decisions,” he said.

I love how the BC Libs like to point out the 6 months the NDP have been in power as a dismal failure when the Libs themselves did SFA for 16 years. 

What I'll remember from that time period: a DUI and a premier that was possibly less likable than Hilary Clinton.

7 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I love how the BC Libs like to point out the 6 months the NDP have been in power as a dismal failure when the Libs themselves did SFA for 16 years. 

What I'll remember from that time period: a DUI and a premier that was possibly less likable than Hilary Clinton.

Whoa, whoa don't forget taking the tolls of the coke in a campaign promise with out even telling the toll booth workers.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Whoa, whoa don't forget taking the tolls of the coke in a campaign promise with out even telling the toll booth workers.

Or replacing the lost monies, all pre election/pre olympics then tolling the bridge they promised would be toll free

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Or replacing the lost monies, all pre election/pre olympics then tolling the bridge they promised would be toll free

You know whats more is an almost two decades in government there was no lowering pst, msp and the whole hst debacle. Houses skyrocketed in price and the wages have hardly increased in B.C during that time. If you take out tourism B.C would likely be top three in unemployment.

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

They have different views on some things but the Greens haven’t shown the stomach to actually vote against the party on anything,” he said.

“So what we have is a Green Party that makes a lot of noise but actually just votes with the NDP, and so that tension is going to build up between the two of them, and we’ll be there to point that out.”

you have to admit Hip, that does have some lining of truth to it. Weaver has really compromised on a lot of things and does look like the loser in that agreement. Personally I never thought Horgan was that capable but he really got everything he wanted and gave up nothing. 

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

How does Wilkinson win the leadership race with Lee having more of the votes? Confused.

How does any incumbent  from the Liberal party win the leadership race after the debacle of an election they ran ? 

Pretty embarassing how they gifted the election to the NDP.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

This kinda confuses me kos.

I mean what a poor job the libs did in the election.

Losing the Surrey ridings... was so avoidable...

Not spending more of the surplus was  very poor strategy..

Basically, the Libs should have easily won the election with better strategizing.

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I mean what a poor job the libs did in the election.

Losing the Surrey ridings... was so avoidable...

Not spending more of the surplus was  very poor strategy..

Basically, the Libs should have easily won the election with better strategizing.

I'm just teasing.

The B.C liberals are a terrible party period.

Archived