The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Canucks sign Scottie Upshall to a PTO

Adarsh Sant

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I get what you're saying, but as far as I'm concerned the 2 spots that JB mentioned are still up for grabs by 2 of Rodin, Boeser, Virtanen, and Goldobin. I don't expect all 4 to be ready to make the team, but if they truly are then I'd call that a good problem to have in a months time.

I highly doubt any youth make this team. Pedan Rodin would be my guess.and I'd expect them to see more games than they play.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A mix of White, Dorsett, Upshall, and Sutter on the 4th line? Sounds good to me. 

Need energy and guys that excel at pking on the fourth line. Virtanen, Gaunce, and Burmistrov are definitely going to be challenged.

I agree, except Sutter can't be 4c. If Sutter is 4c he needs to he traded ASAP, considering his cap hit.

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I agree, except Sutter can't be 4c. If Sutter is 4c he needs to he traded ASAP, considering his cap hit.

If everyone fits under the cap it doesn't really matter.

If some games he's 3rd line center based on minutes, and some games he's 4th line center, that's a good thing. That would mean that not only are other players excelling, but that we would have really good depth up front.

Just now, DeNiro said:

If everyone fits under the cap it doesn't really matter.

If some games he's 3rd line center based on minutes, and some games he's 4th line center, that's a good thing. That would mean that not only other players are excelling, but that we would have really good depth up front.

I can see your point, I just don't see Sutter playing 4th line minutes.

Sutter is a lock at 3c + PK, and I wouldn't be shocked if he plays with the twins for a bit, again. 

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Veteran heavy upfront.  Loving that they are adding some real key vets who are hard nosed in Upshall and White.  Would love to see either one get a contract with us.

Agreed. There are basically three things I like about Upshall.

1) like you, I like his hard nosed energy he brings to the game.

2) I like how he gets under the opposition's skin like shown here..

tumblr_opd1asxFI01qc9pjwo1_500.gif

3) He can finish off a pretty looking play like shown here..

tumblr_oo4bxuU3c61tbv1f7o5_500.gif

tumblr_oo4bxuU3c61tbv1f7o3_500.gif

Archived