The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Michael Chaput

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I don't blame ya, could be for the best. I hope his leg gets healthy enough to play hockey and stays that way for a long time, but it's pretty easy to be skeptical there.

Yeah.

I feel bad for the guy. 

I'll just go back to forgetting about him now.

16 minutes ago, 6string said:

A quick look at the Comet's site has Anton with one game played to date.

OK time to look back and see why our club is in such a talent hole right now...

Lets look at 2012 - our top 10 prospects.  These guys should be keep parts now  5 years later...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1234323-prospective-top-10-prospects-of-the-vancouver-canucks

10 - Billy Sweatt

9 - Anton Rodin

8 - Patrick McNally

7 - Brendan Gaunce

6 - kevin Connauton

5 - Jordan Schroeder

4 Chris Tanev

3 Zack Kassian

2 Nick Jensen

1 Eddie Lack

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Lets look at 2012 - our top 10 prospects.  These guys should be keep parts now  5 years later...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1234323-prospective-top-10-prospects-of-the-vancouver-canucks

10 - Billy Sweatt

9 - Anton Rodin

8 - Patrick McNally

7 - Brendan Gaunce

6 - kevin Connauton

5 - Jordan Schroeder

4 Chris Tanev

3 Zack Kassian

2 Nick Jensen

1 Eddie Lack

miniFA CE PALM-001.jpg

13 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What's your point exactly? 

18 hours ago, CeeBee51 said:

He wear no shoeshine, he's got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger, he shoot Coca-Cola
He say, "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free

"Come together, right now,  :canucks:". 

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

Eriksson, Edler, Sutter out, and it hasn't even been 5 games. 

This is a blessing in disguise. The more young guys in your lineup getting minutes piques fan interest to watch games on tv and in person.

Not a lot of people tune into the games to watch the vets anymore attendance speaks volumes and opinions on social media and radio seem to agree most people just wanna see the young guys play even if they make mistakes and are not perfect defensively like the vets.

I'm interested in Granlund, Horvat,Boeser,Virtanen and Stecher and Pouliot and Baertschi. Throw in Hutton maybe too and Burmistrov.

Hopefully Goldobin soon too to that group and so on and so forth.

Youth plays with speed skill and energy compared to the Vanek-Sutter-Eriksson and Gagners of the world we already seen these guys old tired acts and their peaks.

Only vet I would care to watch on the Canucks and be excited for is the Italian Stallion on d rushing the puck.

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

This is a blessing in disguise. The more young guys in your lineup getting minutes piques fan interest to watch games on tv and in person.

Not a lot of people tune into the games to watch the vets anymore attendance speaks volumes and opinions on social media and radio seem to agree most people just wanna see the young guys play even if they make mistakes and are not perfect defensively like the vets.

I'm interested in Granlund, Horvat,Boeser,Virtanen and Stecher and Pouliot and Baertschi. Throw in Hutton maybe too and Burmistrov.

Hopefully Goldobin soon too to that group and so on and so forth.

Youth plays with speed skill and energy compared to the Vanek-Sutter-Eriksson and Gagners of the world we already seen these guys old tired acts and their peaks.

Only vet I would care to watch on the Canucks and be excited for is the Italian Stallion on d rushing the puck.

Yup, I'm just not that interested to see if Vanek, Gagner and our precious Sedins can turn back the clock of father time.

Meanwhile I see a committed Virtanen a maturing Bo Horvat and a huge prospect in Boeser along with others like Stecher, Hutton and Granlund securing roster spots. I like what we have in our prospects pool too, in with the new out with old!

Just now, 6string said:

Yup, I'm just not that interested to see if Vanek, Gagner and our precious Sedins can turn back the clock of father time.

Meanwhile I see a committed Virtanen a maturing Bo Horvat and a huge prospect in Boeser along with others like Stecher, Hutton and Granlund securing roster spots. I like what we have in our prospects pool too, in with the new out with old!

Ideally they are out of it post deadline and guys like Vanek and Gagner have been moved for a b prospect or pick.

The rebuild is far from over. Canucks need the Stealth Tank going after game 40.

Bringing up Goldobin before the end of the year for 20 games would be a huge boost to his confidence too if not sooner.

11 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Interesting. Boucher and Goldobin have racked up plenty of points, yet we bring in Chaput. Green must want a center, but I thought Eriksson was injured? 

How is his defence and compete these days. 

He has always racked up points in the AHL but he needs to learn how to graft. Chaput is a grafter and he deserves his call based on last season's performances.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Ideally they are out of it post deadline and guys like Vanek and Gagner have been moved for a b prospect or pick.

The rebuild is far from over. Canucks need the Stealth Tank going after game 40.

Bringing up Goldobin before the end of the year for 20 games would be a huge boost to his confidence too if not sooner.

Too late the Oilers have already decided they need more No 1 draft picks  - and we all know they will not be denied.

Archived