The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

ATTENTION ALL GMS:

I've created a survey that will help me gauge how you guys feel on certain aspects of the league. Each survey will be completed anonymously, I will have no idea who submits which response. Each question is not mandatory, if you do not feel a need to answer a question you have no obligations to do so. I would really appreciate it if you would take the time and fill this out, it'll really impact the way this league will continue to grow! Please be as honest as you can with each question!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oJ3fCvglc1EZlHeCxgnKDdVOzgIzEHoTPehHicCSh5k/edit

@gmen81 @_arby_18 @JE14 @Mimerez @BM24 @Monty @Bombastik der Teutone @maroe @winterhawks @Tony Romo @Blue Jay 22 @theminister @Boeserific @D-Money @Canuck Surfer @Patrick Kane @lethunder @Mr. Miyagi @Mike Vanderhoek @Sidney Crosby. @Intoewsables @Drouin @Tigs @Jaku @inane @Tylez @Dion Phaneuf @Primal Optimist @Squeak @Master Mind

hahaha, filled out my form, thanks for asking...you will learn I have an opinion in detail on everything...best not to ask or be prepared for rants. 

; )

By and Large I approve of everything in this league and the people running it and am cool with whatever you guys in charge decide, but i like most of the thoughts expressed in the questionaire....and its a great idea to have one. ; ) 

27 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Not close enough!

I need a big night from Kuch, and a shutout from Fleury to make things interesting.

Maybe I’m a bit biased cause I have Colorado’s 1st and would prefer for you to win :P 

9 hours ago, Monty said:

E1DC2E0D-8338-485A-8A6A-A6958DA02202.jpeg

*Phew*

So glad they’re meeting. Was really worried, there. Thanks for the report, SN!

I saw a great clip following another in analysis, pretty sure it was game two Bos / TO?  

1st play, Chara streaks around behind his own net to pick up a puck under heavy pressure from a forward tailing him on the check. He barely makes it to the corner and gets smashed as he rifles a sharp pass at high speed up on a sharp angle the boards. It barely passes a checker at about the blue line who just misses intercepting. And is picked up, by memory by DeBrusk in absolute full flight who chips to someone else for a breakaway streaking up the middle.  Transition at its best & the commentators marvelled.

2knd play Polak collects a puck in the corner & heads up ice as a forward poke checked a Bruin. He takes two slow strides as Matthews chugs up the middle of the ice and Polak is about at the Leafs end face off dot. Instead of hitting him with the breakout pass, Polak backhands it as a chip up ice off the boards at the blue line, even though he's not under that much pressure.  And it careens into the middle of the neutral zone where it is picked up by a Bruin. Seeing it behind him?  Matthews just slowly heads to the bench at the blue line at the far end of the ice. Pissed off that he was missed for a pass & he was dragging his heels, taking time to get to the bench. The Bruins convert the steal into a 3 on 1 & score almost while Matthews is arriving at the bench, indifferent. Milbury tore it apart inbetween periods, ''Houston, meet Toronto, you have a problem!''

And he's mad at the coach!  :lol:

The Leafs need to sharpen up their game, hit that transition. But you cant have the ''best player'' sulking to the bench. And its embarrassing that a HHOF coach goes t Arizona to resolve it.  He should have been doing suicide line drills till he puked, not being catered to...    

On 5/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, Nail said:

ATTENTION ALL GMS:

I've created a survey that will help me gauge how you guys feel on certain aspects of the league. Each survey will be completed anonymously, I will have no idea who submits which response. Each question is not mandatory, if you do not feel a need to answer a question you have no obligations to do so. I would really appreciate it if you would take the time and fill this out, it'll really impact the way this league will continue to grow! Please be as honest as you can with each question!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oJ3fCvglc1EZlHeCxgnKDdVOzgIzEHoTPehHicCSh5k/edit

@gmen81 @_arby_18 @JE14 @Mimerez @BM24 @Monty @Bombastik der Teutone @maroe @winterhawks @Tony Romo @Blue Jay 22 @theminister @Boeserific @D-Money @Canuck Surfer @Patrick Kane @lethunder @Mr. Miyagi @Mike Vanderhoek @Sidney Crosby. @Intoewsables @Drouin @Tigs @Jaku @inane @Tylez @Dion Phaneuf @Primal Optimist @Squeak @Master Mind

Just a follow up post on this -

Will leave the survey open for around a week or so to give people ample time to respond should they choose to (17 responses right now).

Here's my thinking on how I will approach the survey results, feel free to give feedback if you don't think its right!

Things GMs like - Continue to do these things and continue to make it enjoyable for the future

Things GMs dont like - If its an easy fix that doesn't affect the game too much (aka a rule change), try to fix it. If it's a suggestion for something that could potentially alter the game, write it down and include it on the polls for next years survey.

Poll Questions - I'm obviously not going to implement some of the rules if its not of popular opinion. I'm thinking 80% of the vote to implement is a fair threshold to use, but am open to other percentages if need be. Votes for "No preference" will not count for anything in the vote (so a vote would need at least 16/20 votes as opposed to at least 24/30 if 10 GMs voted for no preference)

Obviously I won't be able to make everyone happy (I wish I could though), but I'll try and make sure that as many people as possible approve of the changes.

6508fda9a0c6797c1a0fd58cb151a29d.png

Matchups in the East are over, but we'll look at who's got who left in the West:

Los Angeles (135) - Letang, Orlov, Trouba, Orpik, C. Smith, Armia, Kuhnhackl, Salomaki

Edmonton (114) - Rinne, Subban, Hartman

Winnipeg (135) - Carlson, Sissons, Tanev, Rust, Hunwick

Colorado (169) - Holtby, Johansen, Morrissey, Chiasson

Archived