The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Penguins, Saturday, November 4th, 2017 @ Rogers Arena 7 PST on CBC

Qwags

44 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Rodin should be in for Gagner or Vanek.....this is starting to fry my griddle....

Gagner or Vanek in the NHL is better than Rodin in the AHL. Gagner had a rough start, but these last 2 games for him has been great. Vanek is a consistent 20 goal scorer. No way would Rodin even come close to being good as those two.

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Disagree  wholeheartedly....

...just watch....

Look at the production rates of Gagner and Vanek for their careers. Rodin hasn't proven anything as a canuck or a comet. If anyone were to replace one of the vets, it'd be Gaunce or Goldobin not Rodin. 

1 hour ago, CeeBee51 said:

What they need is a Frank on the other wing. Maybe they'd get mixed up and do Hank to Dank to Hank to Frank kinda thing once in awhile. :emot-parrot:

1 hour ago, Davathor said:

Grank?

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Stank 

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

So long as it isn't some Wank

Jank Virtanen

9 minutes ago, Rex425 said:

Look at the production rates of Gagner and Vanek for their careers. Rodin hasn't proven anything as a canuck or a comet. If anyone were to replace one of the vets, it'd be Gaunce or Goldobin not Rodin. 

I really don't think we're going to see Goldobin for awhile, especially after reading that article where Linden talks about how well he's doing but still needs to focus on play without the puck. 

There are too many stretches of time where Goldy doesn't use any energy for puck pursuit, instead he waits for the puck to pop free in a scrum or it just comes to him. His willingness to engage in dirty areas is inconsistent, and that's probably the biggest reason they moved him to the PK. Get him working on his own zone play, and coach him to be more puck hungry. 

If he puts all those things together we could see a call up, otherwise, we'll see him at camp.

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I really don't think we're going to see Goldobin for awhile, especially after reading that article where Linden talks about how well he's doing but still needs to focus on play without the puck. 

There are too many stretches of time where Goldy doesn't use any energy for puck pursuit, instead he waits for the puck to pop free in a scrum or it just comes to him. His willingness to engage in dirty areas is inconsistent, and that's probably the biggest reason they moved him to the PK. Get him working on his own zone play, and coach him to be more puck hungry. 

If he puts all those things together we could see a call up, otherwise, we'll see him at camp.

That's true. I do think when injuries pile up later in the year that he'll get some games. Hopefully he focuses on those details and is a regular by next year.

Just now, Rex425 said:

That's true. I do think when injuries pile up later in the year that he'll get some games. Hopefully he focuses on those details and is a regular by next year.

We might have a couple more fresh faces at the end of this year if all goes well. If the Comets are kicking ass, taking names, and gearing up for playoffs he might stay down for that. If we find ourselves in a playoff spot he might stay down. At the beginning of the year I said the same as you, that we'll see Goldobin sometime after Christmas for some games, but I'm stepping back from saying that so confidently. He has bought in down there and is doing the work, that's all I could want from him this season. 

Archived