The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Penguins, Saturday, November 4th, 2017 @ Rogers Arena 7 PST on CBC

Qwags

58 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

His eyes are a weird friggin colour man. Like bee poop. I wonder if his zits taste sweet like honey.

He has hazel colored eyes. Not a lot of us but we do have weird colored eyes, especially when it can shift to being more green during the warmer months.

17 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

But they didn't win, they lost. So they looked good losing, big deal, is that worth 200+ bucks for the next game?

Performance and result? They lost. The performance wasn't good enough period. If it was they would have won.  Good performances in losing don't win anything except sympathy.

Found you, Botchford.

23 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Of course. Why can't they win all 82 games? Stupid Canucks....

C'mon Guardian, no team can pull off that. They are playing with vigor and purpose. They'll win more. 

The last two years management has been spewing "playoffs, playoffs, playoffs" and all they have accomplished is getting a lot of players desperate to stay in the NHL with an exception or two.

I DO believe the players are trying their very best every night it is just that some are borderline NHLers'.

Over the last two years they have been losing two games for every one they win an average, the season is early yet and the schedule has been exceptionally kind to them, it is much too early in the season to be giving out awards.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Around 9-10 am last Saturday ShowTime had tickets against the New Jersey Devils starting at around $25 in the upper ends, yet today against the Pens they are starting at $125. 

People are lined up to see Phil Kessel's fat a** struggle up and down the ice.

Maybe, just maybe he'll throw a tantrum or two

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Around 9-10 am last Saturday ShowTime had tickets against the New Jersey Devils starting at around $25 in the upper ends, yet today against the Pens they are starting at $125. 

Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, back-to-back Stanley Cup Champions - there is that hype over a Devils team that finished in the bottom five of the standings in the league last season.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The last two years management has been spewing "playoffs, playoffs, playoffs" and all they have accomplished is getting a lot of players desperate to stay in the NHL with an exception or two.

I DO believe the players are trying their very best every night it is just that some are borderline NHLers'.

Over the last two years they have been losing two games for every one they win an average, the season is early yet and the schedule has been exceptionally kind to them, it is much too early in the season to be giving out awards.

I think fans have a hard time focusing on the bigger picture with regards to team building. No matter how frustrated anyone is this stuff can't happen overnight. Maybe you get lucky being gifted a phenom at the draft to kickstart things, but that's still only one player. We now have a more solid group of up and coming prospects than I can remember having previously, some of whom are already on the team. The borderline NHL'ers and placeholder vets will be outta here when our draft picks are ready to boot them off the team, and not until then. All the terminology management has been using to define its course of action over the last few years is the least important thing to focus on, and it's a shame you use all your energy to focus on that and wins rather than what's currently happening right now, which is an actual rebuild.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, back-to-back Stanley Cup Champions - there is that hype over a Devils team that finished in the bottom five of the standings in the league last season.

Yeah, I know. The Golden Boy and so on. That's a wicked spread though, and with so many tickets being available still the price doesn't quite match the demand.

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I think fans have a hard time focusing on the bigger picture with regards to team building. No matter how frustrated anyone is this stuff can't happen overnight. Maybe you get lucky being gifted a phenom at the draft to kickstart things, but that's still only one player. We now have a more solid group of up and coming prospects than I can remember having previously, some of whom are already on the team. The borderline NHL'ers and placeholder vets will be outta here when our draft picks are ready to boot them off the team, and not until then. All the terminology management has been using to define its course of action over the last few years is the least important thing to focus on, and it's a shame you use all your energy to focus on that and wins rather than what's currently happening right now, which is an actual rebuild.

It is not over night, it is 4+ years, 3+ has been this group.

We are getting way off topic.

Pens 5 Nucks 2

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Yeah, I know. The Golden Boy and so on. That's a wicked spread though, and with so many tickets being available still the price doesn't quite match the demand.

Well, right now on StubHub, the cheapest tickets are going for $52 in the Upper Bowl. That is still cheaper than what we have seen in the past, especially against a team like the Penguins. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem like it will be sellout after looking at the number of tickets avaliable on Ticketmaster.

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It is not over night, it is 4+ years, 3+ has been this group.

We are getting way off topic.

Pens 5 Nucks 2

I don't think it's too off topic, but it's cool, we can find another time and place. Drafting and development take time is all I'll say. That, and yes, of course there have been mistakes made, but overall I'm pretty thrilled with where we are now compared to 4 years ago. Damn, we're in such a better position now.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well, right now on StubHub, the cheapest tickets are going for $52 in the Upper Bowl. That is still cheaper than what we have seen in the past, especially against a team like the Penguins. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem like it will be sellout after looking at the number of tickets avaliable on Ticketmaster.

52 US. And yeah, it is unfortunate that there won't be more people there. Ticketmaster, as well as all the other resellers I've been checking out of curiosity, have oodles of tickets. 

I'd just like to see more asses in seats for my home viewing experience, but that's a little hypocritical as I don't attend games these days either. Geography plays a part in that, though.

1 hour ago, mll said:

He played last night.  With Megna and Wiercioch in Vancouver - they only have to scratch one veteran per game and not three.

He's (Rodin) not playing nearly enough.
That's what, 3 or 4 games this season?
He's missed most of the last TWO YEARS with that damn knee. Now finally healthy (by all accounts).... and he can't even find a regular spot in an AHL lineup.
I said this the other day, they need to trade him, let him go back to Sweden, or see if they can loan him to another AHL team that will play him on the reg. Because after everything he's been through, what he's going through now is worse. 

Archived