The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

On 12/22/2017 at 12:05 AM, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NSH: Vincent Trocheck + Zack Kassian + 2018 FLA 1st

To LAK: Drew Doughty (50% retained for remainder of contract) + Vladimir Sobotka + Pontus Aberg + *conditional 2018 NSH 2nd

*pick awarded to LAK if 2018 FLA 1st is a draft lottery winner - top-3

Conditional Update: Pick does not transfer to LAK, pick will instead transfer to NJD as part of a separate trade.

7 hours ago, Nail said:

@Bombastik der Teutone @inane @gmen81 Have the top 3 picks, order TBD.

wuuuuuuuuuuuut??????  :towel:

i ve allways some luck with the draft lottery in this league . will be rough because our priority was to draft a defender in the 1st round.

but there are also some good forwards again. draft day will  be interesting. 

13 hours ago, lethunder said:

What sweet satisfaction it would have been... 

anyone else hear original Darth Vader voice reading this aloud? Now, I don't mean any offense, but when i got into fantasy leagues here on CDC several years ago, Lethunder, you were on top of the world, and you haven't moved much out of the top end ever since.....so rather than hear like a Ryan Gossling Rom Com voice reading this in my mind I hear darth vader similar to "i find your lack of faith disturbing". Don't force choke me brah.

After sleeping on it and having the liver filter out the bad thoughts, we wake up being in a much better mood about having two picks in the top 9. While disappointment still remains that our top picked fell out of the "top-4 tier", we are confident that we'll find two really good players at 5 and 9. We may still listen to anybody who wants to discuss that 9th pick, but as things currently stand we expect to keep them both.

I finally have a chance to sit down and transition to off-season mode. I want to congratulate @Squeak on a great series, you have built a young powerhouse and we look forward to battling it out next season. The season was cut shorter than we expected but that is just the way it goes sometimes. It gives us some encouragement to see our team continuing to be successful with our second round players.

As we move into the off-season, our #1 priority right now is to get Talbot on a contract as he is our only major UFA. With Gourde and Fiala requiring large pay increases, we will be looking to move a forward or two out. Two names that come up are Logan Couture and Nick Foligno, if interested in those players you are recommended to inquire within. Lastly we are looking to add a top four defenceman, as this is currently our weak spot on our team. 

16 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

wuuuuuuuuuuuut??????  :towel:

i ve allways some luck with the draft lottery in this league . will be rough because our priority was to draft a defender in the 1st round.

but there are also some good forwards again. draft day will  be interesting. 

7 hours ago, _arby_18 said:

After sleeping on it and having the liver filter out the bad thoughts, we wake up being in a much better mood about having two picks in the top 9. While disappointment still remains that our top picked fell out of the "top-4 tier", we are confident that we'll find two really good players at 5 and 9. We may still listen to anybody who wants to discuss that 9th pick, but as things currently stand we expect to keep them both.

Call me crazy, but I see a deal to be had here...

Vegas currently has a lot of picks for this draft:

2 1sts

3 2nds

7 3rds

4 4ths

I can definitely see myself moving some of these picks if the right deal comes up, whether it be to move up/down or even trade picks for players. Always open to trading so if interested in acquiring some or more picks, send me a message!

462C12BD-D211-4D88-9390-902DBFFA4816.png

OTB:

Matt Dumba

82 GP

14 goals

50 points

377 pool points

$3.85M salary

Entertaining the idea of trading Dumba. If a deal isn’t done before the start of next season, I’ll be extending him. Would be looking for another defenseman in return. If defenseman isn’t similar in stats, then it would be someone less + something else added in.

Archived