The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Canucks sign Scottie Upshall to a PTO

Adarsh Sant

I'll take this any day. He's getting a chance to prove he's still a valuable player any team would love to have around especially in special teams. Plays the game the right way and nothing fancy. Does everything you want out of him. Helps that he can help teach the kids as well with the other vets they have. Not bad at all

16 hours ago, nickels said:

Kinda think may find a spot for Gagne after forking out 9.5M

Gagne is retired

Anyways, that was a lineup projection if they didn't sign any vets in summer. And decided to go full youth movement from when they said that. 

Which includes Sam Gagner gosh.

but management has decided to insulate our youth, with vets and allow them to develop in Utica.

10 hours ago, kloubek said:

I don't agree they necessarily need a vet, but they need someone who is good at playing the game.  I think that can come in the form of a vet with skill (Eriksson) or a high talent younger player.  (Boeser?)  In fact, I feel Baertschi may also be holding Horvat back.  Thry may have chemistry together, but I don't believe Baertschi has nearly the talent or drive of Horvat.

Baby steps.

Well this will be a tell all year for baerstchi 

I believe in him though and don't share that opinion. 

Hoping he stays healthy and nets a 50+ pt season

5 hours ago, R3aL said:

Well this will be a tell all year for baerstchi 

I believe in him though and don't share that opinion. 

Hoping he stays healthy and nets a 50+ pt season

Well he was almost at a 50pt pace last season on a team that was an offensive black hole.  With a significant upgrade to the offense, i expect Baer to easily hit the 50 pt pace.

Archived